Insignia TVs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone!

I am looking to upgrade to a bit larger screen and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Insignia TVs?

The one that I am looking at in particular would be the 42" LED 1080p 120hz.

Please no, "You get what you pay for" type of answers. I am looking for anyone with actual experiences with the brand or even better, this actual TV.

I'll be pairing this up with the Energy Take Classic 5.1 system and a Denon AVR-1613 receiver. Trust me, if price was not an option, I would love to get a Samsung to complete the perfect package, but I digress.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Well unfortunately, you get what you pay for is really the best advice we can give you. Yes, the picture quality may be enough for you, however the tv will obviously be lacking in extra features and overall build quality/support. Insignia's are pretty much towards the lower end of quality sets you can get.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandSound View Post

Please no, "You get what you pay for" type of answers. I am looking for anyone with actual experiences with the brand or even better, this actual TV. !
Funny and ironic. 1st response was exactly what you weren't looking for. wink.gif
ClevelandSound likes this.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 111
That is a decent set with a well known panel with good characteristics, and MVA panel with good native black levels. Go for it.
ClevelandSound likes this.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #5 of 8 Old 12-07-2012, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! Anyone else with any input (from experience preferably)?
post #6 of 8 Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 AM

I also have been looking at this tv at Best Buy. My two choices to pick from are the 42" Insignia 120HZ and the Sony 42" KDL42EX440. The Sony would cost me about a $100 more than the Insignia NS-42E480A13. I would not mind paying the extra money if that meant i was a better quality set. Would appreciate any comments from members or anyone who has has experience between these two sets.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-08-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet View Post

Well unfortunately, you get what you pay for is really the best advice we can give you. Yes, the picture quality may be enough for you, however the tv will obviously be lacking in extra features and overall build quality/support. Insignia's are pretty much towards the lower end of quality sets you can get.

I wholeheartedly disagree. As the Best Buy store brand, Insignia has as good or better support than many "name brand" sets. For example, I had a Sony LCD that developed an issue about a year after purchase but not too far from the original warranty expiration. It took more than one try and the old "runaround" before I got them to really fix the issue and even though the first try at the same problem happened within the warranty period, they tried the old "warranty expired" tactic with me a week after I had gotten the set back from them (expired while they had it).

Conversely, I had an Insignia plasma that developed a line on the screen, which they told me to take back to Best Buy to send for repair. Within three days, they called and told me to go back to Best Buy and pick a new TV (of any brand).

Just saying, there are good and bad CS stories for every brand. At least Insignias are somewhat backed by Best Buy as that is the only place you can go to buy one.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Larrimore is right. Having a physical place of business in every city where you can go with your problem and talk to a person face to face is priceless.

Insignias are decent sets too.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page