post #631 of 2557 Old 02-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB619 View Post

How do you save settings for each input? Every time I change settings on one input, it changes them for all inputs. (I like to have different settings for each input)
Thanks in advance.

Not sure what to tell ya bro but when you change your inputs and adjust the settings they should stick for all 4 inputs (at least on HDMI inputs anyway).

I have different picture settings for all my HDMI inputs ... found a good spot for my HDMI 1 which is my Comcast TiVo HD, then HDMI 2 has different picture settings for my WD TV Live Media Player, and so on.

They should stick each time and not change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2557 Old 02-04-2013, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

I've had the Vizio for 4 days now and like it better every day. I don't know if this is possible but I almost think the electronics and the screen are seating in and the picture is getting better.

So Funny you say this .... I have had mine for 5 days and I have thought the same thing as the days have went on .... the picture seemed to just get "Better" ... I felt I saw some uniformity here in there ... a little clouding in a spot or two and some feathering at the bottom middle ... but each day I started to not see anything anymore .... And after watching Skyfall yesterday and the Super Bowl I don't see ANY of that anymore. It is weird but it almost seemed like the picture needed to just settle or something.

I am SOOO Happy with this TV over my last 70" Sharp and 65" Vizio I have tried in the last few months .... this Bad Boy Is A KEEPER!
post #633 of 2557 Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I agree with you guys. I've had mine for 6 days now, and I believe the picture has gotten better as well. At first, I wasn't completely satisfied with the blacks. I'm coming from a 58" Samsung Plasma, and I just couldn't get it to where I was satisfied with it. I downloaded, burned and ran the AVS709 disk the other day and just went through the first 2 chapters and it really helped me out on getting the black levels corrected. I like a bright and colorful picture, and here are the settings I have settled on. To me, it's perfect. I won't be touching the settings again. I'm good to go and I'm a happy camper now.

Picture mode - Custom
Backlight - 60
Brightness - 45
Contrast - 95
Color - 70
Tint - 0
Sharpness - 8

Color Temp - Custom
All set to 128

Smooth Motion Effect - High
Real Cinema - Precision
Noise Reduction - Low
MPEG NR - Low
Color Enh. - Normal
Adapt Luma - Low
Film Mofe - Auto
Backlight Control - DCR
Ambient Light Sensor - Off
ArcAngel likes this.
post #634 of 2557 Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Advanced Member

Just and FYI in case no one is aware this feature is available on this TV .....

There is Picture In Picture (PIP) built into this TV!!!

Bill875 over in the 65" Vizio thread found this with his harmony remote (it works on the 65" ... and he just ordered this 70" TV so I checked it out and it's on this TV too) ... there is no PIP button on the supplied Vizio remote so you will need a universal remote (Harmony, URC, Etc.) to obtain this function.

After I read this I went to my URC R50 remote and it had the PIP button the remotes screen ... pushed it and sure enough the black PIP box popped up ... if you push it again you can get Side-By-Side picture as well. I didn't have a PIP input button so not sure how to actually get a picture in the PIP screen yet but it looks like this hidden capability is there!

Just wanted to let owners here know this in case you we're not aware ... this may have already talked out somewhere but I didn't recall seeing this.
post #635 of 2557 Old 02-04-2013, 11:29 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconman515 View Post

Just and FYI in case no one is aware this feature is available on this TV .....

There is Picture In Picture (PIP) built into this TV!!!

Bill875 over in the 65" Vizio thread found this with his harmony remote (it works on the 65" ... and he just ordered this 70" TV so I checked it out and it's on this TV too) ... there is no PIP button on the supplied Vizio remote so you will need a universal remote (Harmony, URC, Etc.) to obtain this function.

After I read this I went to my URC R50 remote and it had the PIP button the remotes screen ... pushed it and sure enough the black PIP box popped up ... if you push it again you can get Side-By-Side picture as well. I didn't have a PIP input button so not sure how to actually get a picture in the PIP screen yet but it looks like this hidden capability is there!

Just wanted to let owners here know this in case you we're not aware ... this may have already talked out somewhere but I didn't recall seeing this.
You're correct. I brought this up in an earlier post. I ordered the RRVUR6 remote from this source: http://www.replacementremotes.com/ANDERIC/Buy-RRVUR6-Vizio-RRVUR6-TV-Remote-Control.html It has all the extra buttons you need to use PIP. You'll find that it supports freeze frame as well. Anyway, I use this remote to program my universal remote.
post #636 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Advanced Member

I figured someone had figured this out and posted it here ... sorry for the re-post .... wonder why they never advertised this option or even came out with a remote that has the PIP buttons on it? Kinda weird but I guess they had their reason.
post #637 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 188
As much as I like this TV, I am concerned about a serious flaw. I've installed hundreds of TV's over the last 20 years and the E701-A3 is the absolute worst at off axis viewing. I would love to know exactly what design technology utilized in this set allows for this situation. This is 2013 and all major manufactures have at least minimized this problem to some extent. IMO if Vizio wants to be a major player in the TV market they really need to address this glaring fault.
post #638 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

So Funny you say this .... I have had mine for 5 days and I have thought the same thing as the days have went on .... the picture seemed to just get "Better" ... I felt I saw some uniformity here in there ... a little clouding in a spot or two and some feathering at the bottom middle ... but each day I started to not see anything anymore .... And after watching Skyfall yesterday and the Super Bowl I don't see ANY of that anymore. It is weird but it almost seemed like the picture needed to just settle or something.

I am SOOO Happy with this TV over my last 70" Sharp and 65" Vizio I have tried in the last few months .... this Bad Boy Is A KEEPER!

Wow.. I thought the same thing. Very happy with this TV. The pictures seems to be improving over the last two weeks.eek.gifsmile.gif
post #639 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post

You're correct. I brought this up in an earlier post. I ordered the RRVUR6 remote from this source: http://www.replacementremotes.com/ANDERIC/Buy-RRVUR6-Vizio-RRVUR6-TV-Remote-Control.html It has all the extra buttons you need to use PIP. You'll find that it supports freeze frame as well. Anyway, I use this remote to program my universal remote.

I have a Harmony 900 remote and I used a suggestion from JohnTheDoe in an earlier post and set up a 2nd TV as a Vizio VF550M, and the PIP works great with it. I just set up the PIP buttons on the 2nd page of my softkeys (in the display) and added a PIP button and directional arrows to move the PIP around from corner to corner. Hit the PIP button once, and PIP appears in the bottom right corner, hit PIP again and it goes to side by side, hit PIP again and it goes away. Pretty sweet!

BTW...Thanks John!
post #640 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 AM

Liked: 10
looking for some feed back- just got the 70" Vizio- Replaced a Sony 42” Plasma- so I never had 1080i and when its on 1080i it looks so different (clear) to clear and I am sure everything is set right but is wanted to ask- is what seems to me like I am looking out a window watching is that the way it was intended?
post #641 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

As much as I like this TV, I am concerned about a serious flaw. I've installed hundreds of TV's over the last 20 years and the E701-A3 is the absolute worst at off axis viewing. I would love to know exactly what design technology utilized in this set allows for this situation. This is 2013 and all major manufactures have at least minimized this problem to some extent. IMO if Vizio wants to be a major player in the TV market they really need to address this glaring fault.

Every morning I watch the news while eating breakfast and I'm off axis from the TV approx 12' to the right and 7' back. Except for the colors being a little lighter, the off axis viewing for mine is fine, no complaints. Not sure if it's the panel or just personal preference but I would def notice if the image was really washed out from the angle. I had a Sony 60" (KDL60EX500) LCD before this Vizio and off angle PQ was pretty much the same.

Quote:

Same here - I really believe these TV's have a break in period and need ~ week of use to warm up and settle in. I had the 70" Sharp also and IMO, the PQ was far below this E701. Incredible TVs for a great price.

Epson HC 2000 Projector & 120" screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
PS4 GT: Ringo619
post #642 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 AM

Which Speaker bar should I get???
post #643 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

It may be my eyes, but my serial 50 seems to have much better off axis viewing. When i get right next to the side it looks like the screen is concave on this model. I wonder if that is why i seem to see an ever so slight color variation on eithe side when sitting directly in front of this set
post #644 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by iautotron View Post

WAN indicates year 2012...with 49, 50, 51, etc. indicating the production week of the year 2012.

WAP indicates year 2013...01, 02, 03, etc. indicating the week of the year 2013 in which it was produced.

So my set, WAN50, was built the second week of December 2012.

Got this from the E601i-A3 owners thread, thought I'd share it. I imagine it would be same for us and our serial numbers.

Epson HC 2000 Projector & 120" screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
PS4 GT: Ringo619
post #645 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 PM

Do you recamind getting the exstened warranty?
post #646 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 PM

So no ones uses a speaker bar? Or has an extended warranty?
post #647 of 2557 Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Get your external warranty from Costco and Vizio makes a nice speaker bar. There are so many to choose from with a wide variety of prices it really boils down to best bang for your buck. Usually you get what you pay for. The better ones are more expensive. There may even be some threads here on AVS forum in the speaker section. Pretty much anything would be better than what comes with the TV. Any TV for that matter.
post #648 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
To comment on the off axis viewing.... I didnt think it was that bad, Im going from a ccfl lcd ( samsung ln52a750 ) and the vizio is just about the same as that and im watching off axis all the time.. the colors lighten up and fade a bit, but its still completely fine to watch.. For me at least, and that was a $3000 TV.. Granted it is 4 yrs old and alot of guys are used to newer sets that have eliminated that issue, but to me the vizio isn't bad at all.
post #649 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama J View Post

I have a Harmony 900 remote and I used a suggestion from JohnTheDoe in an earlier post and set up a 2nd TV as a Vizio VF550M, and the PIP works great with it. I just set up the PIP buttons on the 2nd page of my softkeys (in the display) and added a PIP button and directional arrows to move the PIP around from corner to corner. Hit the PIP button once, and PIP appears in the bottom right corner, hit PIP again and it goes to side by side, hit PIP again and it goes away. Pretty sweet!

BTW...Thanks John!

No problem !
post #650 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 AM

Thanks Andy!
post #651 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hop1 View Post

So no ones uses a speaker bar? Or has an extended warranty?

I purchased the Vizio 5 year for $ 150.00 when I registered the TV.
Sound bars do not sound as good as my 7.1 system off Denon 5308CI with 3 powered subs.
post #652 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 PM

I bought the Vizio sound bar without sub. Much better than the tv speakers, but not going to substitute for a nice surround sound system. Well worth the $60 I spent on it. Especially if you like to listen to music through the TV.
post #653 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiantino View Post

I bought the Vizio sound bar without sub. Much better than the tv speakers, but not going to substitute for a nice surround sound system. Well worth the $60 I spent on it. Especially if you like to listen to music through the TV.

What size sound bar did you get? I think there's a 32" one and a bigger 40" one.

So just the soundbar alone is better than the tv speakers? Thats good to know. I just need to figure out if I just need the soundbar or the wireless sub also.

Thanks,

-Guru
post #654 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ListedGuru View Post

What size sound bar did you get? I think there's a 32" one and a bigger 40" one.

So just the soundbar alone is better than the tv speakers? Thats good to know. I just need to figure out if I just need the soundbar or the wireless sub also.

Thanks,

-Guru

I find for normal tv shows, etc. the sound bar is overkill. The only time I use mine is for music or popcorn worthy movies. Watching Jeopardy with some bass dialed is more bothersome than helpful but I want to hear every whoosh of the light saber when SW is going after it. YMMV.

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
post #655 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post

I find for normal tv shows, etc. the sound bar is overkill. The only time I use mine is for music or popcorn worthy movies. Watching Jeopardy with some bass dialed is more bothersome than helpful but I want to hear every whoosh of the light saber when SW is going after it. YMMV.
I don't know Richard. I suppose it depends on what you watch. We watch lots of good shows, like Bones, Castle, NCIS, NCIS LA, Two and a Half Men, Mike and Molly, Supernatural, Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, Haven, Lost Girl, Deception, The Good Wife, White Collar, Suits, Law and Order, CSI, CSI, New York, Blue Bloods, Justified, just to name a few. They are all broadcast in 5.i and sound great on my system. Not to mention sports and movies. IMO if you are not taking advantage of the sound provided for consumption by the networks then you're missing a big part of the home entertainment experience.
post #656 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

I don't know Richard. I suppose it depends on what you watch. We watch lots of good shows, like Bones, Castle, NCIS, NCIS LA, Two and a Half Men, Mike and Molly, Supernatural, Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, Haven, Lost Girl, Deception, The Good Wife, White Collar, Suits, Law and Order, CSI, CSI, New York, Blue Bloods, Justified, just to name a few. They are all broadcast in 5.i and sound great on my system. Not to mention sports and movies. IMO if you are not taking advantage of the sound provided for consumption by the networks then you're missing a big part of the home entertainment experience.

Good lord. You watch more tv in one week than I do in a year
post #657 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Yep. Being retired helps but Thank God for external hard drives.
post #658 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM

I didnt know there were multiple soundbar sizes. I think it had 200 in the part number, and 210 if it came with sub
post #659 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM

I have a full surround sound setup in the living room, but since we're talking soundbars, I have an Insignia NS-SBAR in the master bedroom and that thing sounds great. It has very clear highs and plenty of punch, music sounds great on it. Definitely a major improvement over the TV speakers, and I bought it on Ebay as a refurb for like $50 or something.
post #660 of 2557 Old 02-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thats entire list is up for debate! LOL LOL LOL tongue.gif

(minus Suits and Justified ... those are good) biggrin.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page