Vizio m3d550kd - No PC advanced picture settings? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone. I just got my new vizio m3d550kd and it's fantastic but when I plus my pc in through HDMI/DVI it seems to recognize it as a PC input and disables the advanced picture settings, it doesn't even show up as an option. Whats interesting is that it shows up when in a 3D game or application but not when I'm on my desktop. I have access to brightness/contrast but that's about it. But I'd like to activate some of the motion and post processing stuff if possible. I've looked and looked and I can't seem to find anyone with this issue.

I've got a desktop running from a dvi into the vizio m3d550kd's hdmi port. I've searched the menus and can't seem to find anything so is there a trick or something I can enable on my PC to make the tv think it is just another hdmi device...?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

I think this may have something to do with EDID and the graphics card. Does anyone know how to emulate a PS3 or something so I can just get the tv to stop seeing it as a pc? I just don't understand why you don't get the options other than it might somehow effect custom settings with peoples games...?
post #3 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
What is the PC program that you are using to convert your 2D desktop or other 2D content to faux 3D?
post #4 of 5 Old 12-06-2012, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Well I'm not converting anything really. I'm just using 3D on my computer with Nvidia 3D vision. So for instance I am on my desktop and I can't edit any advance setting but when I go into a 3D game like Borderlands 2 the vizio pops up and says "This content is 3D hit okay" and I do now I'm in 3D mode (not whatever the default and limited pc mode is) and when I go into picture settings I have access to all the advance settings and such.

Hope that helps.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-07-2012, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

I figured it out. After setting up my new drivers I noticed that it was in 720 when in 3d. Apparently it will only allow me access if I am in a 3D resolution. This is not the case with my ps3 which is 1080 and still has smoothing without dropping me to 24hz. It must be my nvidia.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M3d550kd 55 Inch 240 Hz Class Theater 3d Edge Lit Razor Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page