Vizio E701i-A3 Owners Thread - Page 91 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #2701 of 2744 Old 01-14-2015, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for your input. Please see my reply to Fucco.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2744 Old 01-14-2015, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I am an A3 owner for the time being. I had bought my first A3 Black Friday 2013, and it developed the white spots after only a month. Called Vizio, they were great, swapped out the bad one for a new A3, but supposedly a later revision that should be ok. And it was, up until a couple of weeks ago, when the spots reared their head again. Called Vizio again, and they wanted me to send them pics again. Called back tonight to follow up. Surprise, I am past my warranty period by like 6 days from when I received the replacement. After putting me on hold for an agonizingly long time trying to make a decision on what they would or wouldn't do, the rep came back and told me that because of having this problem before, they were going to make an exception and send me a brand new B3. And I can buy an extended warranty for it, which I am going to do after it arrives. 3 years for $89, 4 for $119, or 5 for $149. Worth it to not have to worry if this one craps out too. I told the rep that based on them being willing to help me, I was going to return the favor and post my positive account of their service for me, to offset a lot of bad reviews I have read about them, and that's what this is. I am ecstatic, and wish any of the rest of you good luck if you have to attempt getting an out of warranty replacement.
post #2703 of 2744 Old 01-15-2015, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Is it so bad that you could post a screenshot and we could see it?

It sounds like something is wrong.
post #2704 of 2744 Old 01-15-2015, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Lubmo,
Good luck with the new set. The Square Trade warranties are great. I had on on my e701i-a3 and when my 3rd set got spots they refunded my whole purchase price and said to keep the tv too, so I have a free 70" tv with a few spots.
post #2705 of 2744 Old 01-15-2015, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, if I had enough sense to get the Square Trade warranty the first time, then getting to keep the set to put in the family room would of been nice. Well, up until the point that there were so many white spots that it would be like watching a snow globe. As far as pics, I do have some I can post, but they are not as easy to see as in person, and I just assumed plenty of users have posted them here in the past (didn't go very far back in the thread).
post #2706 of 2744 Old 01-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

2 of my previous tv's had the spots really bad, this one has 5 that are real close to the bottom so I don't mind them so much at this point.
post #2707 of 2744 Old 01-18-2015, 06:55 PM

Pictures to show the pixelation/graininess I have complained about

This is a follow-up to my earlier post about the graininess of the Vizio b3 replacement they have sent me. Since someone asked for pictures, here are some. Can anyone think of any settings that might lead to this? I have replaced all the cables just in case with no change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0502.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	486826   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0506.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	486834   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0508.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	486842  
post #2708 of 2744 Old 01-19-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hawk View Post
This is a follow-up to my earlier post about the graininess of the Vizio b3 replacement they have sent me. Since someone asked for pictures, here are some. Can anyone think of any settings that might lead to this? I have replaced all the cables just in case with no change.
I have it figured out now. It was the sharpness. It has to be turned down all the way to zero. I have no idea why they ship them with such factory settings when they're so terrible. And nowhere in their support/documentation mention how much of an impact this one setting has.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
post #2709 of 2744 Old 01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hawk View Post
I have it figured out now. It was the sharpness. It has to be turned down all the way to zero. I have no idea why they ship them with such factory settings when they're so terrible. And nowhere in their support/documentation mention how much of an impact this one setting has.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.
Hi Ron,

Those definitely look bad. What is the source? DVR/BluRay/Dish?
post #2710 of 2744 Old 01-24-2015, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So I FINALLY got my replacement e700i-b3. Mana was an effin disaster yesterday. My tv is wall mounted. Less than 5' high. These clowns REFUSED to remove the old tv or mount the new one. I'm telling the guy, how the eff am I supposed to take the old tv off the wall alone? He's like we're not responsible if it breaks, I'm like its already junk, i dont care if it breaks! Finally after 5 min of arguing with the guys one of them helped me take down the old one, and i simply had them remove the new one from the box and mount in with th base on the floor. Visio blows, mana blows. Took almost 2 months to get a replacement.
post #2711 of 2744 Old 01-24-2015, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollofrito22 View Post
So I FINALLY got my replacement e700i-b3. Mana was an effin disaster yesterday. My tv is wall mounted. Less than 5' high. These clowns REFUSED to remove the old tv or mount the new one. I'm telling the guy, how the eff am I supposed to take the old tv off the wall alone? He's like we're not responsible if it breaks, I'm like its already junk, i dont care if it breaks! Finally after 5 min of arguing with the guys one of them helped me take down the old one, and i simply had them remove the new one from the box and mount in with th base on the floor. Visio blows, mana blows. Took almost 2 months to get a replacement.
I got you beat. I had 2 vizio tv delivered by manna both horrible. In December they never called or emailed they just showed up with the new set. Then the guy puts the new 70 in tv in my kitchen goes back to his truck and drives off. Never saw him again. It took 4 calls to vizio and 6 calls to manna to get the old unit picked up. When they did get it they just showed up one day out of the blue to get it, 2 weeks later. The entire work order had on it they were to take the old unit and come with a 2 man team. Both deliveries one back in August and the past December one only came with 1 person from manna. Manna is the worst company I have ever delt with.
post #2712 of 2744 Old 01-26-2015, 12:25 PM

Liked: 13
My a3 is continuing to shut down and have to be hard reset with a power plug pull. After that I get the loud POP when power is applied.

I called Vizio due to the warranty (Feb. 2013- Costco) about to expire and was offered the b3 after a few questions and it was determined no parts are available for my issue. The rep mentioned no VGA on the b3 and that's a no go for me. The rep then mentioned that they would apply for a replacement equivalent exception which takes up to 72 hours.

Does anyone know what the possibilities are? I went through Vizios entire lineup and I don't see a VGA on any of the current TV's.
post #2713 of 2744 Old 01-26-2015, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Well, I finally got some white spots after two years. I bought this set in January of '13 and it has been trouble free. After reading about the spots I checked my panel on the test screen someone posted and there are 15 or so very small ones and a grouping of 3 or 4 slightly larger ones on the lower left . None of these are visible under normal use so I'm not going to obsess over it. I have no idea how long they've been there. It's an extremely good set and if I can get another year or two out of it I'll spring for an M or P.

I never thought I'd say this but I don't think I'll go larger than 70. I sit about 9 ft away and the 70 is an immersive experience but I think an 80 would make me have to move my head!

LR: Vizio E701i-A3, Vizio VSB207 sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3.

BR: Vizio E601i-A3, Sharp (disc.) sound bar, Sony BD390 BR, Roku 3
post #2714 of 2744 Old 01-27-2015, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfxr27 View Post
Does anyone know what the possibilities are? I went through Vizios entire lineup and I don't see a VGA on any of the current TV's.
Well you have two choices:

1. Try to get your money back and buy another brand
2. Buy a VGA->HDMI adapter. They are really not expensive: http://www.amazon.com/IO-Crest-Conve...ds=vga+to+hdmi

I would definitely recommend AGAINST getting another A3.

xnappo

Last edited by xnappo; 01-27-2015 at 07:44 AM.
post #2715 of 2744 Old 01-27-2015, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUCCO View Post
I got you beat. I had 2 vizio tv delivered by manna both horrible. In December they never called or emailed they just showed up with the new set. Then the guy puts the new 70 in tv in my kitchen goes back to his truck and drives off. Never saw him again. It took 4 calls to vizio and 6 calls to manna to get the old unit picked up. When they did get it they just showed up one day out of the blue to get it, 2 weeks later. The entire work order had on it they were to take the old unit and come with a 2 man team. Both deliveries one back in August and the past December one only came with 1 person from manna. Manna is the worst company I have ever delt with.
Yep - Manna was HORRIBLE. My parents were in town for two weeks, and 3 of the days they were here I was sitting around all day waiting for freakin' Manna. Their hold times were 1.5 hours, and I got disconnected twice. They had a 'call back' feature, but hung up after 2.5 rings. It took four scheduled appointments for them to actually show up, and that after a LOT of complaining on my part.

That said - the sub-con delivery guys were nice and helped me get it back on the wall. From talking to them, some people are very rude about it and don't offer to help. I knew how to get it off the wall and helped them lift it up there. My advice when approaching this is to say 'can you help me put it back up there' not 'can you put it back up there'.

xnappo
post #2716 of 2744 Old 01-27-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnappo View Post
Well you have two choices:

1. Try to get your money back and buy another brand
2. Buy a VGA->HDMI adapter. They are really not expensive: http://www.amazon.com/IO-Crest-Conve...ds=vga+to+hdmi

I would definitely recommend AGAINST getting another A3.

xnappo
Sorry I wasn't more clear, I was curious what Vizio would come back and offer to replace my A3 if none of their tv's have VGA now.
post #2717 of 2744 Old 01-27-2015, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry I wasn't more clear, I was curious what Vizio would come back and offer to replace my A3 if none of their tv's have VGA now.
Yeah, and my concern is they will offer you a refurb A3 that will almost certainly develop white spots.
post #2718 of 2744 Old 01-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollofrito22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FUCCO View Post
That sucks, I had 2 replacements by them and they were great. all helped me get it off the wall and put them back on the wall. I remember one of the crews saying they weren't supposed to do that and they were to call and request permission but they said by the time they did all of that they would be done so they just do it. My only complaint with Manna is when you call them & they put you on hold, the music they play will cause you to have convulsions
xnappo likes this.

Last edited by indept; 01-27-2015 at 08:45 PM.
post #2719 of 2744 Old 01-28-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Yeah, and my concern is they will offer you a refurb A3 that will almost certainly develop white spots.
It seems ove the last couple months that people have been offered the 2014 models. My guess is these crappy A3's are finally out of the supply chain.
post #2720 of 2744 Old 01-28-2015, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetimeguy View Post
It seems ove the last couple months that people have been offered the 2014 models. My guess is these crappy A3's are finally out of the supply chain.
I agree - but he is tempting fate by complaining about the VGA - he REALLY doesn't want them to find a refurb A3 sitting in the corner. He should just call them back, tell them he'll take B3, and buy an adapter.

IMHO of course.
post #2721 of 2744 Old 02-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Well lookie there. They "scrounged" and found me an A3. NO THANKS!

Negotiated a refund. Supervisor called me back two days later and revoked the refund offer. Again offered "only" the A3 refurb. That's all they could offer.

Tried back a couple of days later and just asked for a B3. They obliged. Manna should be calling me soon to set it the swap.
xnappo likes this.
post #2722 of 2744 Old 02-07-2015, 06:12 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Well lookie there. They "scrounged" and found me an A3. NO THANKS!

Negotiated a refund. Supervisor called me back two days later and revoked the refund offer. Again offered "only" the A3 refurb. That's all they could offer.

Tried back a couple of days later and just asked for a B3. They obliged. Manna should be calling me soon to set it the swap.
You'll be happy with a B3. Trust me, I went through four A3's and it's no fun. I missed the VGA port as well but I bought a converter on ebay for $17. It's a small sacrifice for the great picture and "spotless" screen. Quality of the VGA converter is great too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131333854018
post #2723 of 2744 Old 02-07-2015, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm in the club...unfortunately.

I had the white spots after a year. Upon my first call, they immediately acknowledged that it was a known issue and that they would simply replace theTV. All I had to do was send in my invoice. They had extended my manufacturer’s warranty for six additional months. However, about five hours later, on a second call, a different rep tried to tell me that the warranty could not be handled by Vizio because of where I lived; they have no technicians in my area. They told me to contact the distributor; Tigerdirect. That is like telling me to go to Amazon. Tigerdirect simply sells the product. It is clearly stated on the bottom of the tigerdirect page that the product warranty is covered by Vizeo. I think the problem is that I live in a smaller city and there is no one in the area and they don't want to incur the shipping cost. The most bothersome part is that the very courteous woman this morning said it was a done deal. A replacement TV would be brought here, and they would take the old one away. Just email the invoice and that was it. Someone would contact me with a delivery date. I think when they realized that there would be a greater shipping cost because I don't live in Montreal or Toronto they looked again. Where I live has nothing to do with it. They should stand behind their product.

Last edited by Timoty; 02-13-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: remove exact location. Stil fighting for warranty.
post #2724 of 2744 Old 02-10-2015, 11:48 AM

I need some quick help here from all of you. I will explain all the details later for what it is worth but I am being offered a Sharp 70le660u TV as a replacement for my E701i-A3. I realize this Sharp TV had a rebooting bug but that appears to have been fixed with the latest firmware. Aside from that is this TV as good as my Vizio (white spots aside) or would I be getting an inferior set? It sounds like the viewing angles aren't great. Any feedback would be appreciated.
post #2725 of 2744 Old 02-10-2015, 11:53 AM

Not to throw a monkey wrench into this, but for $900 more, they will give me the Samsung UN75H6350 .....
post #2726 of 2744 Old 02-11-2015, 06:36 AM

OK. Just to round out my part in this discussion. I was sold the Vizio TV in Canada but apparently that TV (at the time) was only authorized to be sold in the U.S. So Vizio informed me that I really didn't have a warranty to speak of the moment the TV was dropped off last year. And even though Vizio recognized the problem, admitted that they had offered anyone in the U.S. a six month extension on their warranty, and would normally have replaced my TV, because they hadn't authorized the retailer to sell the TV in Canada, I was out of luck. The good news is that the online retailer here in Canada is not leaving me out in the cold. They have offered to replace my TV with a couple other brands. One for free, another for extra money. As I don't have an additional 900 bucks at the moment, I am going with the free option. It is very unfortunate because aside from the 'snow flake effect' I really liked my Vizio. I really hope that I am just as happy with the new Sharp 70le660u that I am being offered. I have read that the previous version of this TV (the 650U) also had the white spot issue. Hopefully that was resolved in this newer model. They are transferring the remainder of my SquareTrade warranty over so I will have that in my back pocket. Good luck to anyone else in Canada that may have bought this TV off of an unauthorized retailer.
post #2727 of 2744 Old 02-11-2015, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

I would be worried that the sharp could have the same problem as the Vizio uses the sharp panel. If you have a square trade waranty on the Vizio and are past the 1st year then don't go thru tiger direct or vizio, go directly thru square trade. I did that a couple months ago with my white spot Vizio and after sending square trade the ppictures, they refunded my purchase price AND let me keep the tv. Also I remember reading that Sharp wasn't as agreeable as Vizio when dealing with white spots either.

Last edited by indept; 02-11-2015 at 10:36 AM.
post #2728 of 2744 Old 02-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Tiger agreed to swap over the full four years of square trade that was on the Vizio. Only a year has gone by. So if the Sharp ends up doing this, the next time I will absolutely take the money, do MUCH more research, and get something on my own. The square trade warranty doesn't rely at all on what the original company thinks does it? And from what I have read, Square Trade is now quite aware of this white spot problem. So I am assuming (hopefully not to be bitten by it) that IF this newer model Sharp ends up suffering from the same fate down the road, I will be covered by the SquareTrade. I would just rather not use that option 'yet' since Tiger is willing to honour the original manufacturer warranty now that Vizio won't. They just can't replace it with another Vizio because they have pulled all of their 70" Vizios (in Canada) because of my case.

Last edited by Timoty; 02-11-2015 at 12:11 PM.
post #2729 of 2744 Old 02-11-2015, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

If you look in the Sharp thread - the version they are offering you is not the 'white spot' panel version. That was the 650u.

xnappo
post #2730 of 2744 Old 02-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
If you look in the Sharp thread - the version they are offering you is not the 'white spot' panel version. That was the 650u.

xnappo

Thanks Xnappo...that is what I assumed, although I have not had time yet to research it more myself. As was the case with Vizio, the recent version of their 70" TV has apparently fixed this issue. I guess time will tell with both the Vizio and the Sharp that I will be receiving. I hope that I am as happy with the picture. Again, had this white spot issue not occurred I was perfectly happy with my Vizio. For the little reading I have done on the Sharp, people seem to like it. The Sharp thread on the TV I am getting (70le660u) is still fairly short. So I am guessing that the TV has not been out long. However, it appears that the group of TVs that it falls under (Aquios I believe) has been around for some time.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page