Vizio E701i-A3 Owners Thread - Page 85 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2521 of 2534 Old 08-13-2014, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
again

Vizio has informed me they are going to send out a new, not recertified set. Same model, not the 2014 model.

Awaiting a service appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2534 Old 08-16-2014, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
I specifically asked about the LCD panel on the E700i-B3 and she said, yes, it is the same exact panel manufacturer as the E701i-A3. However, given the knowledge level and training of these people who knows if she really asked the right person the right question. She said there has been no known bulletins on the bright spots problem!
She wouldn't even let me swap to the E700i-B3 anyway, she said it is a different "sub-model." They will give me a refund though, after four units swapped. Debating whether to write off the money spent on the mounting and to spend more to mount another set, ~$500 total.
I sure hope they aren't the same panels, think about the sales that Vizio will lose out on from people looking at this thread! My warranty is up in Feb. so I've got time to wait and see... except that I have to deal with a poor set all through football season!
post #2523 of 2534 Old 08-18-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 47
My warranty is out, and I have the spots again. Anyone have experience with getting a replacement set mid-way though the warranty, then that set getting spots and having Vizio do something?

Since it isn't visible yet from the couch (large room) - I suspect I am going to be holding on to it until it gets really bad, and then buying another NON-VIZIO set.

xnappo
post #2524 of 2534 Old 08-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nall256 View Post
I sure hope they aren't the same panels, think about the sales that Vizio will lose out on from people looking at this thread! My warranty is up in Feb. so I've got time to wait and see... except that I have to deal with a poor set all through football season!
If it helps you sleep, you can still buy a Square Trade warranty through Vizio. You must apply through Vizio's site, if you go directly to Square Trade they will tell you that it has to be purchased within 30 days of buying the tv.
post #2525 of 2534 Old 08-20-2014, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Series and Panel question

I currently own a, E701i-A3 and am well aware of the white spot problem. I've owned mine for about a month with maybe 50 hours of use and have not noticed the problem yet.

My question is, I recently saw a new model, M702i-B3 at Costco (where I purchased my current TV). I'm wondering if the experts here know if the panels are the same and both may have the white spot problem or if the M serise is a completely different panel with no reports of the issue.

I know Vizio's had a M series for a while, but also do not know if that series has had the white spot issue or if the model I'm asking about has the same panels as the M series that has been out for a while.

I'm considering exchanging for the M series if the white spot risk is lower. thanks.
post #2526 of 2534 Old 08-20-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 133
There were no reports of white spots on last year's M series. The part number you mentioned is this year's M series model. It should be a good step up from last year's E series and I would do it in a heart beat.
post #2527 of 2534 Old 08-21-2014, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
There were no reports of white spots on last year's M series. The part number you mentioned is this year's M series model. It should be a good step up from last year's E series and I would do it in a heart beat.
good info. thanks. wife wants to try the E series 'B' line first due to lower cost. we'll see who wins out.
post #2528 of 2534 Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec26 View Post
good info. thanks. wife wants to try the E series 'B' line first due to lower cost. we'll see who wins out.
According to Vizio's Customer Service, the E series "B" line is manufactured by the same subcontractor as the E701i-A3 and uses the same LCD panel. So that means it would have the same problems unless they identified the problem and fixed it.
post #2529 of 2534 Old 08-25-2014, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I visited a local Costco saturday and spoke with a sales associate about the Vizio e-701. Their display had over a 100 spots and a backlight issue. He said it had been on display for about 6 months. He also stated that 90% of that model gets returned or has issues. Mgmt. has directed him to steer people from buying it do to the hassle of returning it. He said once the new model arrives Vizio will pick up all of the sets and sell them themselves. The store manager is doing everything he can to avoid the E-series. I called Dell to initiate the return. I am going to miss it a little but will not have to worry about it going shite house on me. Let the search for a new set begin.
seneschal likes this.
post #2530 of 2534 Old 08-25-2014, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
According to Vizio's Customer Service, the E series "B" line is manufactured by the same subcontractor as the E701i-A3 and uses the same LCD panel. So that means it would have the same problems unless they identified the problem and fixed it.
eek
post #2531 of 2534 Old 08-29-2014, 10:52 AM

Liked: 10
Add me to the list.

Lots of bright white spots on the bottom left to mid left side panel and a little on the lower right showed up on my Vizio E701i-A3 two weeks ago. Initially thought the kids touched the TV, or the TV was dirty, tried wiping the TV and hoping it would go away; but on close inspection, it's actually the TV and bright white spots are not going away. Searched the web and of course I couldn't be the only confused/unlucky/pissed/disappointed person. Lots of people have it...

I got it at Costco during 2012 Thanksgiving sale. Costco has 2 yr warranty. Lucky it's not 2 yrs yet; but bad TV parts on the Vizio for it to be defective so quickly. Call Costco concierge service. I told them the problem, I guess they want to go through the whole routine of tech support reset tv routine before they will acknowledge this.

I prefer to return the TV rather than having it replaced via warranty even if I don't get full price back. Why would anyone want a replacement if the same issue comes up later and go through the hassle again? Anyone had success returning it to costco or will they only offer the warranty replacement/fix? How did you go about getting the refund quickly instead of the replacements (eg. the whole process of going through the return/replacement/setup return/replacement/setup again)?

I have to put Vizio on the list of TV's not to buy in the future...

Last edited by khliang72; 08-29-2014 at 11:45 AM.
post #2532 of 2534 Old 08-29-2014, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Sorry to hear that, and welcome to the party!

The good news is that a refund is possible. The bad news is Vizio will make you jump through many hoops to get it. I was able to get to that point by complaining to the San Diego BBB, after going through four TV sets. They need "executive approval" for the refund.

But if you contact Costco they may just refund if you tell them the problem, in general their Customer Service is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khliang72 View Post
Add me to the list.

Lots of bright white spots on the bottom left to mid left side panel and a little on the lower right showed up on my Vizio E701i-A3 two weeks ago. Initially thought the kids touched the TV, or the TV was dirty, tried wiping the TV and hoping it would go away; but on close inspection, it's actually the TV and bright white spots are not going away. Searched the web and of course I couldn't be the only confused/unlucky/pissed/disappointed person. Lots of people have it...

I got it at Costco during 2012 Thanksgiving sale. Costco has 2 yr warranty. Lucky it's not 2 yrs yet; but bad TV parts on the Vizio for it to be defective so quickly. Call Costco concierge service. I told them the problem, I guess they want to go through the whole routine of tech support reset tv routine before they will acknowledge this.

I prefer to return the TV rather than having it replaced via warranty even if I don't get full price back. Why would anyone want a replacement if the same issue comes up later and go through the hassle again? Anyone had success returning it to costco or will they only offer the warranty replacement/fix? How did you go about getting the refund quickly instead of the replacements (eg. the whole process of going through the return/replacement/setup return/replacement/setup again)?

I have to put Vizio on the list of TV's not to buy in the future...
post #2533 of 2534 Old 08-29-2014, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 77
As you should know, Costco's return policy for refund is 90 days for TVs. I used that for my E701i-A3 last year as it developed the white spots after less than 2 months.

Go through the process with them. Most likely you will get a refurbished exchange unit. It will develop the same problem if it does not already have it on delivery. At least a few similar experiences here with repeated refurbs with seneschal's eventual refund. You will run out of warranty period before you get to that option. Neither Vizio or Costco will admit the problem is common even though every display model E701i-A3 I have seen has the problem. Good luck but I think you're in for trouble.

Last edited by Bill Ball; 08-29-2014 at 06:28 PM.
post #2534 of 2534 Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought mine in Feb 2013, and it's got the problem. Mine's on about 30-40 hours a week, and the spots pepper the bottom half of the screen.

I only see them if the screen uses a lot of white, which does happen every time I start my Xbox 260. It hasn't been that annoying, but I have a few months left with CostCo and I did buy the SquareTrade extended warrantee for it, as well. I suspect that I'll call up CostCo in the December time frame to see what my options are, at that point.

Funny thing is that when I bought it, I had my mind set on the Sharp 70", but when I got to the CostCo, in a side by side comparison, the Vizio TV looked much brighter and crisper, so I changed my mind and got it, instead.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page