Vizio E701i-A3 Owners Thread - Page 92 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #2731 of 2755 Old 02-17-2015, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
OK. As a final follow-up to my Vizio experience, Tiger, although 'possibly' willing to replace the TV (we never got that far), would want at least an additional $200 to $1000 because they were arguing that the replacement options were more expensive even though the specs were stated as equal to my Vizio. I would have had to take a day off work for both the arrival of the new TV and the pick up of the old and I wasn't even sure if I would have had to pay shipping one way. All that was becoming far too unacceptable even if it was 'approved' by the manager. So I called SquareTrade. I can't speak for everyone, but for me the process with SquareTrade was the most hassle-free, smooth, and painless warranty that I have ever experienced. A quick conversation, emailed some pictures and the invoice, signed an affidavit and they are reimbursing me the full amount before taxes. I am out the shipping, taxes, and original price for the squaretrade warranty (about $700), but with the current sales and lower prices I should be able to get a new TV for around the reimbursement price. So although the manufacturer wouldn't stand behind their product, and my possible options through Tiger were not cost effective or reasonable even had they been approved, Squaretrade went above and beyond and ended my nightmare.

I hope that this is easier for others, and I sure hope Vizio has fixed their issue. Not sure I want to chance it again. I'll be doing a LOT more research this time.

Last edited by Timoty; 02-17-2015 at 09:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2755 Old 02-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoty View Post
OK. As a final follow-up to my Vizio experience, Tiger, although 'possibly' willing to replace the TV (we never got that far), would want at least an additional $200 to $1000 because they were arguing that the replacement options were more expensive even though the specs were stated as equal to my Vizio. I would have had to take a day off work for both the arrival of the new TV and the pick up of the old and I wasn't even sure if I would have had to pay shipping one way. All that was becoming far too unacceptable even if it was 'approved' by the manager. So I called SquareTrade. I can't speak for everyone, but for me the process with SquareTrade was the most hassle-free, smooth, and painless warranty that I have ever experienced. A quick conversation, emailed some pictures and the invoice, signed an affidavit and they are reimbursing me the full amount before taxes. I am out the shipping, taxes, and original price for the squaretrade warranty (about $700), but with the current sales and lower prices I should be able to get a new TV for around the reimbursement price. So although the manufacturer wouldn't stand behind their product, and my possible options through Tiger were not cost effective or reasonable even had they been approved, Squaretrade went above and beyond and ended my nightmare.

I hope that this is easier for others, and I sure hope Vizio has fixed their issue. Not sure I want to chance it again. I'll be doing a LOT more research this time.
Did they let you keep the tv? If they did at least you won't be in a big rush to get a new one.
post #2733 of 2755 Old 02-18-2015, 04:39 AM

It appears they will. But the money isn't deposited yet so until it is I'm not counting anything as 100%. I have had more promises made to me in the last week that have been broken, I feel like I'm in a bad marriage.
seneschal likes this.
post #2734 of 2755 Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It appears they will. But the money isn't deposited yet so until it is I'm not counting anything as 100%. I have had more promises made to me in the last week that have been broken, I feel like I'm in a bad marriage.
Keep in mind that in a bad marriage You never get to keep the tv...😄
seneschal and Timoty like this.
post #2735 of 2755 Old 02-18-2015, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Yes, I had a bad experience too dealing with Tiger's Customer Service. Once was enough, never again!

Quote:

Timoty likes this.
post #2736 of 2755 Old 02-18-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollofrito22 View Post
So I FINALLY got my replacement e700i-b3. Mana was an effin disaster yesterday. My tv is wall mounted. Less than 5' high. These clowns REFUSED to remove the old tv or mount the new one. I'm telling the guy, how the eff am I supposed to take the old tv off the wall alone? He's like we're not responsible if it breaks, I'm like its already junk, i dont care if it breaks! Finally after 5 min of arguing with the guys one of them helped me take down the old one, and i simply had them remove the new one from the box and mount in with th base on the floor. Visio blows, mana blows. Took almost 2 months to get a replacement.
I had the same problem with Manna on one of my returns, they had the same complaint. I gave them a $20 bill then they did everything for me!
post #2737 of 2755 Old 02-18-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indept View Post
2 of my previous tv's had the spots really bad, this one has 5 that are real close to the bottom so I don't mind them so much at this point.
You should definitely swap it for the E700i-B3 before your warranty expires.
Trust me, I had four A3's and I they all developed the bright spots after a few months.
It's not a question of IF, but WHEN.
post #2738 of 2755 Old 02-18-2015, 03:43 PM

Curious....left unreplaced....how bad do the spots end up getting? Has anyone had the TV long enough so that it gets unwatchable. I don't have to rush out and replace this thing tomorrow so I would rather wait to see how the B3 version makes out. I never want to go through this again and I will NEVER order a TV online again no matter how good the price is.
post #2739 of 2755 Old 02-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

All depends, my present tv's spots haven't gotten any worse over the last few months & it gets at least 6-8 hrs of use a day, double on weekends. My last set seemed to get another spot weekly. So your plan sounds good, take your time & keep an eye on the reviews like I am doing. Who knows, when the R (reference) series get out there we could probably get a great price if we can survive with our present leopard series til next year.
post #2740 of 2755 Old 02-20-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
All depends, my present tv's spots haven't gotten any worse over the last few months & it gets at least 6-8 hrs of use a day, double on weekends. My last set seemed to get another spot weekly. So your plan sounds good, take your time & keep an eye on the reviews like I am doing. Who knows, when the R (reference) series get out there we could probably get a great price if we can survive with our present leopard series til next year.

I was calling it my snowglobe.....but I like leopard series
My money was deposited in my account yesterday. So in the end I guess this was the best outcome possible. I lost about 700 in shipping and handling, taxes, etc. but to look at it another way, I got a leopard series for 700 or rented a 70" TV for 14 months for 700. Although it was aggravating as hell, I learned a few things about a couple company's, and who not to give my business to.
post #2741 of 2755 Old 02-20-2015, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

All in all I have no problem dealing with Vizio. They replaced my tv a couple times with no argument and no cost to me. It's not their fault the Sharp panels developed spots. I've seen posts where Samsung & Sony gave customers a hard time about display issues. Vizio bad a zero bright pixel policy & they honored it.
post #2742 of 2755 Old 02-20-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Curious....left unreplaced....how bad do the spots end up getting? Has anyone had the TV long enough so that it gets unwatchable. I don't have to rush out and replace this thing tomorrow so I would rather wait to see how the B3 version makes out. I never want to go through this again and I will NEVER order a TV online again no matter how good the price is.
"Unwatchable" is a subjective word... It means different things to different people.
For some, even small defects makes a TV unwatchable.
For others, even if the picture is snowed out like back in the analog UHF days, it's OK.
post #2743 of 2755 Old 02-23-2015, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfxr27 View Post
Well lookie there. They "scrounged" and found me an A3. NO THANKS!

Negotiated a refund. Supervisor called me back two days later and revoked the refund offer. Again offered "only" the A3 refurb. That's all they could offer.

Tried back a couple of days later and just asked for a B3. They obliged. Manna should be calling me soon to set it the swap.
My A3 saga may finally be over. Settled for a B3. Manna setup delivery. Showed up on time, polite, friendly and did a good job, unboxing setting up then repackaging. The B3 that showed up was brand new in the box. Overall satisfied with Vizio, Costco and Manna. Even after to A3's that failed. Additioanlly I am calling vizio back for warranty options on the B3.
post #2744 of 2755 Old 02-23-2015, 05:23 PM

Liked: 14
11 months, still hanging tough with a good picture.
Timoty likes this.
post #2745 of 2755 Old 03-07-2015, 01:14 AM

Liked: 0
You guys getting B3's should consider yourselves lucky. I just got my A3 replaced a week ago for white spots. They replaced my q WITH a p...is that that normal? I was under warranty...still am...by over 2 months. This thing has the same firmware that my 5 year old vizio does. It seems like its almost guaranteed to get spots again, too...Hell, I probably got one of your TVs LOL. THANKS VIZIO. What am I supposed to do now?
post #2746 of 2755 Old 03-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontwork4mannathankgod View Post
You guys getting B3's should consider yourselves lucky. I just got my A3 replaced a week ago for white spots. They replaced my q WITH a p...is that that normal? I was under warranty...still am...by over 2 months. This thing has the same firmware that my 5 year old vizio does. It seems like its almost guaranteed to get spots again, too...Hell, I probably got one of your TVs LOL. THANKS VIZIO. What am I supposed to do now?
You could always add a Square trade extended warranty as a safeguard. You have to do it through Vizio's site, squaretrade directly only lets you do it in the 1st month. vizio has a deal with them & you can do it anytime before the 1st year is up. Square trade refunded the purchase price of my A3 AND let me keep the TV so I can take my time replacing it. the spots on this TV are not as bad as the other tvs I had so I'm in no rush, I'll watch my free 70" A3 for now.
post #2747 of 2755 Old 03-07-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
You could always add a Square trade extended warranty as a safeguard. You have to do it through Vizio's site, squaretrade directly only lets you do it in the 1st month. vizio has a deal with them & you can do it anytime before the 1st year is up. Square trade refunded the purchase price of my A3 AND let me keep the TV so I can take my time replacing it. the spots on this TV are not as bad as the other tvs I had so I'm in no rush, I'll watch my free 70" A3 for now.
Yeah, I have pretty much read this entire massive thread in regards to the white spots. I saw a couple of you guys have managed to do that. I already registered so I will definitely put down the 84 dollars or whatever it is. How many times did you get it replaced beforehand? or is it just vizio that makes you do that? Thanks for the advice, though, and I agree spots and a free TV would keep me happy.

Also, another question for anyone. They told me they were giving me a B3 and then just showed up with this instead. I convinced them to replace this one and was promised another B3 but, this time I checked Manna's tracking first and they lied again. Is this common? what should i do about it?
post #2748 of 2755 Old 03-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah, I have pretty much read this entire massive thread in regards to the white spots. I saw a couple of you guys have managed to do that. I already registered so I will definitely put down the 84 dollars or whatever it is. How many times did you get it replaced beforehand? or is it just vizio that makes you do that? Thanks for the advice, though, and I agree spots and a free TV would keep me happy.

Also, another question for anyone. They told me they were giving me a B3 and then just showed up with this instead. I convinced them to replace this one and was promised another B3 but, this time I checked Manna's tracking first and they lied again. Is this common? what should i do about it?
My replacements were all A3's during the 1 year Vizio warranty. The 1st time dealing with Square Trade they had me send pictures just like Vizio did and then square trade said a technician would schedule a visit. The next day they sent an email saying they would send a check & keep the tv.
post #2749 of 2755 Old 03-14-2015, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpiskin View Post
11 months, still hanging tough with a good picture.
10 months for me. We are just lucky I guess. Not a single spot for me.
post #2750 of 2755 Old 03-17-2015, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have the E701-A3, original purchase was May 2013, went through several replacements with Vizio due to screen going black (turning off) during dark scenes in videos, until they finally sent me a model that did not have the defect, which I received in October 2013.

In the past few months, I've been noticing bright spots showing up on my TV, and getting more noticeable. Initially I just assumed some guest had poked my screen, but then I found more spots, and luckily found this thread, verifying that it's a manufacturer defect.
Vizio informed me that the standard 1yr warranty has of course expired, but this issue specifically extends the warranty by 1 additional year (from date of original purchase), which means I only had 1.5 months before Vizio would no longer remedy this issue.

I sent in photos of the issue, Vizio confirmed, and now they're sending me the E70-C3 as a replacement. Looking at several websites, the E70-C3 isn't even in stock yet (checked Amazon and B&H). It's got some nicer features, at a cheaper introduction price (I purchased the E701-A3 at $1578, whereas the E70-C3 is $1399, both prices from Amazon). While the reduced price has me slightly concerned that they've gone cheaper on this model somehow, it's lighter, has full-array backlighting, VIA+ (finally, replacement for the outdated VIA suite), and is 240hz vs 120hz of the E701-A3.

I was even informed that Manna will even unmount the defective TV, and mount the new TV back onto the wall for me, which is a relief, as unmounting/remounting can be a hassle.

It really sucks that I've seen so many issues with the E701-A3 model, but Vizio's support has been fairly solid throughout. I just hope the newest TV returns back to the build quality that I'm used to, as I have a 55" Vizio in the bedroom that I've had for ~6 years now, runs great, never an issue...
post #2751 of 2755 Old 03-17-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntspoon View Post
10 months for me. We are just lucky I guess. Not a single spot for me.
Keep an eye out, as I had mine over a year without noticing any spots. Could just be a matter of time...
post #2752 of 2755 Old 03-18-2015, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Call back and ask for a supervisor. Make sure they send you the right unit (B3 or C3 now). I went through four defective A3's before getting a B3 and I don't think you want the same experience. The B3 works beautifully and has much better picture quality than the A3, plus it is a lot lighter and thinner.
post #2753 of 2755 Old 03-19-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seneschal View Post
Call back and ask for a supervisor. Make sure they send you the right unit (B3 or C3 now). I went through four defective A3's before getting a B3 and I don't think you want the same experience. The B3 works beautifully and has much better picture quality than the A3, plus it is a lot lighter and thinner.
I did end up calling back and talking to a supervisor. It took some convincing, but they are sending me a brand new e70-c3. In fact, it should be getting delivered today (within the next 3 hrs and 20 min). From past experiences, however, I will believe it when I see it. Hopefully this is the end of this ordeal, though I will likely still shell out the money to extend my warranty. Especially considering this model is brand new. Just look at how happy everyone was at the beginning of this thread when the e701i-a3 first came out, before the problems started popping up. Its pretty crazy how the thread turns about halfway through. Oh well, time will tell.
post #2754 of 2755 Old Today, 04:09 PM

Hello everyone. I recently came across a deal on, "the craig list" for the A3 model and negotiated it to $700. I was planning to pick it up today but after reading all of the reports of white spots I decided to hold off. A few questions.

1. Has anyone had this model for a couple of years without white spots or do they all get white spots for sure?

2. If I get this and it does develop white spots am I going to be able to exchange it with Vizio without the receipt?

Thanks!
post #2755 of 2755 Old Today, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

I wouldn't do it, I had 3 with the spots and everyone of them that I have seen in the stores had them. Vizio would probably deny you Any warranty without a receipt.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio , Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E550va 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Vizio E701i A3 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E701i by PriceGrabber.com