Pic of my living room, best size TV for it? - AVS Forum
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Pic of my living room, best size TV for it?
Deadwoodz's Avatar Deadwoodz 02:14 AM 12-07-2012
We bought the house last year and completely renovated it. Getting all new furniture soon for the living room so I thought it was time to upgrade the old 42" Wega.

This great room is HUGE with cathedral ceilings but those 2 windows really messed up my plan for an 80" wink.gif I like this furniture set up because you can see the wood stove.

I have 71.5" inches between the two windows. I've narrowed it down to the Vizio 60" E601i-A3 (54" wide) or Vizio 65" M650VSE (60" wide). I'm scared the 65" will be too big either sitting on the furniture or hung on the wall but I really want the 65". What do you guys think?

residentgood's Avatar residentgood 06:19 AM 12-07-2012
The very important question to answer is "What will you watch on it?"

I have 46". When I watch full HD content I could watch it very close to tv, but when I watch low res video, or SD tv channels - I want to get far from it.
larrimore's Avatar larrimore 07:30 AM 12-07-2012
Sharp and others have a 70" that will fit.
myoda's Avatar myoda 08:34 AM 12-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwoodz View Post

We bought the house last year and completely renovated it. Getting all new furniture soon for the living room so I thought it was time to upgrade the old 42" Wega.
This great room is HUGE with cathedral ceilings but those 2 windows really messed up my plan for an 80" wink.gif I like this furniture set up because you can see the wood stove.
I have 71.5" inches between the two windows. I've narrowed it down to the Vizio 60" E601i-A3 (54" wide) or Vizio 65" M650VSE (60" wide). I'm scared the 65" will be too big either sitting on the furniture or hung on the wall but I really want the 65". What do you guys think?

I would go at least 70 for a room that size. From either Vizio or Sharp. For the money, the Vizio is a better value, but the Sharp has more accurate color, depending on the model. My 70LE847U is 63 inches across. If watching tv from side angles is important, a 65 inch plasma might deliver a better experience depending on your lighting in the room.. How far away are you sitting from your current set? Remember, you will gain at least another foot in depth back when you go to a flat panel. I sit about 12 feet away, and find it pretty comfortable. The center of the screen is at eye level. It's on a stand that's 18 inches tall. Upgrading from 46 to 65 or 70 inches might take you an hour to get used to. lol. Were you planning on adding a home theater setup? Have you thought about 3D as an option?

Deadwoodz's Avatar Deadwoodz 10:04 AM 12-07-2012
Nice set up. I was looking at the 70" Vizio at Walmart last night, it's definitely not out of the question but I was trying not to spend over $1500. We watch Netflix, hi def mp4/mkv movies, and I play xbox 360 occasionally, we don't even have basic cable. Plasma isn't an option because of windows; we have 2 skylights on the back ceiling and big cathedral windows on the side. Don't care about 3D or big surround system, I was planning on getting the Vizio VHT215 soundbar.

What you see in the picture is 12' back which is obviously too far for the current set up but it was temporary, so I would do 9'-12' with a 65" tv.

It's good to know that I can go up to 70" if I decide to spend a little more, thanks for the info guys.
Up
Mobile  Desktop