Vizio E701i-A3 Owners Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 2460 Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
How is the picture affected if you adjust the color offset s in the same direction by the same amount? Say from 128 to 100. If the color relationship status the same, then does it adjust brightness of the color? could you potentially tweak black level by reducing the rgb offset? Ive only adjusted them by a few points to reduce a slightly green overtone, but the adjustment range is very large.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadr View Post

I have been having the same flicker problem. Did you ever get this resolved? I notice it when I am in the guide on my Windows Media Center HTPC (I have the same media center connected to other TVs and don't have this problem, so I know it's an issue with the Vizio).
I plan to try adjusting the sharpness tonight

I can concur on this. If I turn the sharpness beyond 6 or 7, I get bad flicker in menus on my Tivo and DirecTv receiver.
post #543 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 AM

Got mine from Amazon this week (Monday). Serial number started with 02.

So far, so good. It's a little bit of a softer picture coming up from a Vizio 55". My 55' is 240Hz, back lit.. so I was a little concerned about 70" edge lit. So far, brightness has been pretty uniform. I can tell you, as other posters have mentioned, the pictures washes out quickly from other viewing angles, compared to my 55".
post #544 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathanb View Post

Got mine from Amazon this week (Monday). Serial number started with 02.

So far, so good. It's a little bit of a softer picture coming up from a Vizio 55". My 55' is 240Hz, back lit.. so I was a little concerned about 70" edge lit. So far, brightness has been pretty uniform. I can tell you, as other posters have mentioned, the pictures washes out quickly from other viewing angles, compared to my 55".

Oh, and it did have one "stuck" pixel, right in the middle of the screen. It resolved itself the minute I lightly pressed on it with my finger.
post #545 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 08:09 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

I just ordered mine today from Amazon. Delivery is supposed to be this Wednesday the 30th. Should I be looking at the serial number for some reason? I've seen quite a few setting recommendations here. Has anybody tried several and settled on one? It seems that a few have used Monoprice mounts. Is there a consensus favorite? Can't wait till Wednesday.

I just picked up this Vizio yesterday, replacing a Samsung 58" Plasma that has has constant issues with purple aberrations during mostly or all white screens. Samsung is finally refunding the Plasma and sending someone to pick it up.

I am using this mount from Monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082812&p_id=5918&seq=1&format=2

It's hard to believe considering the low price of $14, but the mount is very sturdy. It also has 3 different mounting height positions, which is really neat. The Vizio is 2.2" thick and mounted using this mount the front of the TV is right at 3" from the wall. It looks awesome. Here's a crappy cell phone pic I snapped of it. I have this same mount in the bedroom with a older 42" LCD as well.

post #546 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Anyone else's screen warped? I noticed this last night as I was off angle viewing from the right. Something looked "off" and crooked, so I pulled out the level & tape measure to make sure I wasn't going crazy. Sure enough, right side edge of screen is even but the left side edge bottom protrudes an extra 3/4 inch compared to the left top. Extra room for access to the HDMI & ports on the back left side bottom (if it were wall mounted)? I guess it's not THAT big an issue as it doesn't seem to affect the picture, but I notice it, and my concern is if/when I wall mount the TV, it will be more noticable and protrude more from the wall on that bottom side. For those who have wall mounted, is yours flat/even? This is my 2nd e701 (last one had dead pixels) and I didn't notice the first one as warped also. I really don't want to have to rebox and return to Costco for another since these are big, heavy and a huge inconvenience. I guess it's whether I can live with it or not. What would you do?

Epson 2000 Projector & 120" screen
Sony 70W830B LED TV
Xbox One & PS4
Gamertag: JonnyRingo619
post #547 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Well CRAP. Just hooked up the new set and got a NO SIGNAL message on the screen. Called Vizio and went through all the set up routine again, still NO SIGNAL. Grabbed my 32" Vizio and plugged in the HDMI cable and it got a perfect picture. Tried all four HDMI inputs with no luck. He said he could send out a repair guy but since I've had this thing for all of about 2 hours I may as well just send it back. Joy. Now I get to pack this monster up, call Amazon and send it back. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't 65 years old and home alone. I've been following this thread and the 60" from day one and this is the first I've heard of this happening. Sorry if I sound sour but this really pisses me off.
post #548 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Well CRAP. Just hooked up the new set and got a NO SIGNAL message on the screen. Called Vizio and went through all the set up routine again, still NO SIGNAL. Grabbed my 32" Vizio and plugged in the HDMI cable and it got a perfect picture. Tried all four HDMI inputs with no luck. He said he could send out a repair guy but since I've had this thing for all of about 2 hours I may as well just send it back. Joy. Now I get to pack this monster up, call Amazon and send it back. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't 65 years old and home alone. I've been following this thread and the 60" from day one and this is the first I've heard of this happening. Sorry if I sound sour but this really pisses me off.

You don't have to pack it up for Amazon, they will bring in the new one and take away the old one. Easy peasy, don't sweat it, just give them a call and a new one will be on the way. What is the serial number on the bad unit?

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
post #549 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I know how great amazon is. Already have delivery set for Friday. Serial number is LFTRNXAP0200651. This is a number I have not seen mentioned in this thread. It says, assembled in Mexico. Part of my problem is that I am a home theater consultant and many people count on me to recommend products for them, especially TV's. In several other threads (people asking what to buy) I find myself constantly defending VIZIO against those saying they are junk and stay away from Vizio. A lot of my contacts know I was getting this set and how much research I put into my choice. They also now know about this incident. I know I can tell them stuff happens but the seed of doubt is lurking anyway. I must admit I am leery about the next set even if it does work fine. I now kind of will wonder for how long. I will get the extended warranty from Costco. Has anybody seen a serial number like this?
post #550 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I know how great amazon is. Already have delivery set for Friday. Serial number is LFTRNXAP0200651. This is a number I have not seen mentioned in this thread. It says, assembled in Mexico. Part of my problem is that I am a home theater consultant and many people count on me to recommend products for them, especially TV's. In several other threads (people asking what to buy) I find myself constantly defending VIZIO against those saying they are junk and stay away from Vizio. A lot of my contacts know I was getting this set and how much research I put into my choice. They also now know about this incident. I know I can tell them stuff happens but the seed of doubt is lurking anyway. I must admit I am leery about the next set even if it does work fine. I now kind of will wonder for how long. I will get the extended warranty from Costco. Has anybody seen a serial number like this?

The reason I asked I just got a new one Monday and the serial number is 5000249, no rhyme or reason in recent numbers. Maybe Vizio has been watching the E60 thread and wants to keep it confused so no pattern emerges. Mine is still in the box heading for storage for a few weeks while my condo get ripped apart. I must say, my early E60 (39) has been flawless and I've had it since October 25th.

post #551 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 02:51 PM

Is there any way, other than buying the GenFen HDMI Detective, to get the TV to accept 5.1 audio? I'm using a monoprice matrix switcher, and I'm trying to get 5.1 audio to my AVR, but the EDID settings on the TV is preventing me from being able to do this.
post #552 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

The reason I asked I just got a new one Monday and the serial number is 5000249, no rhyme or reason in recent numbers. Maybe Vizio has been watching the E60 thread and wants to keep it confused so no pattern emerges. Mine is still in the box heading for storage for a few weeks while my condo get ripped apart. I must say, my early E60 (39) has been flawless and I've had it since October 25th.

Yesterday, Best Buy had 3 in stock. Two were "50" serial numbers, but the other one had an "01" or "02" serial number. I got one of the 50's. It's great so far, nice uniform picture, strong wireless signal, ARC works perfectly to my Pioneer VSX-1022K AV receiver. Fingers crossed......
post #553 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

I have it. LFTRNXAP0101...My set is perfect. No clouding, no flashlighting and nice even panel.
post #554 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

Maybe Vizio has been watching the E60 thread and wants to keep it confused so no pattern emerges.

Too funny::.eek.gif.. Do you know where Jimmy Hoffa is buried? biggrin.gif
post #555 of 2460 Old 01-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama J View Post

I am using this mount from Monoprice. It's hard to believe considering the low price of $14, but the mount is very sturdy.
I'm using Monoprice PID #7848 (at $18.40). I have it bolted to three studs using five bolts. Way Overkill. Worked out perfectly. :-)
post #556 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Took back my 65" Vizio M650VSE ... great TV but the Banding was HORRIBLE!

Just picked up one of these at Costco tonight (on sale for $1579)... unpacked and it's up and running! No Banding that I can really see at all yet (thought I saw a teeny tiny little but may just be trying to find it) ... I don't have any of the clouding at all and no flashlighting in the corners or bottom top middle area that I can see so far ... it's actually is very black in all 4 corners.

My serial is LFTRNXAN51

I have only had this TV for a few hours so I will follow up after some more time has passed.

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Understand CNET's calibration setting! Can't make heads or tails of what to set the all the color temperature setting to along with the other stuff. ... thanks
bill875 likes this.
post #557 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodanco View Post

I'm using Monoprice PID #7848 (at $18.40). I have it bolted to three studs using five bolts. Way Overkill. Worked out perfectly. :-)

Mine has four bolts to two studs. It ain't going nowhere. I tell everyone about Monoprice. The markup is ridiculous on the mounts in stores. I also get all my cables from there and bought a case for my iPhone from them for $1.55. smile.gif
post #558 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB619 View Post

Hey Group - 2 things:

I had a noticeable flashlight right in the bottom middle of the TV, right above the stand. Did the “massage trick” with a terry cloth and low-n-behold, the flashlight has all but completely disappeared. Even on the startup screen (where any & all picture defects can be seen) the flashlight is barely noticeable. Unbelievable, that “trick” really works!

&

Anyone else prefer the advanced picture setting - Smooth Motion Effect - ON for Gaming? It looks a little different at first but really improves the clarity and moving picture effect in games IMO. Pseudo 3D look too. I turn all advanced settings off for BluRay and HD Cable, but leave 'em on for gaming. I find it funny all these advanced features and technology to improve the picture quality in our new TV's and first thing we do is turn them all OFF tongue.gif

I hate the smoothing effect in general and accidentally had it on while playing borderlands 2 on my ps3 and loved it! It can also be pretty cool with animated movies. Hate it for everything else.
post #559 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turick View Post

I hate the smoothing effect in general and accidentally had it on while playing borderlands 2 on my ps3 and loved it! It can also be pretty cool with animated movies. Hate it for everything else.

That's funny, Borderlands 2 is the game that made me like the smoothing effect also. And Forza Horizon. Now I keep the smoothing effect on medium for all games and really like it. However, I can't seem to get my settings to save for each input. If I change setting for one input, it changes it for all inputs confused.gif Like you mentioned, I only like the effect for games, not BluRays or HD Cable.

Sony 70W830B LED TV
Xbox One & PS4
post #560 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM

I also like the smoothing on animated movies. I don't like it on anything else.

On to my original point of posting.

It amazes me the dependence of this set on the source quality. I think I said this in a previous post, but I was reminded of it last night. I caught a show on the Velocity channel (Comcast). I can't remember the name, but it was about trading things for more expensive things i.e.e start with a baseball bat and end up with a dumptruck kinda thing. I was blown away by the picture. I think most source content doesn't allow this set to shine. Maybe higher end sets have better processing that help average source quality to look great.
post #561 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiantino View Post

I also like the smoothing on animated movies. I don't like it on anything else.

On to my original point of posting.

It amazes me the dependence of this set on the source quality. I think I said this in a previous post, but I was reminded of it last night. I caught a show on the Velocity channel (Comcast). I can't remember the name, but it was about trading things for more expensive things i.e.e start with a baseball bat and end up with a dumptruck kinda thing. I was blown away by the picture. I think most source content doesn't allow this set to shine. Maybe higher end sets have better processing that help average source quality to look great.

LOL, I use Velocity to tune my picture, absolutely the best channel on cable! Hopefully, someday all of them will be that clear. biggrin.gif

post #562 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Got my set today!
It's been up and running for a few hours now.... NO issues I can see thus far!
One question concerning setup.... Does turning GAME mode on bypass the sets video processing?
I'm already sending the set a processed 1080p signal from my Denon AVR-4311CI and
probably don't need or want further video processing.... correct?

DreamCatcher

StayThristyMyFriends
post #563 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 PM

I was at Costco this afternoon (Redding, CA) and noticed this set has dropped another $30 in price. It is now $1550. They actually dropped the base price to $1919.99, with the $370 discount still good through this Sunday (Feb 3). I have only had mine for a week, but they still wanted to see the receipt to give me the price match difference.

I am very happy with the set so far. No problems that I have noticed, but it is my first large tv so I am probably not as demanding as others with more experience.

GMC
post #564 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Advanced Member

Can someone help me understand the CNet calibration settings?

I have no clue how to use this form and adjust the setting to match it.

http://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/117539057?access_key=key-149btyx131ebd4e6vfci
post #565 of 2460 Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC1 View Post

I was at Costco this afternoon (Redding, CA) and noticed this set has dropped another $30 in price. It is now $1550. They actually dropped the base price to $1919.99, with the $370 discount still good through this Sunday (Feb 3). I have only had mine for a week, but they still wanted to see the receipt to give me the price match difference.

GMC

I just bought this TV yesterday and I called today to check on the price and yep it is now $1919.99 (lowered from $1949.99) with the $370 still in play making it $1549.99!!! Plus not sure if this is true but he said the sale has extended till Feb 13th on the 370 off. and sale price.

This price is not reflected on the Costco website yet looks like but it is in store (I'm in Central California)

Looks like I need to head back to costco with my receipt tomorrow and get my $30 back!

Good lookin out bro and thanks for letting us know.

Go Get Your Receipts And Head Back To The Store For Your $30 Bucks Back Guys!
post #566 of 2460 Old 02-01-2013, 08:00 AM

Liked: 19
Question regarding the Integrated Speaker setting (ON/OFF): Is anybody able to get this option to stick at OFF? After each power cycle it sets back to ON.
Firmware 1.1.5
post #567 of 2460 Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM

Just got mine delivered this morning. Just thought I would post a pic of a comparison between a 50" and the 70"

post #568 of 2460 Old 02-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB View Post

Question regarding the Integrated Speaker setting (ON/OFF): Is anybody able to get this option to stick at OFF? After each power cycle it sets back to ON.
Firmware 1.1.5

I've turned this setting OFF and the setting has kept. Numerous power cycles and still has stayed set OFF, hasn't automatically reset to ON. (firmware 1.1.5 also) Haven't heard of this issue before either. You might need to call Vizio support?

Sony 70W830B LED TV
Xbox One & PS4
post #569 of 2460 Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poop-dog View Post

Just got mine delivered this morning. Just thought I would post a pic of a comparison between a 50" and the 70"

Nice!! I think you're going to lose some of that shelf space (behind) tongue.gif

Sony 70W830B LED TV
Xbox One & PS4
post #570 of 2460 Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoB View Post

Firmware 1.1.5
Just checked my set (FW 1.1.5) It stays off when selected. Is it possible you're in "Store Demo" mode? menu>Help>Store Demo.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page