Forum Jump: 

post #2431 of 2458 Old 07-16-2014, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
I think you'll have to use the TV as the switcher, as you described.
There seems to be problems with the HDMI implementation on this set, with the new UI in the Q sets at least. I didn't have problems with my older P sets, but my cable box would frequently have audio syncing problems and I would have to reset the TV to get it to work again. I gave up and use Component Video in instead of HDMI to have a smooth viewing experience.
Have you checked the TV for the bright spots problem?
I was afraid of that - but whatever... I guess if that's what it takes to make things work and have it be easier on my family to control - so be it. Just seems like a waste to not be able to use the receiver HDMI inputs like I wanted. I do have a second AV receiver (different brand) and may see if using that vs. the sony makes a difference.

And no - I don't even want to look for the white spot issue. I'm really happy with the picture and the set right now - especially for the price. If I go searching, I'll be OCD on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 2458 Old 07-16-2014, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
And no - I don't even want to look for the white spot issue. I'm really happy with the picture and the set right now - especially for the price. If I go searching, I'll be OCD on it
If you get them, you won't have to go searching to find them. They are painfully obvious This isn't like looking for a stuck blue pixel or something that takes a lot of effort to find.
post #2433 of 2458 Old 07-17-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
If you get them, you won't have to go searching to find them. They are painfully obvious This isn't like looking for a stuck blue pixel or something that takes a lot of effort to find.
Yep. They may be hard to see a month in, but by 6 months your wife will notice.

xnappo
seneschal likes this.
post #2434 of 2458 Old 07-17-2014, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You can ignore them now, but they will find you later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
I was afraid of that - but whatever... I guess if that's what it takes to make things work and have it be easier on my family to control - so be it. Just seems like a waste to not be able to use the receiver HDMI inputs like I wanted. I do have a second AV receiver (different brand) and may see if using that vs. the sony makes a difference.

post #2435 of 2458 Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 AM

Liked: 1
You guys are killing my buzz
seneschal likes this.
post #2436 of 2458 Old 07-17-2014, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just to update everyone on my battle with Squaretrade. They finally refunded me my full purchase price this week. It took nearly a month, but was obviously worth it in the end. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU THE WHITE SPOTS ARE PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND THAT THEY DON'T NEED TO EVEN SEND SOMEONE TO LOOK AT IT! Insist on talking to someone above the person who tries to tell you that until they finally agree to send out a tech to confirm that it is not physical damage. After that, they then tried swapping out 2 boards, which of course did not fix the problem. They then tried to source a new panel (which are not available) before finally agreeing to just pay me, which is what I told them they'd end up doing all along. Just got a 65 Samsung H7150 and loving it!
seneschal likes this.
post #2437 of 2458 Old 07-17-2014, 03:24 PM

Liked: 0
I had squaretrade too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wope View Post
Just to update everyone on my battle with Squaretrade. They finally refunded me my full purchase price this week. It took nearly a month, but was obviously worth it in the end. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU THE WHITE SPOTS ARE PHYSICAL DAMAGE AND THAT THEY DON'T NEED TO EVEN SEND SOMEONE TO LOOK AT IT! Insist on talking to someone above the person who tries to tell you that until they finally agree to send out a tech to confirm that it is not physical damage. After that, they then tried swapping out 2 boards, which of course did not fix the problem. They then tried to source a new panel (which are not available) before finally agreeing to just pay me, which is what I told them they'd end up doing all along. Just got a 65 Samsung H7150 and loving it!
Squaretrade actually had me send them pictures of the dead pixels on my screen. I had 4 different clusters that I sent them and without hesitation they issued me a check for the purchase price. They didn't come inspect the TV and I still have it. It's very watchable but it bothers the heck out of me lol.
post #2438 of 2458 Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Alright, now that the 2014 70" M-series out time to start the process of getting a refund for my e701-a3. Is it best to email them first with some pictures or start via phone? Curious what others did?
post #2439 of 2458 Old 07-18-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
Alright, now that the 2014 70" M-series out time to start the process of getting a refund for my e701-a3. Is it best to email them first with some pictures or start via phone? Curious what others did?
It's out? What is the 2014 model number, how can I tell at the store?
post #2440 of 2458 Old 07-18-2014, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's out? What is the 2014 model number, how can I tell at the store?
Just showed up on Vizio website yesterday so probably a couple weeks before it is elsewhere....M702I-B3

http://store.vizio.com/mseries/m702ib3.html
post #2441 of 2458 Old 07-18-2014, 04:54 PM

Liked: 16
I just want to give you guys a follow up on my E Series saga. This we be my last post on this thread. I have a 2013 M Series 70",as my E Series was upgraded due to the white spot issue. I love the 3D and the picture quality of the M Series. Good luck to all who are having the white spot issue.
seneschal likes this.
post #2442 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Is the delivery company Manna? You can call ask for an after hours delivery too. They'll call Vizio and get the OK for you.

I told them after two previous swaps, I didn't want to take time off from work again so they got an OK to do it on a weeknight. Not sure if they do weekends though.
It is manna. I complained to Vizio who said they put in a note for weekend delivery. I would even be fine with nighttime delivery after 7 on a day when I get home that early. Luckily I don't think they showed up Monday 7/14, no one called me at least. However no one was home either. They didn't call this past friday either, so not sure what happened to deliver 7/21. They online tracker which is clearly not guaranteed accurate says Monday 7/21 1-5PM, so I guess I'll ask my sister to be home and try to train her on these white spots and dead pixels, as she's practically blind. If they don't come monday I guess I'll call to complain due to them not calling like they were supposed to, not scheduling for the morning like they said they'd try to do, and not replying to my email when I asked about their possible mistake and the issues it might cause for them.
post #2443 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Just showed up on Vizio website yesterday so probably a couple weeks before it is elsewhere....M702I-B3

http://store.vizio.com/mseries/m702ib3.html
Isn't that the M series though? Isn't there supposed to be an upgrade to the E series for a 2014 70" tv?
post #2444 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben7337 View Post
Isn't that the M series though? Isn't there supposed to be an upgrade to the E series for a 2014 70" tv?

Yes, that is the M-series. the 70"E is not yet out. And my experience with last years e-series will keep me away from the 2014.
post #2445 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razman View Post
I just want to give you guys a follow up on my E Series saga. This we be my last post on this thread. I have a 2013 M Series 70",as my E Series was upgraded due to the white spot issue. I love the 3D and the picture quality of the M Series. Good luck to all who are having the white spot issue.
Did you have to pay extra to Vizio to do the upgrade? They said going to the M wasn't available as an option to me, even when I offered to pay the difference. However, I'm on my fourth E set so I think I've had enough.
post #2446 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Yes, that is the M-series. the 70"E is not yet out. And my experience with last years e-series will keep me away from the 2014.
Fair enough, but why is the M series replacement being posted on the E series thread as the E series replacement? Sure the E series has issues and the new model that's not out yet may as well, but that's no reason to be claiming a whole different line is the new model for a cheaper lower end line.
post #2447 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 AM

Call Manna directly. Vizio never put through my evening request the first time, but I called Manna and they got Vizio to approve it. Then Manna's subcontractor contacted me and all was OK after that.

Quote:
It is manna. I complained to Vizio who said they put in a note for weekend delivery. I would even be fine with nighttime delivery after 7 on a day when I get home that early. Luckily I don't think they showed up Monday 7/14, no one called me at least. However no one was home either. They didn't call this past friday either, so not sure what happened to deliver 7/21. They online tracker which is clearly not guaranteed accurate says Monday 7/21 1-5PM, so I guess I'll ask my sister to be home and try to train her on these white spots and dead pixels, as she's practically blind. If they don't come monday I guess I'll call to complain due to them not calling like they were supposed to, not scheduling for the morning like they said they'd try to do, and not replying to my email when I asked about their possible mistake and the issues it might cause for them.
post #2448 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Fair enough, but why is the M series replacement being posted on the E series thread as the E series replacement? Sure the E series has issues and the new model that's not out yet may as well, but that's no reason to be claiming a whole different line is the new model for a cheaper lower end line.
Because of all the issues people have had with the e-series, and the fact the 2014 e-series is not a true 120hz panel. Therefore I feel the 2014 M series is a more fair replacement to the 2013 E series.
post #2449 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Call Manna directly. Vizio never put through my evening request the first time, but I called Manna and they got Vizio to approve it. Then Manna's subcontractor contacted me and all was OK after that.
If manna was easy to contact I would, sadly I always forget when I get home late at night, I'm not a morning person, and they are completely closed on weekends. I'm going to have to call them monday morning though to sort things out because my sister said she can't be home Monday, so there's no way anyone can be home for them to deliver.
post #2450 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
If manna was easy to contact I would, sadly I always forget when I get home late at night, I'm not a morning person, and they are completely closed on weekends. I'm going to have to call them monday morning though to sort things out because my sister said she can't be home Monday, so there's no way anyone can be home for them to deliver.
Good luck... For what it's worth, I remember Manna's dispatch center is open pretty late. I'm on the West Coast and called at 10 pm Central and someone picked up.
post #2451 of 2458 Old 07-19-2014, 11:35 AM

Liked: 16
I sent you a private message. seneschal
seneschal likes this.
post #2452 of 2458 Old 07-20-2014, 06:53 PM

Guys, Does vizio m701d-a3r also has the same issue or not?
post #2453 of 2458 Old Yesterday, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razman View Post
I sent you a private message. seneschal
Razman,
Is it something you can elaborate on? I've tried this in the past as well, to no avail. I've been watching this forum for a while hoping someone would find a solution. I have a feeling this problem affects far more than are actively posting.
post #2454 of 2458 Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfisher1111 View Post
Guys, Does vizio m701d-a3r also has the same issue or not?
Not from what I've seen, it's only the 2012 / 2013 E series 70" thst has the white spot issue
seneschal likes this.
post #2455 of 2458 Old Today, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, I started my replacement process. Tried all I could to avoid it and get a refund but even after talking with engineering they say this new TV (not recertified) will not develop the problem. So the new one will be here in a couple weeks, I told them to expect to hear back from me in a couple months asking for a refund again.
post #2456 of 2458 Old Today, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Well, I started my replacement process. Tried all I could to avoid it and get a refund but even after talking with engineering they say this new TV (not recertified) will not develop the problem. So the new one will be here in a couple weeks, I told them to expect to hear back from me in a couple months asking for a refund again.
Let us know how it works out.
I've initiated the Better Business Bureau route based on suggestions given by others, since my fourth TV set also developed the bright spots. I'll let you guys know if I succeed in getting an M set.
post #2457 of 2458 Old Today, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got my 3rd set delivered today. The first one lost all video after about 6 months and the second tv ("2014 model") developed a large white spot (14"x8")after two weeks. I asked for a refund and cited numerous online complaints of customers going through multiple sets. I was told last week by a vizio supervisor that I could request a refund after/if this second replacement tv goes bad (14 months left on costco warranty.) Im not sure if that is a new policy or not? Maybe she was just trying to shut me up, who knows. Anyway the new one seems okay after having it on for about an hour although I dont expect it to last. In the meantime does anyone have a recommendation for the picture settings? These newer models are different than my orginal and I'm having trouble getting it dialed in. Thanks
post #2458 of 2458 Old Today, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Let us know how it works out.
I've initiated the Better Business Bureau route based on suggestions given by others, since my fourth TV set also developed the bright spots. I'll let you guys know if I succeed in getting an M set.
Thanks and keep us posted. I didn't have much to stand on since I haven't even had one replacement. I did seem to get the supervisors attention and peeked his interest but it didn't seem to do much good. Time will tell.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread