Panasonic L42U5 settings troubles (TCL42U5 or TC L42U5) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I picked up an L42U5... it's a cheap LCD at $400 with few features, but it gets you into the Panasonic family. So here I am in bargain basement town and am in need of an assist from anyone that may be in the know. The image on this display isn't really what I was hoping for. I have an old Westinghouse TX-42F430S also a 42inch and I thought that being a 7 year old TV that it would be at least as good as the newer ones. Color and contrast simply aren't there in the 42 inch, but I suppose you get what you pay for. I'm trying to work out if this is going back and what in the same price range is better. I'm here in hopes of throwing myself on the mercy of those much better informed about these things to find out.
1. What are the best settings for the L42U5
2. Are there better options in the same $400 to $500 price range that offer a better picture (I'm using this for PC gaming and watching SD TV and the occasional HD iTunes flick).

Any assist would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-21-2012, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
So is this not in a format that would typically would be responded to here, or is my TV so low rent that no one here knows anything about it?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-29-2012, 03:01 AM

Liked: 16
i purchased one 2 weeks ago.we had it hooked up to our cable supplier's HD box.the picture was outstanding.unfortunately,it met its demise while my spouse decided to mount it,and her son dropped it against the stand eek.gif,damaging the panel.just wondering,what do you have it hooked up to,as it does make a difference.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc L42u5 42 Inch 1080p Full Hd Lcd Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page