post #2611 of 2647 Old 10-28-2014, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post
^X2. Are you still under warranty?
I'm not :/ I've had the TV for a little over a year. I'm still contacting them to see what my options are though. I've never heard of LEDs burning out and I wonder if it's a bad connection to the board or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2647 Old 10-28-2014, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Vizio is replacing my E701i-A3 with a new E700i-B3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
No, they send the Q models as replacements now. My Q model also developed the bright/white spots as well.
The question is whether the E700i-B3 has the same issues.
I tried but they wouldn't replace my Q model with a E700i-B3.
I'm replacing my second E701i-A3. My first one developed the "bright spots" issue, and my second one developed both that issue and thin, dark grey/black lines running horizontally across the entire screen (scores if not hundreds of these spaced about an inch apart, covering the screen from top to bottom). I went through the whole "send photos" process, at which point the Vizio tech said that they'd send me a completely new E700i-B3 (she also mentioned that the first replacement I'd been sent was reconditioned).

Fortunately, I'm paranoid about big TVs so I bought the SquareTrade warranty even though I didn't know how common the "bright spots" issue is; unless I get lucky, it sounds like I'll use this TV until it develops bright spots and then get a refund.

For a company that mentions their "Zero Bright Pixel Guarantee" in the User Manuals for their TVs, Vizio has totally screwed the pooch with these E-series sets. If my 3rd set has issues and I can get a full refund, I'll almost certainly bite the bullet and pay more for a Sammy or Sony instead of buying a new Vizio.

-PolarWeasel
post #2613 of 2647 Old 10-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 61
All considered Vizio has been pretty good about this. I recall someone in a different thread commenting that samsung wouldn't do anything about a white spot or pixel (forget which it was) unless it was noticable on a black screen. Vizios policy is zero white pixels and they've honored that well so I wouldn't hesitate buying them again
post #2614 of 2647 Old 10-29-2014, 05:32 AM

You make a good point

Quote:
All considered Vizio has been pretty good about this. I recall someone in a different thread commenting that samsung wouldn't do anything about a white spot or pixel (forget which it was) unless it was noticable on a black screen. Vizios policy is zero white pixels and they've honored that well so I wouldn't hesitate buying them again
That's fair; to clarify, I can't fault their response to the problem -- but I do fault them because the problem exists in the first place. Perhaps this is an example of "you get what you pay for", as I chose the Vizio because it was the least expensive 70"-class television at Costco, but perhaps Vizio should charge a bit more for their sets, invest that money in quality control, and mitigate the need for customers to keep replacing sets.

Also, aside from the bright spots and dark lines, I've been very happy with the set ("Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the show?"). Hopefully the new A700i-B3 won't have any problems.

-PolarWeasel
seneschal likes this.
post #2615 of 2647 Old 10-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member

They use Sharp panels in this set,so given that, I have heard that Sharp 70" sets have the same issue. It's possible that on Vizio's end they have a small percentage of complaints overall because a lot of people probably don't notice the spots at least until it's too late. So they sell a few hundred thousand sets and have afew hundred complaints so they don't have a recall, they just replace the bad ones
seneschal likes this.
post #2616 of 2647 Old 10-29-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
They use Sharp panels in this set,so given that, I have heard that Sharp 70" sets have the same issue. It's possible that on Vizio's end they have a small percentage of complaints overall because a lot of people probably don't notice the spots at least until it's too late. So they sell a few hundred thousand sets and have afew hundred complaints so they don't have a recall, they just replace the bad ones
We have two 70" Sharp's at work, both with the white spot problems.
seneschal likes this.
post #2617 of 2647 Old 10-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
We have two 70" Sharp's at work, both with the white spot problems.
Just curious, has anyone contacted sharp about the spots & if so, what was their response?
post #2618 of 2647 Old 10-29-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Just curious, has anyone contacted sharp about the spots & if so, what was their response?
Nope, no one has.
post #2619 of 2647 Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 AM

Replacement Set Ordered

Bought the E701i-A3 in February for a Super Bowl party. Started seeing a single bright white spot in June. Now I have 3-4 in both lower corners of the unit. I opened a case with Vizio on Monday, uploaded pictures on Wednesday, and got a return order scheduled today. They are sending me a E700i-B3. Not sure how I feel about the "artificial" 120 Hz refresh rate. I'll save my judgement for after the set is installed, and I see how it looks. I was pleased with the ease of the process. I did take the service rep up on the offer for a SquareTrade extended warranty, after reading other posts on this forum. I'll update my post once Manna brings the new set in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1821.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	342713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1820.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	342721  
seneschal likes this.
post #2620 of 2647 Old 11-05-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by funngo View Post
Bought the E701i-A3 in February for a Super Bowl party. Started seeing a single bright white spot in June. Now I have 3-4 in both lower corners of the unit. I opened a case with Vizio on Monday, uploaded pictures on Wednesday, and got a return order scheduled today. They are sending me a E700i-B3. Not sure how I feel about the "artificial" 120 Hz refresh rate. I'll save my judgement for after the set is installed, and I see how it looks. I was pleased with the ease of the process. I did take the service rep up on the offer for a SquareTrade extended warranty, after reading other posts on this forum. I'll update my post once Manna brings the new set in.
Let us know if you get the bright white spots with the E700i-B3 too.
post #2621 of 2647 Old 11-11-2014, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here are the bright pixels on my unit. What a crappy TV.

Vizio is replacing it with a refurbished e700-b3.
post #2622 of 2647 Old 11-11-2014, 07:07 PM

Liked: 16
I'm getting mine replaced with a B3 too. Kudos to Vizio for standing behind their product, the replacement process has been relatively painless so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
post #2623 of 2647 Old 11-11-2014, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
B3

I'm already on my 3rd TV, all three developed white spots. The first had the added bonus of a backlight going out as well. Anyways, I called Vizio to get yet another replacement a week ago and they will be sending the 700i-B3. Which I was stoked about, hoping that the white spot problem had been fixed for this model. Now I'm just waiting for Manna to contact me to schedule a delivery. With my new found optimism I went out over the weekend and found this model on display at a Target and Walmart and unfortunately both displays had white spots. So, my optimism for getting a reliable set had quickly diminished. My only hope is that maybe these stores didn't take down their 701i-A3 displays, but I'm doubtful that both stores would keep last years display up this long.

Any comments from anyone who has received a 700i-B3?
post #2624 of 2647 Old 11-15-2014, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
BB has this set on sale for $1199. A wise man once told me, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". A 70" TV for $1200 does seem too good to be true. What are the overall impressions for this TV? It seems like some of them do have issues, and are getting replaced with the 700i-B3? I would be using it for mostly gaming on my PS4, and watching sports.
post #2625 of 2647 Old 11-15-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post
BB has this set on sale for $1199. A wise man once told me, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". A 70" TV for $1200 does seem too good to be true. What are the overall impressions for this TV? It seems like some of them do have issues, and are getting replaced with the 700i-B3? I would be using it for mostly gaming on my PS4, and watching sports.
If you don't mind white spots developing all over the set then go ahead. So in other words stay away. Spend a few hundred more and get the new model that hopefully doesn't have the same problem.
post #2626 of 2647 Old 11-15-2014, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I was going to take a shot with the TV, because my son works at BB, and with his discount, I could have got the TV, and a 5 year extended warranty, for $1270 out the door. We put the TV in the cart online, and it seems to be sold out. Thanks for the input though.
post #2627 of 2647 Old 11-16-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post
I was going to take a shot with the TV, because my son works at BB, and with his discount, I could have got the TV, and a 5 year extended warranty, for $1270 out the door. We put the TV in the cart online, and it seems to be sold out. Thanks for the input though.
Try the 65" Vizio for walmart on black friday. It's full array backlit and should be better. There's no reviews for the model yet, but you can always return it, ant at $648 it's a way better deal, and I'm personally hoping it doesn't develop any issues like the 70" vizio panels all seem to.
post #2628 of 2647 Old 11-16-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subrock View Post
I'm already on my 3rd TV, all three developed white spots. The first had the added bonus of a backlight going out as well. Anyways, I called Vizio to get yet another replacement a week ago and they will be sending the 700i-B3. Which I was stoked about, hoping that the white spot problem had been fixed for this model. Now I'm just waiting for Manna to contact me to schedule a delivery. With my new found optimism I went out over the weekend and found this model on display at a Target and Walmart and unfortunately both displays had white spots. So, my optimism for getting a reliable set had quickly diminished. My only hope is that maybe these stores didn't take down their 701i-A3 displays, but I'm doubtful that both stores would keep last years display up this long.

Any comments from anyone who has received a 700i-B3?

I'd like to know too. Had my 70" replaced once thus far, and the new tv is developing spots too. Started as 2, now there's a lot more. Finally confident it's bad enough to get on camera, but the warranty runs out in a couple weeks. Not sure I'd get the new 70" or that it would not have this issue sadly. Considering giving it a try. If the 2nd replacement tv doesn't work or has that issue though, I think I'll call it quits and just see if discover's 1 yr warranty extension will pay me out for the cost of the tv, and go with something else. Thinking of getting the 50" $218 tv at walmart and the $648 65" vizio and seeing if either one of those fit my needs as temporary solutions too.
post #2629 of 2647 Old 11-16-2014, 06:00 PM

quick followup, i finally got in touch with vizio about white spot problem. This will be my 2nd replacement. Frankly I am not interested in a replacement, would just like my money back. Unfortunately, it looks like you do get what you pay for.
post #2630 of 2647 Old 11-16-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollofrito22 View Post
quick followup, i finally got in touch with vizio about white spot problem. This will be my 2nd replacement. Frankly I am not interested in a replacement, would just like my money back. Unfortunately, it looks like you do get what you pay for.
I hear ya, right now I'm deciding between seeing if discover will just refund me the purchase price when the warranty ends in a couple weeks, or selling the tv for $850 on craigslist and cutting my losses (was only $998+tax on black friday). I really don't want to go through the replacement again, it took over a month last time because the delivery company kept lying about their availability, in the end I found they could only deliver mondays in the afternoon to me, and they expect me to follow their random ass schedule. They literally called me at work and said the truck would be there in 30 mins so I had to get home asap. It was not a fun experience.
post #2631 of 2647 Old 11-17-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
My white spots are getting laughably bad now. Out of warranty for 3 months on my replacement set.

I was hoping it would last until a good OLED was available - but that might not happen.

Is it even worth my time to call?

xnappo
post #2632 of 2647 Old 11-17-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
My white spots are getting laughably bad now. Out of warranty for 3 months on my replacement set.

I was hoping it would last until a good OLED was available - but that might not happen.

Is it even worth my time to call?

xnappo
I definitely would call. They seem to be pretty good about this issue while at the same time not really acknowledging it. I'm not sure if I was harder on them or what but after my first replacement developed the same problem I was able to get a refund....actually waiting for it now. It was just approved last week and said I should have the check within a couple weeks.
post #2633 of 2647 Old 11-17-2014, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
I definitely would call. They seem to be pretty good about this issue while at the same time not really acknowledging it. I'm not sure if I was harder on them or what but after my first replacement developed the same problem I was able to get a refund....actually waiting for it now. It was just approved last week and said I should have the check within a couple weeks.
My 2014 Q E701i-A3 (fourth TV, third replacement) developed one large bright/white spot after about two months. I asked Vizio to replace with an M model a couple months ago but they refused. They did offer to give me back my money after I complained to BBB. But I didn't want to go through all of the hassle of buying another mount and have it installed.

Well, after a couple more month I now have about 5 large bright spots in the lower half of the screen. They are very obvious and show up any time you have a bright image on TV. I saw that many posters were able to get the E700i-B3 so I called Vizio last week and got a Manager to approve a "one-time only" replacement.

Now I'm waiting for Manna to show up with this new unit, and crossing my figures that the white/bright spots problem will be in my rearview mirror from now on! Hopefully the fifth is the charm!
post #2634 of 2647 Old 11-19-2014, 08:13 AM

Liked: 14
what to do?

Well I noticed the white spots earlier in the year but I travel quite a bit for work so the tv actually gets very little use. Now that its the time of the year that my travel lightens up, these white spots are very annoying. I have 50+ spots mostly at the bottom of the screen! I bought the set last year at Best Buy. Who should I contact for this issue, Vizio or Best Buy? Im not interested in a replacement if this is a widespread issue.

PSN: AWDdsm
XBL: ORDEProject
post #2635 of 2647 Old 11-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

If you are stil under the 1 year mark go to vizios site and get a square trade warranty through them ( don't go directly to sqare trade, they have a 1 month after purchase deadline but Vizio has a special deal with them). I applied for service through Square trade & the hqad me send pictures. They said it was unrepairable and sent me a check for my 1550 purchase price. They also said it's not worth shipping the tv to them so they let me keep it.
post #2636 of 2647 Old 11-19-2014, 05:15 PM

Today, I found white spots on my E701-A3. This is my second E701-A3 with this problem. Vizio replaced my original set back in May 2014. So, it took 6 months for the spots to show up in the second set.

I called Vizio, opened a case, and uploaded the photos. I received an email back about an hour after uploading asking me to call them. I did. They are replacing the set again. I asked for the model number of the replacement set. He said it is an E700i-B3. I hope this is a good thing. Does anyone here know if this model has the same "white spot" panels as the E701-A3? Thanks.
post #2637 of 2647 Old 11-19-2014, 10:33 PM

I had the white spot problem with my E701i-A3 and Vizio replaced it with another E701i-A3. The second TV had the updated menu/video settings, however, it began to develop the white spot issue as well. I was able to get pictures of the spots again, and this time they sent out a E700i-B3. I have had it for about a week now, and I can honestly say that I have been loving it!

Yesterday I did a very thorough search for any white spots, but I was unable to see any. I've only had it for a short time, but I will be checking regularly to see if any begin to develop.

I was having dubbing (lip-sync) issues, which may be due to having my DVR, Blu-Ray, etc., routed through my receiver. To fix this, I used the preset picture mode "Game" as a starting point, and I customized my settings from there. I no longer have the dubbing (lip-sync) issue anymore.

Right now I'm very happy with the TV.
post #2638 of 2647 Old 11-20-2014, 02:14 AM

Time will tell

From my personal experience with two E701i-A3 sets and from what I've read here, it typically takes about 5 months or so for the white spots to develop. In my case it took 6 months. I have not been able to find anything online regarding the white spots on the E700i-B3, so I think that's a good thing, but I don't think the E700i-B3 was released until June 2014 (not sure). Time will tell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
post #2639 of 2647 Old 11-20-2014, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeken View Post
From my personal experience with two E701i-A3 sets and from what I've read here, it typically takes about 5 months or so for the white spots to develop. In my case it took 6 months. I have not been able to find anything online regarding the white spots on the E700i-B3, so I think that's a good thing, but I don't think the E700i-B3 was released until June 2014 (not sure). Time will tell. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I think it depends on the amount of usage. My first one took about 4-5 months. Second one I left on for a good 8 hours a day and they showed up within a month.

I thought I read in this thread of maybed the E700 thread that one user had the spots too.
post #2640 of 2647 Old 11-20-2014, 07:17 PM

I received my replacement E700i-B3 today. I am happy to report this is clearly a better TV than the E701i.

Positives:

* The bezel is slightly smaller
* Overall improved picture, deeper blacks, better contrast
* Menu switching and overall operation - seems to have a faster processor
* Smart apps are actually quick enough to use (for example the Netflix app is now natively usable).

Negatives:

- Remote no longer has a keyboard on the back.
- There are no physical buttons externally (at least, haven't found em!) ... this really isn't a negative for me since I have little kids

Overall I am pleased now with Vizio's service. Keeping my fingers crossed that this unit does not develop issues. The one I received looks brand new, not even sure if it was/is a refurb or not (came in a retail sealed box).

Hope this helps others... let me know if you have questions.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page