AVS Forum banner
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  hamoHapic 
#1 ·
I just purchased a new Samsung UN55ES7003 to replace an older 46" model (LN46A650). Images originating from my DirecTV DVR (1080i and lower) seem to be fine, but something's happening between the PS3 (at 1080p) and the new TV. Basically what I'm noticing is:

* There is a vertical jitter - the image appears to slightly move up and then back to normal.

* There are horizontal, white lines in the bottom right corner of the screen.

This happens in any PS3 content: menu, in game, and in movie.

What I've tried:

* Switching HDMI cables (doesn't fix)

* A different HDMI port on the TV (doesn't fix)

* Try a different AV receiver (doesn't fix)

* Connected the PS3 back to the old set (issue goes away...as expected)

Thus, I feel I've sufficiently ruled out all possible hardware issues with the exception of the new TV. Why I'm convinced it's only 1080p: I re-connected the PS3 back to the NEW TV, and went into PS3 Video Setup and cycled through all of the supported resolutions. NONE of the resolutions exhibited the image jitter/interference issue EXCEPT 1080p.

I happen to have a standalone BD player and plan tomorrow to connect it to the new TV and see if the 1080p image from it also has the same problem. At that point, I will be convinced that it's an issue with the new TV handling 1080p content (which would be shocking; I've never had a problem with a Samsung TV).

All of this said, if I find that the BD player also has this problem at 1080p, and it appears to be the TV, I guess I'll contact Samsung and/or the seller to start the RMA process, unless someone here can propose a setting change or firmware update that might fix this?

Thanks,

-aj

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm also having problems with my UN55ES7003.

Its mostly noticeable when you are for example watching credits at the end of the movie, the letters would jump up and then down every about 10 - 15 seconds. The jump is small but noticeable and very annoying when watching TV.

The jump only happens to stuff that are moving, for example on the credits only letters would move but the background stays still.

It dos that connected to my VIP612 dish receiver, bit no jumping or any problems connected to my Samsung Blu-ray player.

Unfortunately disabling SyncPlus did not resolve my problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.