Vizio E701i-A3 Owners Thread - Page 83 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2461 of 2473 Old 07-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are there owner's that do not have the white spots?

Do we know is Sharp LEDs have the same issue?

I wanted to get this TV but the spots are a deal breaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2462 of 2473 Old 07-28-2014, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post
Are there owner's that do not have the white spots?

Do we know is Sharp LEDs have the same issue?

I wanted to get this TV but the spots are a deal breaker.
I'm sure there are owners who don't see them. But I believe every panel has them. My guess is I have seen over 20 of these TVs including my own, friends' and those in stores and every single one has the problem. And yes, the same problem is reported on 70" Sharps.

I would steer clear. Maybe look at the 2014 models instead as the 70" E was just released, http://store.vizio.com/eseries/e700ib3.html
post #2463 of 2473 Old 07-28-2014, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
Good luck... For what it's worth, I remember Manna's dispatch center is open pretty late. I'm on the West Coast and called at 10 pm Central and someone picked up.
Well I managed to get in touch with Manna, they kept emailing me on Sunday about cancelled deliveries for the following Monday. I got them to agree to delivery 8-12 this Monday, only to have them change it to 3-7 when they called on Friday, and tell me it would never be able to be any other time or day of the week. I changed my schedule for them with a crazy split day, and then they called to say I needed to be home earlier because they were ahead of schedule.

All in all it was a crazy hellish process. I got the new tv and it looked fine, but I cleaned the screen off from all the smudges it had when I got home, and looked all over the screen again and it has a few bright spots. They are very light and not as obvious as my other set or as numerous, but it is always any issues that gets worse with time, so I suspect it will become more obvious over the next few weeks. Does anyone know if I should let vizio know of the issue now and try to replace again, or just wait for it to be more obvious? I'm not even sure I can capture it on camera to be honest.
seneschal likes this.
post #2464 of 2473 Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Greetings everyone, I've been following this thread since last year when I decided to bite the bullet and buy this set on sale close to black friday from Sams Club online (missed the walmart sale). The integrity of my screen has not deviated since I bought it, however there are a several noticable imperfections that are only apparent when a camera scrolls across a lighter background like a sky. A still image will show them, but it's not nearly as obvious.

Since people have had issues returning I would like to get recommendations. Primary imperfection is a large dark triangle at the top of the screen. When viewed on video these appear as if the screen has dirt/dust obscuring parts of the viewing area. A second small imperfection is in the bottom left corner as a light colored oval blob. There are other lines and imperfections across the screen that are seen in camera panning. Is there anyway to get a full refund? Should I get an extended warranty at this late date? Please see attached image.

Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/4jh23a3rv/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0458.jpg (76.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Arakkis; 07-28-2014 at 10:14 PM.
post #2465 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The issues you mentioned are not as blatant or obvious as our "bright spots" problem, it will be much harder to claim from either Vizio or an extended warranty provider. My four sets all have the problems shown in your picture, but they don't bother me nearly as much as the "bright spots" problem which are horrible.

Have you tried contacting Vizio? Chances are they will give you just the standard replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakkis View Post
Greetings everyone, I've been following this thread since last year when I decided to bite the bullet and buy this set on sale close to black friday from Sams Club online (missed the walmart sale). The integrity of my screen has not deviated since I bought it, however there are a several noticable imperfections that are only apparent when a camera scrolls across a lighter background like a sky. A still image will show them, but it's not nearly as obvious.

Since people have had issues returning I would like to get recommendations. Primary imperfection is a large dark triangle at the top of the screen. When viewed on video these appear as if the screen has dirt/dust obscuring parts of the viewing area. A second small imperfection is in the bottom left corner as a light colored oval blob. There are other lines and imperfections across the screen that are seen in camera panning. Is there anyway to get a full refund? Should I get an extended warranty at this late date? Please see attached image.

Thanks!

http://postimg.org/image/4jh23a3rv/
post #2466 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 09:54 AM

What's the thread for the 70" Sharp? Wondering how they are handling the returns/complaints compared to Vizio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
I'm sure there are owners who don't see them. But I believe every panel has them. My guess is I have seen over 20 of these TVs including my own, friends' and those in stores and every single one has the problem. And yes, the same problem is reported on 70" Sharps.

I would steer clear. Maybe look at the 2014 models instead as the 70" E was just released, http://store.vizio.com/eseries/e700ib3.html
post #2467 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
The issues you mentioned are not as blatant or obvious as our "bright spots" problem, it will be much harder to claim from either Vizio or an extended warranty provider. My four sets all have the problems shown in your picture, but they don't bother me nearly as much as the "bright spots" problem which are horrible.

Have you tried contacting Vizio? Chances are they will give you just the standard replacement.
I haven't contacted Vizio because I was unsure if it was worth the risk of returning it. Overall I am pleased with the set's picture in most scenes. I also waited hoping this defect would be solved in the production process so I could attempt to make a low risk return. It doesn't sound like that's the case though. I only have a 1 year standard warranty, so I need to make a decision relatively soon.
post #2468 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakkis View Post
I haven't contacted Vizio because I was unsure if it was worth the risk of returning it. Overall I am pleased with the set's picture in most scenes. I also waited hoping this defect would be solved in the production process so I could attempt to make a low risk return. It doesn't sound like that's the case though. I only have a 1 year standard warranty, so I need to make a decision relatively soon.
What you show seems to be ordinary lighting variations common to edge lit LCDs. No TV will be perfect, if you are happy with the picture enjoy your set.
seneschal likes this.

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
post #2469 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post
What you show seems to be ordinary lighting variations common to edge lit LCDs. No TV will be perfect, if you are happy with the picture enjoy your set.
I was afraid of that. While I am fairly satisfied with the set, in retrospect I should have paid a little more for back lit. I'm coming from a decent Hitachi 2nd gen plasma from 2007, but it was a heat/power hog and only 720P/55".

Last edited by Arakkis; 07-29-2014 at 10:54 AM.
post #2470 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
What's the thread for the 70" Sharp? Wondering how they are handling the returns/complaints compared to Vizio.
I haven't followed any threads but remember googling the issue a while back. Doing so just now did bring up an AVS thread on first hit.

white speckles on sharp 650u series tv
post #2471 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 02:45 PM

Richard is right.
You don't want to end up with a set with the bright spots problem like us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCarver View Post
post #2472 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
I haven't followed any threads but remember googling the issue a while back. Doing so just now did bring up an AVS thread on first hit.

white speckles on sharp 650u series tv
Looks like it's not as prevalent as our problem. But I'm sure Vizio sold many times more units than Sharp too.
post #2473 of 2473 Old 07-29-2014, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Looks like it's not as prevalent as our problem. But I'm sure Vizio sold many times more units than Sharp too.
I've seen a fair number of comments (some with pretty clear pictures) on The Sharp Aquos Facebook page regarding the problem--more than on Vizio's. I haven't checked in a while though so I'm not sure how many are going to be recent.

Update: July 1 seems to be the most recent report on the Sharp AQUOS Facebook page.
seneschal likes this.

Last edited by Anon314; 07-29-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page