Vizio E701i-A3 Owners Thread - Page 85 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2521 of 2524 Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
again

Vizio has informed me they are going to send out a new, not recertified set. Same model, not the 2014 model.

Awaiting a service appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2524 Old 08-16-2014, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
I specifically asked about the LCD panel on the E700i-B3 and she said, yes, it is the same exact panel manufacturer as the E701i-A3. However, given the knowledge level and training of these people who knows if she really asked the right person the right question. She said there has been no known bulletins on the bright spots problem!
She wouldn't even let me swap to the E700i-B3 anyway, she said it is a different "sub-model." They will give me a refund though, after four units swapped. Debating whether to write off the money spent on the mounting and to spend more to mount another set, ~$500 total.
I sure hope they aren't the same panels, think about the sales that Vizio will lose out on from people looking at this thread! My warranty is up in Feb. so I've got time to wait and see... except that I have to deal with a poor set all through football season!
post #2523 of 2524 Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 46
My warranty is out, and I have the spots again. Anyone have experience with getting a replacement set mid-way though the warranty, then that set getting spots and having Vizio do something?

Since it isn't visible yet from the couch (large room) - I suspect I am going to be holding on to it until it gets really bad, and then buying another NON-VIZIO set.

xnappo
post #2524 of 2524 Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nall256 View Post
I sure hope they aren't the same panels, think about the sales that Vizio will lose out on from people looking at this thread! My warranty is up in Feb. so I've got time to wait and see... except that I have to deal with a poor set all through football season!
If it helps you sleep, you can still buy a Square Trade warranty through Vizio. You must apply through Vizio's site, if you go directly to Square Trade they will tell you that it has to be purchased within 30 days of buying the tv.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page