OFFICIAL SAMSUNG Auto Motion Plus Thread: Gimmick or Substance? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #61 of 65 Old 12-17-2015, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1793 Post(s)
Liked: 1626
I use clear on my JS9000 for everything except games which I make sure have AMP off. Clear doesn't have the smoothing soap opera effect and helps eliminate some of the judder that can happen when I watch a movie from a source other than 24p.

For some reason the JS9000 doesn't always do a proper 3:2 pull down when watching a movie from a 60p source like a PC, game console, or other set top box. Even the built in apps like netflix and amazon instant video can have a bit of judder at times.,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 12-24-2015, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
On my Samsung UN60D6420 the only AMP setting that works without producing weird stop/stutter/glitches is "Clear"....... OFF or any combination custom setting doesn't work without issues.

If OFF worked on my unit, it would be my setting of choice for sure.

That's interesting, I always thought that custom settings can reproduce clear, standard, smooth settings. So I used custom setting and it produced like you said weird stop/stutter/glitches mostly after scene changed. But I tried "Clear" setting and it really works without stutter, even custom setting at blur 0 and judder 0 produced stutter when tested (I'm using this test http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates-text)
post #63 of 65 Old 12-24-2015, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by novcze View Post
That's interesting, I always thought that custom settings can reproduce clear, standard, smooth settings. So I used custom setting and it produced like you said weird stop/stutter/glitches mostly after scene changed. But I tried "Clear" setting and it really works without stutter, even custom setting at blur 0 and judder 0 produced stutter when tested (I'm using this test http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates-text)
Yep, on my TV I have tried every combination of custom settings, for hours of testing, and that glitch/stutter was always there....... Even off too. I kept hoping for a firmware update to fix the issue, but nothing ever came and I'm sure there won't be any more support for a 6 year old unit.

That being said, the clear setting works great for all of my sources/material so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 BD ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon AVR-X3200W ~ SVS Prime Bookshelf L/R ~ SVS Prime Satellite Surrounds ~ MultEQ XT L/R Bypass ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #64 of 65 Old 12-24-2015, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Bone View Post
Yep, on my TV I have tried every combination of custom settings, for hours of testing, and that glitch/stutter was always there....... Even off too. I kept hoping for a firmware update to fix the issue, but nothing ever came and I'm sure there won't be any more support for a 6 year old unit.

That being said, the clear setting works great for all of my sources/material so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end.
AutoMotion+ from this year's TV behaves the same. Maybe someday we will have source with native high framerate and this interpolation crap will be thing of the past
post #65 of 65 Old 03-07-2016, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi guys !

I registered just to share my experience...

I solved the AMP issue on my TV... It's just that I don't really know how I did it.

I own a UE55F6100 I use mainly with a HTPC through a 5.1 AV receiver, all HDMI. I use MPC-HC + madVR + reclock and TV set in 24 Hz.

I had the same random stuttering issue with AMP, no matter the settings. "Clear" was the best working setting but not really ideal as it didn't really remove juddering.

After litteraly hours of meddling with the settings I updated the TV with the latest firmware and decided (mainly for fun) to have a look a the hidden Samsung factory menu. I meddled with these mostly obscure and undocumented settings a little bit but every time I changed an option I put it back the way it originally was, as I had absolutely no clue of what I was doing.

After a while I got bored and switched of the TV. When I turned it back on, all my settings (brightness, color, etc.) had been reset. At first I was pissed because I had to reconfigure my TV from scratch.

But then I tried to activate AMP with custom settings 4/4 and guess what ? IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM.

I've been experiencing a working AMP with smooth playback on custom settings and I have no idea how I did it...
D Bone and galonzo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un46es7500 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread