Vizio E701i-A3 Owners Thread - Page 86 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2551 of 2556 Old 09-11-2014, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks. So mine is P02, early January 2013. Is there any indication that newer sets are less prone to the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2552 of 2556 Old 09-11-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyber View Post
kpiskin,

Ive noticed white spots on my tv (if thats what they are) but it never affected my viewing. I mean as soon as I power tv on a few white spots would appear and once the picture displays on the screen they are no longer there. Since I dont see them while watching tv programs it is no bother to me being that they just appear right before the picture displays on the screen after first powering on my tv.
Initially I only saw the spots if I walked up to the screen fairly close and I did not see them with normal viewing material on the screen, just like you. But that changed over the next month as the spots grew, became more numerous and became visible with just about any fairly light background, such as basketball flooring. And others might think this is a rare defect that a few reports here have exaggerated. Sure, that can happen on these forums, and Vizio support has inferred that the defect rate is less than 1%. The observations that bely that level of rarity include that nearly every display model seen in stores suffers noticeably from the white spot defect AND reports here of several owners receiving TWO and in some cases THREE sets in a row with the same defect. If the rate were really less than 1%, this would make these owners among the most unlucky people on earth, as the chance of getting 3 sets in a row with such a problem would be less than 1 in 1 million. Even if the rate were 10%, the chance of 3 bad sets in a row would be 1 in 1 thousand. It happened to me once. That was enough for me to exercise the Costco refund policy. Anyway, I hope the spots on your TV stay small and unnoticeable.
post #2553 of 2556 Old 09-13-2014, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd throw in my experience to this thread.
Bought one refurbished from Woot.com. I did not see any of the white spots others are describing. I did however have a bright pixel in the lower left corner. So I am returning as defective and probably going with another brand.
post #2554 of 2556 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by probinson View Post
Thanks. So mine is P02, early January 2013. Is there any indication that newer sets are less prone to the issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roaoro View Post
This was a brand new set, not that I felt any comfort knowing this, but I honestly thought it might go a little longer before getting the white spots again. My last two replacements lasted about 3 months before I noticed any white spots. Anyone considering this TV, STAY AWAY! Engineers clearly screwed up on this model. Current owners better purchase a sqaretrade warranty while/if they still can. I'ts just a matter of time before your set gets the spots...
I thought/hoped that the newer sets would be less likely to get these defective white spots... my newest set I received in July (manufactured Feb 2014) started acquiring the spots within the first month!
post #2555 of 2556 Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaoro View Post
I thought/hoped that the newer sets would be less likely to get these defective white spots... my newest set I received in July (manufactured Feb 2014) started acquiring the spots within the first month!

Well isn't that great.

I'm glad I found this thread so that I could get the SquareTrade warranty before it was too late.

Manna is supposed to be delivering my replacement set next Monday. Maybe I'll get lucky...
post #2556 of 2556 Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just to add another data point to the thread: I got my set replaced Jan of this year due to the white spot(s) issue. The replacement set was a "Q" set. To date no problems with spots. My set is typically on from around 8 am to 12 midnight 7 days a week. Note: I'm not watching it all that time, it's just on for background noise..
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page