Quick Upgrade Comparison Question Pease - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Folks,

I am in the process of upgrading my entertainment system. I am trying to do my best to put in the time doing various bits of research and opinion gathering.

Basically... out side of the rest of the system I currently have the Samsung UN55C7000 TV. We are the standard users... movies, satelite etc etc. But I like quality. I understand that this was really Samsung's entry into the 3D market and really is not their best panel shall we say..... though I do generally like the TV.

Having said that I have recently become interested in the LG series. 55LM9600, 55LM8600 or maybe the 55LM6700.

There are many different features between what I have and what I am looking at but the main issue is image quality.

I tested a LG LM series for basic picture in Best Buy and was amazed at the depth of the 3D compared to my system at home, it actually blew me away at how much better it seamed. Was I actually looking at that much better of a screen in comparison to what I have or was it just the demo being played. I do want to go back and view a movie on it but I am assuming that this is due to the advancements being made in the last few years but none the less I wanted to get some opinions on my planned move from the knowledgeable folks here.

The passive vs active argument is not really one which I am too concerned with. I understand that if not in the correct viewing "spot" we may encounter jagged edges with the passive system due to the fact that it is actually removing some pixels to create the effect while the Active is still 1080p regardless. I have a 6.5yr old son who likes to watch 3D with me and I dont want to encourage it much at the moment due to the eye fatigue and development issues facing the active glasses, but the passive system is not working the same and no where near as hard on the eyes so..... it is kind of a mute point.

Anyway.... feedback please.

Cheers

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I am sort of asking of opinions of is the general consensus that I will be happy with the upgrade as being an upgrade and that we will enjoy a better viewing experience. I mean I know it is personal and all of that and basically my system should be reasonably geeked out so the screen is currently the last bottle neck. I am planning to move into a media room in about 5 years where I will deal then with what is around so this new investment is on a shelf life of about 5 years.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page