Tv advice please. $2k budget - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I got the LG 55LM7600. I thought I said that but maybe not. I forget lol. It's 5:14am Sunday and I been up since yesterday morning about 1am or so. I did get a couple or few hrs though around 6-7 am and got outta bed around 11am something. Then rested from 2-3pm. Then went to get tv.

I have not touched settings and find the image is fine. Except ghosting or something in fast moving pans. I was watching Multiplicity in HD not bluray. Lots of stuff around Michaels body when he moves fast. Looks like an outline around him and several lines that stutter. Only when he moves faster then normal. Like one scene he was pushing 2 through a door while he was mad and when the original came in there was lots of this stuff around him and behind him on the wall and in a picture and the drapes or whatever. He was fast and this stuff was very noticeable. This was around him whenever he moved fast.

Everything else seems fine for now. Except wifi sucks!!!! Soooo incredibly unbearably worthless speed. Can't even watch you tube. Won't buffer. Same for the 3d demo app. Trailers look like garbage with tons of pixels and takes forever to buffer and start.

2d-3d doesn't seem to do anything. Multiplicity looked exactly the same. 2d-3d on ps3 with a 3d baseball game mlb12 the show did nothing. And I don't know how to unlock the stereoscopic setting in the game.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Try doing a firmware update first of all.

The ghosting you're seeing might be from motion interpolation, it will be on by default. Try turning it off and play the same scenes again to verify if that's it. Mine is set at de-judder: 3 and de-blur: 9. But again, it depends on the content and subjectively on your perception. I find my settings are acceptable. For me. Also try the scene in the FOTR Blu-Ray when Gandalf arrives at Bag End. The pan shot just when he arrives. Try it with Tru-Motion (interpolation) Off, then at High. That scene will show you what interpolation can do: jerky without, smooth with it on.

Re-enable your WiFi, and maybe reset your router. Mine works fine. You may have to move your router a little if there's something interfering with the signal. Mine was slow out of the box, for some reason, but it got much better once the TV settled in.

Just as with motion interpolation, the 2D -> 3D conversion is heavily dependent on the content. Try the Star Wars episode One Blu-Ray. That one converts fairly well. I don't normally use that option, I only watch 3D Blu-Rays and 3D captures.

Have you checked yet for uneven backlighting and flashlighting with the TV in Standard mode? Standard mode is okay for a well-lit room. Calibration settings I'm sure will be posted on the dedicated thread by other owners.

If you intend to use an external hard drive, here are a few tips:

- Use a powered drive.
- Your partition limit will be 2 TB, using the old standard MBR (master boot record) partitioning. The newer GPT partitioning will not be recognized, so partitions over 2 TB cannot be used.
- Format as NTFS. No limit on file size as with FAT formatting.
- File types recognized are listed in the manual.

Thumb drives can be used as well, of course.
post #33 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Congratulations on the purchase Buggs! Happy to hear you are moving past the unfortunate Samsung episode from prior, and I think you've made a good choice for yourself. As a point of clarity, I think what you are experiencing there in those pans isn't ghosting but minor artifacting, just to give a better sense as to what's going on. That said, Fritz's advice on that is definitely the way to go in order to isolate and remedy.
post #34 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Yeah, since we can't see it for ourselves, it's hard to be sure unless you isolate the cause. I'd also try turning all processing off (Game Mode) and view the problematic scenes again that way.

Speaking of Game Mode, have you tried it yet? Any noticeable input lag?
post #35 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I still need to get over the store not honoring their policy by not letting me exchange the Samsung. I took a $500 hit on it plus some tax. Sold for $900. I shouldn't let it bug me but sometimes I take a bit of time getting over stuff. Earlier magnolia hifi did the same by not letting me return a *defective* marantz sr7005 receiver. They said they'd only refund me $1400 and it cost $1700 plus tax. They said bla bla. Friend went in store for me and got them to take it give me full refund but magnolia said I can't ever shop there again. That took me awhile to get over it. Now definitive audio does the same thing but not even letting me return for exchange. I ain't going back ever.

I haven't changed any settings yet. I haven't tried a game except I watched madden nfl13 demo play itself on my ps3 for a couple quarters. So no lag since I wasn't playing of course. I tried mlb12 the show but the stereoscopic setting is locked and the game won't let me change it. I let the game play itself for a few minutes while I tried to turn on the stereoscopic. But I don't know how.

That's all I've done so far.
Fritz what model do you have?
post #36 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 07:11 PM

Last year's 65LW6500.

What do you mean you haven't changed any settings? Start with "Standard" Mode to begin with.
post #37 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I haven't changed any settings regarding picture. Default after initial first time setup is standard already.
Firmware try to update but won't get past 3%.
No remove wifi connection so I just re connected.
post #38 of 46 Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Ok. 11%. Taking hrs to update.
post #39 of 46 Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I had to connect LAN cable. Finally worked.
post #40 of 46 Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 AM

Mine was slow updating the first time also. Failed a few times then seemed to just sit there, but finally did update. I dunno why. It's very quick now.

Have you got around to testing for input lag yet? How about the interpolation?
post #41 of 46 Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

What's interpolation again?

I played my mlb12 the show on my ps3 in the home run derby. No issues when swinging the bat. Still haven't changed any picture settings yet. Still the default standard.
post #42 of 46 Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM

Come on now, work with me here. I've told you my model twice now, and I've explained motion interpolation as well. Read it again. tongue.gif

As to resetting your WiFi, sure you can.

I sense you're in too much of a hurry. You'll have to slow down and take things one step at a time.
post #43 of 46 Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I actually re read right after I posted. So I guess I did feel in a hurry.

I don't have any lord of the ring. I only have Jeff Dunham on bluray. Maybe Cars 2.

I didn't see any remove connection for wifi.
post #44 of 46 Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
May be too late to post, be careful on LG's. The clearmotion and other features they advertise are not in the sets yet even though they advertise them. Supposed to come out in firmware upgrades but i know some people that have been waiting 9 months from when LG promised the update. I bought an LG then returned it. Got a Sony HX 750 and have been very pleased. But i do not use the 3D so cant help there.
post #45 of 46 Old 12-04-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelityIsKing View Post

May be too late to post, be careful on LG's. The clearmotion and other features they advertise are not in the sets yet even though they advertise them. Supposed to come out in firmware upgrades but i know some people that have been waiting 9 months from when LG promised the update. I bought an LG then returned it. Got a Sony HX 750 and have been very pleased. But i do not use the 3D so cant help there.

Well, I have TruMotion on mine alright. But I recall a few posts here and there in which folks are saying they're having trouble with it. Possibly in those cases it's a firmware problem or an outright defective set. It happens.
post #46 of 46 Old 12-04-2012, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I think the default trumotion is clear and I turned it off last night. It was better with less of the stuff around bodies when moving fast. I watched true lies in hd and didn't notice it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page