Forum Jump: 

post #2641 of 2660 Old 11-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCard View Post
I received my replacement E700i-B3 today. I am happy to report this is clearly a better TV than the E701i.

Positives:

* The bezel is slightly smaller
* Overall improved picture, deeper blacks, better contrast
* Menu switching and overall operation - seems to have a faster processor
* Smart apps are actually quick enough to use (for example the Netflix app is now natively usable).

Negatives:

- Remote no longer has a keyboard on the back.
- There are no physical buttons externally (at least, haven't found em!) ... this really isn't a negative for me since I have little kids

Overall I am pleased now with Vizio's service. Keeping my fingers crossed that this unit does not develop issues. The one I received looks brand new, not even sure if it was/is a refurb or not (came in a retail sealed box).

Hope this helps others... let me know if you have questions.
Check your user manual. There is a power button lower left corner in rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2642 of 2660 Old 11-20-2014, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Check your user manual. There is a power button lower left corner in rear.
Should have clarified. Power button, yes, but input / volume / channel change, no. The 701 did have these.
post #2643 of 2660 Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCard View Post
Should have clarified. Power button, yes, but input / volume / channel change, no. The 701 did have these.
Not to split hairs but according to manual the power button also functions as a input selector
post #2644 of 2660 Old 11-21-2014, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Received my refund check today. So it sucked to have to go through the replacement process knowing the white spots would eventually show up again, in the end Vizio was pretty good about it and refunded my money.
post #2645 of 2660 Old 11-21-2014, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ARC question

HI All, just go this set from Costco. It was a display that they had on sale for $699, and I couldn't pass it up. It looks great right now, but I don't know how long it was on display.

But my question is, I have this connected through ARC to the Panasonic bluray Home Theater. Previous this was connected to a Panny ST58 and all worked fine.

It actually works fine with the Vizio, but it sometimes takes 2 minutes to engage the audio of the Panasonic Home Theater. And while it is "connecting" the TV is frozen with the status bar at the top.

Any thoughts as to what setting I may need to tweak to encourage it to engage with the Panasonic Home Theater over the ARC?

Thanks in advance!!!
post #2646 of 2660 Old 11-22-2014, 07:54 AM

Liked: 0
I've been following this thread for months and registered today just to update you on my experience. I'm on my 3rd Vizio 70". Two E701i-A3's and one E709i-B3 that I received about 1 month ago. The A3's both developed the white spots discussed here and Vizio swapped them for the B3. Other than it not being native 120Hz, I've been happy with this unit until this morning where I noticed a white spot on a dark background. This doesn't appear to be the same white spots that plagued the A3 because I saw those regardless of what the background color was. Regardless, I plan on speaking to Vizio about what my options are. Here is a picture I just took of the spot. Forgive the flash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141122_082520.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	379754  
post #2647 of 2660 Old 11-22-2014, 07:58 AM

Liked: 0
Edit: E700i-B3, not E709i.
post #2648 of 2660 Old 11-23-2014, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Finally called Vizio, few days before the warranty expires, getting a new 700i-B3, however it seems they aren't using Manna this time though, some repair and replacement company, which seems a bit strange. I may call back just to confirm I have everything in order.

Edit: Called back, the woman on the phone was sneaky and was sending me a recertified tv, got that sorted out and getting a new one now, as I was originally promised on my first call. Both the recert and the new one were going to be 700i-b3's though. I just want to have a new tv in case it does have some issue or quality problem that bothers me, it will be easier to sell and get rid of if it comes down to that.

Last edited by ben7337; 11-23-2014 at 02:58 PM.
post #2649 of 2660 Old 11-23-2014, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
Received my refund check today. So it sucked to have to go through the replacement process knowing the white spots would eventually show up again, in the end Vizio was pretty good about it and refunded my money.
what did you do or say exactly? I sent then my pics last sunday, have been too busy to call them back, they did ask me to. I want a refund. What did you say/do?
post #2650 of 2660 Old 11-23-2014, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollofrito22 View Post
what did you do or say exactly? I sent then my pics last sunday, have been too busy to call them back, they did ask me to. I want a refund. What did you say/do?
I was very firm even on my first call that this problem is very wide spread, more so than they think. I sighted all the multiple replacements in this thread and the fact I had personally seen over 10 sets with the problem in stores. I asked to speak to a manager as well. I said fine, I'll accept ONE replacement but guaranteed I'd be calling back within 3 months with the same problem and when that happened I would want my refund. They agreed.
post #2651 of 2660 Old 11-23-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I was very firm even on my first call that this problem is very wide spread, more so than they think. I sighted all the multiple replacements in this thread and the fact I had personally seen over 10 sets with the problem in stores. I asked to speak to a manager as well. I said fine, I'll accept ONE replacement but guaranteed I'd be calling back within 3 months with the same problem and when that happened I would want my refund. They agreed.
so Vizio themselves cut you the refund?
post #2652 of 2660 Old 11-23-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
so Vizio themselves cut you the refund?
Correct. They sent me a box to package it up, scheduled a pickup and about 3 weeks later I got my check for the original purchase price.
post #2653 of 2660 Old 11-24-2014, 03:49 PM

So best buy geek squad tech came out. He said the spots were screen damage and he was not sure that the warranty would cover this! He was waiting to hear back from his manager to determine the fate of my tv. What can I do if they decline my claim?
post #2654 of 2660 Old 11-24-2014, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neemo6 View Post
So best buy geek squad tech came out. He said the spots were screen damage and he was not sure that the warranty would cover this! He was waiting to hear back from his manager to determine the fate of my tv. What can I do if they decline my claim?
LOL, it is not screen damage. Point them to this thread. There was another poster a while back where that was the initial response too.
post #2655 of 2660 Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Guys I bought 3 years warranty with Sam's club, should i just return the TV and get a refund or go with the exchange process again with Vizio?

Just when i started to love this TV.

This would be the second TV..
post #2656 of 2660 Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
Guys I bought 3 years warranty with Sam's club, should i just return the TV and get a refund or go with the exchange process again with Vizio?

Just when i started to love this TV.

This would be the second TV..
I would get the refund and avoid being put in the "fooled me twice" situation. Plus, assuming you had paid around $1500, you can pick up a 75 inch Samsung for an additional $500 at BB this weekend.

I've been sitting with the white spots problem for at least 5-6 months now, having purchased the set from Amazon in January 2013. It's hard to keep track going through the thread -- how many have successfully obtained a replacement or refund from Vizio even though they were out of warranty? And if they replaced it, did they unmount the old and remount the new? An IKEA guy mounted mine in a massive wall unit assembly we bought, and I can't even see exactly how it's mounted.
post #2657 of 2660 Old Yesterday, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasW View Post
I would get the refund and avoid being put in the "fooled me twice" situation. Plus, assuming you had paid around $1500, you can pick up a 75 inch Samsung for an additional $500 at BB this weekend.

I've been sitting with the white spots problem for at least 5-6 months now, having purchased the set from Amazon in January 2013. It's hard to keep track going through the thread -- how many have successfully obtained a replacement or refund from Vizio even though they were out of warranty? And if they replaced it, did they unmount the old and remount the new? An IKEA guy mounted mine in a massive wall unit assembly we bought, and I can't even see exactly how it's mounted.
Thanks for your advice!
post #2658 of 2660 Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Correct. They sent me a box to package it up, scheduled a pickup and about 3 weeks later I got my check for the original purchase price.
So I just spoke with Vizio, i told them i wanted a refund, they said no (well the 1st level service rep said no). She said I would be getting an e700i-b3 and that it was a BETTER tv. I brought up the refresh rate, and she insisted it was the same. I didnt feel like arguing with the rep as I was tired and ambushed by the call. She said if I want a refund, to bring it up with Costco. I'm calling Costco Friday, to see what will transpire.
post #2659 of 2660 Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So I just spoke with Vizio, i told them i wanted a refund, they said no (well the 1st level service rep said no). She said I would be getting an e700i-b3 and that it was a BETTER tv. I brought up the refresh rate, and she insisted it was the same. I didnt feel like arguing with the rep as I was tired and ambushed by the call. She said if I want a refund, to bring it up with Costco. I'm calling Costco Friday, to see what will transpire.
I don't think the first level service report can offer a refund. Need to talk with a supervisor. That is what I had to do and we came to the agreement that if my replacement also developed the problem then I would get a refund. The new E is better in some ways and worse in others.
post #2660 of 2660 Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM

Liked: 16
Well after waiting for 2+ weeks for my replacement TV (E700i-B3) to be sent across the country, it arrived with a smashed screen. Nice job Manna

Now the clock resets for another 2+ weeks.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page