64" - 65" PLASMA or LED set for sports viewing in room that's bright about 1/3 of the time. THANK YOU!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was hoping to get input on a few TV's we're considering for this holiday, but first I want to give a brief description of our living room.
It gets pretty sunny, no direct sunlight but lots of reflected light from the neighboring building, during daytime hours. Most of our viewing during these daytime hours would be on weekends for sports. During the week we're mostly watching programs after work and at night.

As mentioned I'm a sports guy so I'd like to have something that can keep up with football, hockey, soccer. We also watch Food channel but are mostly channel flippers at this point with a young daughter in the house.
Occasionally I'll use the PS3 and we'll watch some BluRay's but again, it's mostly the channels we get from our overpriced DirecTV package.

So final needs are, occasional bright room viewing (a little more than 1/3), can keep up with sports, watch mostly cable.

Here are the TV's in our price range.

Note: We currently have a Vizio VO42L LCD and it's been great for us!

LED's -
Samsung 65EH6000
Samsung 65ES6500
Vizio M650VSE

Plasma's -
Samsung PN64E550
Samsung PN64E7000
Panasonic TC-P65ST50

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
interested in responses to this myself. Considering moving up in size to the the Samsung 65EH6000 from my Panny 58 inch plasma but am a little hesitant depending on the pic quality vs size trade off.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, that one was on my list too. Everything I've read on it is luke warm and when I saw it in Best Buy with there special looped trailer I still thought it was good, not great. I will say though it's a nice value right now - everyone is selling it for $1498.

How does you current Panasonic plasma handle the brightness (if you have a bright room) and sports?
post #4 of 8 Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post

Yeah, that one was on my list too. Everything I've read on it is luke warm and when I saw it in Best Buy with there special looped trailer I still thought it was good, not great. I will say though it's a nice value right now - everyone is selling it for $1498.
How does you current Panasonic plasma handle the brightness (if you have a bright room) and sports?

UN65EH6000 is the best from your list to go for. side by side comparison with Vizio M650VSE here,
http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2012/11/un65eh6000-vs-m650vse.html
post #5 of 8 Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum View Post

I have a light controlled room, so reflections aren't an issue but it does have that glossy screen and would show reflections in the wrong setup.

as for sports, it's excellent. No blurring, smooth movement.

Samsung 6000 units and felt the same way you did. Not awful but, ultimately, not good enough to replace my plasma even with the size increase so I've backed off on anything right now and will wait I guess.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceQ View Post

UN65EH6000 is the best from your list to go for. side by side comparison with Vizio M650VSE here,
http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2012/11/un65eh6000-vs-m650vse.html

Thanks for the link and comparison. I checked out a few others as well.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 114
If you can wait, I would hold off until Jan CES when Sharp will show off its MothEye screens. Could be a game changer when it comes to light and glare. Should hit the market place a few months later.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-01-2012, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hadn't heard of those yet, Thanks Sytech!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page