I wanted lowest response time and color accuracy... does such a monitor/hdtv exist? Is it too much to ask? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, let me tell you about my experience and the troubles i've been through trying to get perfect color accuracy and low response time in a monitor/hdtv. My long troubles led me to buying a samsung monitor the s27b550v. It has 2ms response time and is ok in that department. What i did not know was that the calibrations controls for the monitor were VERY limited. All i had to work with were rgb controls for color temperature. The color space was off, and the cie diagram was not good enough. I love seeing things the way they were ment to be seen and it makes me uncomfortable knowing i'm not seeing a true image.

Can someone enlighten me on the subject, is it possible to have a very low response time and near perfect accurate colors. I'm not happy as of now with the monitor any suggestions.

Note: i also entered the so called service menu and it had nothing, no way to try and get the colors perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2012, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It sounds like you're after a TV/display with a color management system and potentially at least 10-point grayscale adjustments. Of course, you need some pricey calibration hardware (and software) to take any real advantage of those.

In terms of out of the box color accuracy? I've had good experiences with LG tvs in expert or cinema modes. Plus, even their lower cost models sometimes have the options I mentioned above in case you want to go that route.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page