Panasonic TC-L60E55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 11-30-2012, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All!

I'm new to the forums here and I wanted to first say hello to everyone. Im not a TV guru, so forgive anything silly I may say.

Second, I just picked up the new Panasonic TC-L60E55 60" IPS LED panel yesterday. I have found it quite difficult to find any info/reviews/calibration settings for this set. Does anyone else have one or has seen one etc. Im coming from a 62" Toshiba DLP, which I have loved for 7 years now, so everything about the new TV seems fantastic and a huge step up, but, I could be just honeymooning with it right now.

Any info or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Cory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 07:42 AM

Liked: 13
This looks like a brand new model (maybe Panasonic's first 60" LED?) which is not widely available yet. You could try the settings for Panasonics smaller LED's and see how they work as a starting point. Here are a few threads to read through maybe:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409036/panasonic-tc-l42e50-anyone

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1412819/panasonic-led-tc-55le54-costco
post #3 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Flatliner! I will have to try all those settings out this afternoon. The only thing I have changed so far is the Motion settings to do away with the really noticeable soap opera effect. Out of the box I have noticed it is very dark and there seems to be some details lost in the blacks. Hopefully the settings in the other threads will bring it to life.

In the store, side by side with an Aquos and a Samsung (not sure of the model) this one was a real stand out in terms of picture quality to me. Also the thin silver bezel was a nice change from the black and clear of most other TV's. One thing that I don't like is the really reflective, glossy screen, even in a basement with only one window that is nearly blacked out.

I will report back once I have played with the settings.
post #4 of 14 Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Check Mate View Post

Thanks Flatliner! I will have to try all those settings out this afternoon. The only thing I have changed so far is the Motion settings to do away with the really noticeable soap opera effect. Out of the box I have noticed it is very dark and there seems to be some details lost in the blacks. Hopefully the settings in the other threads will bring it to life.
In the store, side by side with an Aquos and a Samsung (not sure of the model) this one was a real stand out in terms of picture quality to me. Also the thin silver bezel was a nice change from the black and clear of most other TV's. One thing that I don't like is the really reflective, glossy screen, even in a basement with only one window that is nearly blacked out.
I will report back once I have played with the settings.

Yes, my 55" Costco version was also extremely dark in it's default settings. Pretty much any of the other settings posted here will be an improvement.
post #5 of 14 Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 AM

Just bought one yesterday. I'm little surprised that there seems to be no reviews at all for this model anywhere on the internet. Overall I'm pretty happy with this TV except for its weak black level, which can be very obvious when all the lights are off. Unlike my previous Sony 60" EX645 which has serious dark corners and uniformity issues (I exchanged two EX645s and they ALL have the same problems) this Penny seems to be immue to all those, at least for the one I got. Picture is very clean and bright, motions are smooth enough to equal with the plasmas. Sound is just OK, I think Sony is doing a better job on this, but I'm getting a sound stick anyway so it doesn't matter that much.

IMHO nowadays HDTVs are all very similar comparing with each other, unless you're very picky on minor issues which can be very objective. For the $1.3K I spent I think it is a good buy, and I don't really care for the lack of 3D. If you can wait the E60 (scheduled to be released in 1Q) might be a better choice, except they don't offer 60" this time though.
post #6 of 14 Old 08-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Just set mine up. No wifi. Supposed to be "built in". Do I need an adapter or not for this one?
Anyone else have setting suggestions?
post #7 of 14 Old 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM

Hey PMantle, just wondered where you got yours and how much? I am looking at them now, ready to order one. I am in Mandeville, LA
post #8 of 14 Old 08-25-2013, 11:39 AM

Got mine from Sam's club. Online order. Never saw one in person before buying. Figured out the WiFi deal. So far so good. Cannot wait for the first Tiger game.

I've tried to change settings on both standard and custom. Not much difference. Plan on getting a blueray and the Disney WOW disc soon.
post #9 of 14 Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM

I ordered one from Sam's as well.
How long did it take for delivery?

Looking forward to receiving it for football season!

Already have a Panasonic HTS with Blue Ray for it.

Was the wi-fi tricky?
post #10 of 14 Old 08-26-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCI1259 View Post

I ordered one from Sam's as well.
How long did it take for delivery?

Looking forward to receiving it for football season!

Already have a Panasonic HTS with Blue Ray for it.

Was the wi-fi tricky?
Took about 5 days. The wifi was odd in that it did not work at all, and the error read as if I needed a dongle(what a weird word). Call CS and had an appointment made. Next time I tried it, it worked fine. Only really complaint with internet is the remote. Would be nice to have a keyboard on the back. OTOH, pairing your phone makes youtube really easy.
post #11 of 14 Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 AM

Liked: 11
Well i'm picking up my TC-L60E55 tonight, so i'll post some reviews, i went from the Samsung 55d7000 model which had huge uniformity issues, to this Panasonic, hope i like it !
post #12 of 14 Old 08-26-2013, 05:03 PM

I believe this unit has built in bluetooth, so we may be able to get a bluetooth keyboard & mouse that would work. Have you tried that?
I got an email today saying it shipped so hopefully it will be here later in the week. Did they call you to schedule a time?
post #13 of 14 Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 PM

Liked: 11
Got the set, i like it so far, i'm quite lost with the settings thought, when i change something, i'm never sure if it's better or not.

No lag with my receiver's a big + ! (Sharp TV are out of sync via HDMI with a receiver...yuk)

I've tried the new Star Trek Into Darkness that came out today, the first scene with all the red and yellow just pops so nicely, i can't complain.

The Wi-Fi works great for me...

One thing i noticed, i used to have SO MANY networking problem back in the days with many things.. in fact the problem was at first my Linksys rooter.. and then my D-Link as well.. Now i have a pricy Netgear and i havent got any problem since... I'm not buying any 100$ or less rooter anytime soon, those low prices thing are cheap as hell.

Maybe it's a rooter problem guys .. ?
post #14 of 14 Old 08-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangedman View Post

Got the set, i like it so far, i'm quite lost with the settings thought, when i change something, i'm never sure if it's better or not.
Same here. At least with the calibration DVD i have, plus the THX part of The Incredibles, I can see where i need to be on brightness and contrast. Color, tint and sharpness? I have no clue.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page