New Owner Vizio M3D550KDE - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-04-2012, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was going to fight the crowds on Black Friday for a shot at one of the great deals on a 50" or better LED thin panel. Tried being one of the lucky ones to grab a great Black Friday Instant Deal on Amazon, but was not successful.

Found the Vizio 55" 3D online at Sam's for $998 delivered, not including the governmental leech tax. A 1.5", 55", 50 lb. 3D LED TV for under a grand? Someone had found MY sweet spot.

There are (at this moment) 400+ posts on the M3D550KD. I read 'em all figuring there was something to be gleaned there... and there was.

BUT, I (we?) have a different model.

Those of us who bought a Vizio 55 class machine Thanksgiving or later likely got the ***E model. It IS different and will have it's own pros and cons.

I have a high def DISH receiver and Sony 3D model 590 blu-ray connected directly to the TV and run my audio out to an older RCA receiver through the television's SPDIF Optical Out.

I have connected a Magnavox VCR/DVD recorder through the RCA jacks, but have not been able to get a signal yet. Will troubleshoot by connecting my Wii.

I don't seem to have any ghosting problems and my blacks seem fine.

My previous system was a 42" DYNEX LCD with stereo RCA jacks carrying the audio to my RCA.

So, I got 3D and 5.1 surround sound at the same time!

My dislikes? The TV is like a mirror compared to the matte finish on my old LCD, and fast motion seems to pixilate, much more than my old 60 Hz DYNEX. Other than that, so far a great deal for $1000

How about you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 61
How do you like this TV? I was thinking about getting it. How is the fast motion ( sports etc.), you mentioned pixelation, still there or was it a setting?
post #3 of 6 Old 03-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member

I went to sams club tonight & bought this. Great PQ. Watched a hockey game, looked fine. Watched Men in Black 3D looked great too, better than the LG 47LM4700 that will go back to BJ's club this weekend. Watched the same 3D movie on that & it had a very narrow band of viewing angle that the picture was good in, outside of that & there was severe ghosting. I had trouble getting the Vizio to even give slight ghosting and that was sitting "under " it on the floor looking up. So far the Vizio has the LG beat. The LG also had "Pancake Makeup" syndrome, quite often skin tones looked very fake. The only thing the LG did that the Vizio doesn't seem to do was automatically change back to 2D when you stopped playing the 3D movie. 2D quality is much better on the Vizio too
post #4 of 6 Old 03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Advanced Member

I have 1 issue with this TV. The remote can be setup to control other devices as a universal remote, IE: cable box dvd player etc. so I set it up to control the cable box from the vizio remote. Easy to do in the CEC settings. Worked well. Problem was that the remote did NOT give you a way to select cable box or TV so now when I pressed "Menu" I got the cable box menu, I couldn't get to the TV menu to set picture settings, aspect ratio etc.
The 1st person at Vizio didn't know what she was talking about, she said I had to call comcast & have them fix it. I said " Why would I call them to fix a Vizio remote problem". Something happened to the phone connection (luckily) so when I called back I got a gentleman that knew what he was doing. He said hold down the "Q", "P", and "Space" keys on the keyboard for 10 seconds which then when "Menu" was pressed pulled up the wireless apps bar, but then pressing "OK" got me to the TV menu. He then said to go to the help menu and select "Clear Memory (restore defaults) which required a parental control password which is "0000" by default. That got me back so now everything is OK. Bottom line DO NOT US THE UNIVERSAL REMOTE FUNCTION"!!!!!
post #5 of 6 Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Why is it that the qwerty remote that comes with this TV won't work with my Vizio E701I-A3 or my M420SL but both their qwerty remotes work with this M3d series? This TV's remote "slides" open to access the keyboard & both the others have the keyboard on the back.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Back this goes, I decided the blur was unacceptable and it has constant lip sync issues, firmware never updated. Have until mid June but decided to get rid of it now. It's a shame that Vizio took a great tv (the non "E" series of this) & trashed it. Oh well
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 55 Inch Class Led M3d550kde , Vizio M3d550kd 55 Inch 240 Hz Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page