Samsung UN46C8000 LED tv not powering on - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well the title says it all. My two years old Samsung UN46C8000 tv is not powering on. It just makes clicking noise but never turns on. Nothing comes on the screen not even a flash. Power led turns red when I plug the power cable. But when I press power button on my remote it just clicks every five seconds. I do not know what is going on with the tv. I called Samsung support they told me it needs service. But it is out of warranty so I have to contact the local repair center. If any of you have the similar issue and know the fix for it please let me know.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My UN46C8000 has started clicking and blacking out. The "Samsung" remains lit but the power switch does not function. After 10-15 minutes it might come back on at which point it can be turned off. Other times the power has to be disconnected for several minutes before it will "behave".

This TV replaced another Samsung that exhibited the same problem that then progressed to the point that you are experiencing. I tried to give it away to any one who would take it for just the cost of repairs. No one took the offer. It ended up going out in the trash.

Later I found that the problem (faulty capacitors) was so common with Samsung TVs that there had been a lawsuit. At that point Samsung started repairing the sets for free. (In one review of the problem it noted that the repair man was working full time doing nothing but replacing capacitors in Samsung TVs.

I wish you luck in getting your set repaired. The cost (if Samsung does not cover it), is about $300.

Tags
Samsung Un46c8000 46 Inch 1080p 3d 240 Hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread
User Tag List