Just bought a samsung.....and it may be goong back........what LED tv do I want?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok experts I need your help......I just recently purchased the UN60es 7100......love the TV love the picture......hate the fact that after every update it seems something gets screwed up on samsungs......I wont pay 2k for a product I constantly have to worry about or tweak after each new download. That said, I love the features....internet, apps, 3D.....when looking my choices were narrowed down to 3 companies......samsung, sharp, and sony.....I would like my tv to be at least 60 in. So are sharps and sony plagued with issues? What tv do i want? I am leaning now towards sony but have no idea....what does the hive think......any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 AM

Liked: 14
I can tell you what I did..

I had bought a 65" Samsung EH6000 which failed after one hour. Just wouldn't start. Samsung is plagued with quality control issues since they became a market leader and started cutting corners thinking people will continue to buy the brand.

My previous TV was a Samsung so I wanted to stick with them. No more. I looked around and realized there are options but almost all are flawed in some way or the other.

You may want to roll the dice and get another Samsung.. maybe the 7500 series. In my humble opinion LED-TV landscape is now easily divided based on your needs:

1. More contrast, brand name, punchy picture great colors -> Samsung
2. Size choices, good panels, decent colors --> SHARP
3. Awesome movie-like 3D, fast response panels, decent viewing angles, and are ready to battle frustrations and coerce the TV to give acceptable colors --> LG
4. to spend more on comparable quality --> SONY

Insert pithy comment here
post #3 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I would go with Sony because in my book you get a quality built tv and their customer service is excellent. Sony has really made some excellent quality tv's this year with their HX850 and HX750 series tv's and the HX950 XBR is top of the line. Yes you pay but its worth it in the end. Samsung is slipping and I dont feel sorry for them in the least.
post #4 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
+1 ^ on the Sony. The 950 is going to be my next purchase. The 850 had a excellent PQ also.

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #5 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree with the above that I think the HX Sony's would be the best option in terms of PQ, but if you're looking for 60 inches and up, Sony only has the XBR, which is probably well above your target budget, and the EX line, which may be too modest. Check out the LGLM7200, and a couple of Sharp's in your target range, which rate pretty well.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 05:01 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverSide View Post

LED-TV landscape is now easily divided based on your needs:
1. More contrast, brand name, punchy picture great colors -> Samsung
2. Size choices, good panels, decent colors --> SHARP
3. Awesome movie-like 3D, fast response panels, decent viewing angles, and are ready to battle frustrations and coerce the TV to give acceptable colors --> LG
4. to spend more on comparable quality --> SONY

lol, this list is so true. Where would you put the Panasonic lcds in the list?
post #7 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 05:06 PM

I just made this decision looking for an LED LCD in 55" size.

I had wanted to go with Samsung because I've been happy with my bedroom LCD for a couple years. Specs-wise, it seemed to be a top choice as well. But when I went to a couple home theater stores to look in person, the Sony HX850 sold me. Off-angle picture was much better on the Sony (which will be a factor in my living room). The blacks remained much blacker, whereas they turned gray-ish on the Samsung. I kind of wanted to go with passive 3D too, but kept coming back to the Sony HX850 (with active 3d) in terms of 2D picture quality. And this was in 3 different stores, in different settings. So I decided to pay the premium for the Sony. Good luck.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 06:38 PM

Liked: 11
Look at Sharp 60LE640U/6400U. Great TV, can find one for around $1200.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuddlrlrbass View Post

lol, this list is so true. Where would you put the Panasonic lcds in the list?

I wouldn't.. In my personal research for shopping for an LED-lit TV, Panasonic or Vizio didn't register as compelling brands. Now if I were ready to go the plasma route, I'd be a Panasonic fanboy in an instant.

Insert pithy comment here
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page