OFFICIAL SAMSUNG Auto Motion Plus Thread: Gimmick or Substance? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Let's have a discussion, please dont crucify me for my personal opinion and preferences. To each, its own. I will be objective and open the pro's and con's:

First of all, there is nothing wrong with your TV or Equipment if you see LAG. The Lag is normal if you have the auto motion plus "ON".

Honestly I think the whole "SMOOTHING EFFECT" is a big gimmick...It displays content in a way it was NEVER MEANT to be shown, especially movies...I bet movie directors hate it.

Now to each its own. If you like the smoothing effect, expect to get the LAG...you cant have your cake and eat it too...It's the nature of the beast.

To understand how this feature works, it's helpful to first understand the difference between film and television technologies. While films are shot using 24 image frames per second, television sets are designed to show 30 image frames per second. In order to show movies on films on a home television set, the TV must repeat a portion of images from the film, which can lead to image clarity issues.

Samsung models with Auto Motion Plus do not repeat frames in the same manner as traditional TVs. Instead, the Auto Motion software creates its own additional images(INTERPOLATION) in order to show 30 unique frames per second. The software estimates where objects should be located on the screen at a specific point in time based on their locations in related frames. Using this software, Auto Motion Plus creates six additional frames per second to smooth out the picture quality for viewers.

Personally, I keep it on "CLEAR" setting all the time, I never see any lag!

When playing PS3 games, I always have it on "SMOOTH" with never any lag...but when watching bluray movies(24p) on the PS3 i switch back to "CLEAR".
EndeaverouX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 49 Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
doesn't anyone here find the smoothing effect annoying?
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #3 of 49 Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
sodaboy581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Concord, California
Posts: 769
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I've always found the motion smoothing effect annoying, unless I'm playing certain video games that don't require precise timing.

I do the same as yourself, though, enable a "Clear" setting that provides increased motion resolution without introducing the Soap Opera Effect, for most of my viewing. Only enabling the SOE for RPG games and the like. (SOE is nice on fighting games and FPS games, but the input lag goes through the roof then. "Game" mode all day for those types of games.)

Current HT setup:

Samsung UN65F6300 65" LCD HDTV, Polk CS20 Center, 2x Polk Monitor 75T Fronts, 2x Polk TSI300 Backs, Polk PSW110 Subwoofer.

sodaboy581 is offline  
post #4 of 49 Old 01-07-2013, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
KLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 1,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I love it myself and I prefer AMP to the others I have seen.
KLee is offline  
post #5 of 49 Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 View Post

I've always found the motion smoothing effect annoying, unless I'm playing certain video games that don't require precise timing.
I do the same as yourself, though, enable a "Clear" setting that provides increased motion resolution without introducing the Soap Opera Effect, for most of my viewing. Only enabling the SOE for RPG games and the like. (SOE is nice on fighting games and FPS games, but the input lag goes through the roof then. "Game" mode all day for those types of games.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLee View Post

I love it myself and I prefer AMP to the others I have seen.

So this is what I do:

when I watch bluray movies on my ps3 i use the "CLEAR" setting....when playing games on my PS3 i use the "SMOOTH" setting....
when watching regular tv with my hd box...I use the CLEAR setting....

I personally dont like the fake interpolation nonsense...I like to watch movies the way the director intended to be in A PURE UNALTERED 24fps.....

Lastly, isnt it ironic that the "SMOOTH" setting can actually make the image choppy and skip frames...defeats the whole purpose.... watching a bluray disc in SMOOTH setting will cause to skip, chop, cut, lag the whole experience....HENCE a GIMMICK IMHO....
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #6 of 49 Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Newbie
 
SteamRollerCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a quick question...

Does Automotion Plus let out the 240hz out of the TV? How does it relate to the motion rate?
SteamRollerCC is offline  
post #7 of 49 Old 01-17-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamRollerCC View Post

Just a quick question...

Does Automotion Plus let out the 240hz out of the TV? How does it relate to the motion rate?

I think your question might be better answered with the following articles, let me know if you have any further questions

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-auto-motion-plus.htm

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=167385&modelname=LN46C750R2F&modelcode=
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #8 of 49 Old 01-19-2013, 05:02 AM
Member
 
fwdkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry but I hate auto motion plus I like motion blur better than judder crap.im selling my samsung un55es6150f and picking up a sony kdl-55ex640 again I made a bad mistake clear motion rate 240hz is anoying as hell .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
fwdkiller is offline  
post #9 of 49 Old 01-19-2013, 05:05 AM
Member
 
fwdkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh by the way if u have auto motion feature its actually a 60hz tv not 120hz .cmr is a gimmick im never buying a tv newer than 2011 unless it actually has 120hz refresh rate and not cmr 120.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
fwdkiller is offline  
post #10 of 49 Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkiller View Post

Oh by the way if u have auto motion feature its actually a 60hz tv not 120hz .cmr is a gimmick im never buying a tv newer than 2011 unless it actually has 120hz refresh rate and not cmr 120.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

double post... eek.gif

anyway, dont take this the wrong way my friend, but the es6150 is not a high end HDTV...is one of samsung's mid entry tv's. You cant judge all samsung tv's by the es6150....

you get what you pay for...comparing samsung and sony is like apples and oranges....

if you would of had a es7500 or es8000..you would be loving them..... wink.gif
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #11 of 49 Old 01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Newbie
 
patstock11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hoping to keep this thread going. I notice if I set AMP to off and then set my bluray player to 24p I see no difference at all. Movie looks normal as ever, which leads me to believe it is slight gimmicky and when set to off it is indeed operating at 60hz. With the player at 24p and amp off credits seem glitch, any amp preset turned on makes credits smooth.

I was under the impression that with amp set off it should run @120hz and set on should be 240? That's what they lead me to believe.

BTW I have a un46eh6000 led Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
patstock11 is offline  
post #12 of 49 Old 01-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Member
 
fwdkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkiller View Post

Oh by the way if u have auto motion feature its actually a 60hz tv not 120hz .cmr is a gimmick im never buying a tv newer than 2011 unless it actually has 120hz refresh rate and not cmr 120.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

double post... eek.gif

anyway, dont take this the wrong way my friend, but the es6150 is not a high end HDTV...is one of samsung's mid entry tv's. You cant judge all samsung tv's by the es6150....

you get what you pay for...comparing samsung and sony is like apples and oranges....

if you would of had a es7500 or es8000..you would be loving them..... wink.gif
sorry but umissed the point of the post lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
fwdkiller is offline  
post #13 of 49 Old 01-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Member
 
fwdkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh by the way the high end tv has that clear motion crap that I dont want .I rather buy an older tv from 2008 with 120hz motion blur than these new sets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
fwdkiller is offline  
post #14 of 49 Old 01-21-2013, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkiller View Post

Oh by the way the high end tv has that clear motion crap that I dont want .I rather buy an older tv from 2008 with 120hz motion blur than these new sets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I dont think is called motion blur.....lol....its called picture refresh rate.....if you are gonna buy and older set...at least buy a high end model.....the 2011 samsung es8000 is nice....you probably can get a nice used set....

u are not gonna find a new set thats 2 years old in mint condition....very hard to find....
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #15 of 49 Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Member
 
fwdkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkiller View Post

Oh by the way the high end tv has that clear motion crap that I dont want .I rather buy an older tv from 2008 with 120hz motion blur than these new sets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I dont think is called motion blur.....lol....its called picture refresh rate.....if you are gonna buy and older set...at least buy a high end model.....the 2011 samsung es8000 is nice....you probably can get a nice used set....

u are not gonna find a new set thats 2 years old in mint condition....very hard to find....
actually its called motion blur with 120hz tv and I had kdl55ex640 its a 2012 model and it had motion blur but sony its called motion flow and this judder cmr240 isnt the same effect .why would I buy a high end tv when it has cmr or trumotion crap .im selling my tv so I can buy a sony ex640 .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
fwdkiller is offline  
post #16 of 49 Old 01-22-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkiller View Post

actually its called motion blur with 120hz tv and I had kdl55ex640 its a 2012 model and it had motion blur but sony its called motion flow and this judder cmr240 isnt the same effect .why would I buy a high end tv when it has cmr or trumotion crap .im selling my tv so I can buy a sony ex640 .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ok brother...good luck...
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #17 of 49 Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Member
 
TMallory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using it for when I watch basketball games, that's about it
TMallory is offline  
post #18 of 49 Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMallory View Post

I'm using it for when I watch basketball games, that's about it

me too..during football games...but other than that...i leave it on clear...
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #19 of 49 Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
 
johncourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I recently demo'ed vizio's version of frame interpolation.

I love it. LOVE it. The motion blur and judder is largely eliminated. The clarity improves by a huge margin.

Now, for some side effects/downsides:

-the obviousness and amount of artifacting was really overboard. Ghosting in particular, likely due to incorrect guesses about new frames? was very obvious and distracting.

-the motion, say of people walking, looks very strange. It's almost like they're floating, rather than walking.


I don't know if these artifacts and problems were due to the fact that the frame interpolation was maxed out on the vizio set, however. Perhaps lower settings would have eliminated these issues.

I can say that motion blur is greatly reduced and clarity takes a huge jump. Frame interpolation works. Set it too high and motion looks artificial and the amount of artifacts goes through the roof.
johncourt is offline  
post #20 of 49 Old 01-23-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncourt View Post

I recently demo'ed vizio's version of frame interpolation.

I love it. LOVE it. The motion blur and judder is largely eliminated. The clarity improves by a huge margin.

Now, for some side effects/downsides:

-the obviousness and amount of artifacting was really overboard. Ghosting in particular, likely due to incorrect guesses about new frames? was very obvious and distracting.

-the motion, say of people walking, looks very strange. It's almost like they're floating, rather than walking.


I don't know if these artifacts and problems were due to the fact that the frame interpolation was maxed out on the vizio set, however. Perhaps lower settings would have eliminated these issues.

I can say that motion blur is greatly reduced and clarity takes a huge jump. Frame interpolation works. Set it too high and motion looks artificial and the amount of artifacts goes through the roof.

it happens on every brand of tv to some extent...every time there is interpolation involved, you are gonna get fakeness, choppiness, lag, skipping, etc...its the nature of the technology, its not bullet proof...YET...
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #21 of 49 Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
 
arenaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eng-er-land
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Motion Plus switched off is the only way I can totally eliminate blurring. Motion Plus and LED MP both off work best for me
EndeaverouX likes this.

Panasonic TXP65VT65B, Samsung BD-C5900, HT-D455, DA-E670, Galaxy S4, Iphone 5, 10.1" Tab 2. SKY HD. Atollo LED light strips, Philips Living Colours Lamp, Harmony One Remote.
arenaman is offline  
post #22 of 49 Old 01-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
johncourt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

it happens on every brand of tv to some extent...every time there is interpolation involved, you are gonna get fakeness, choppiness, lag, skipping, etc...its the nature of the technology, its not bullet proof...YET...

Yeah I certainly can't give definitive statements after viewing one FI set for 5 minutes. smile.gif I've read that you can set these settings to a low or intermediate setting to reduce artifacts.

Even with the artifacts, I was still amazed by the improvement in clarity and smoothness. It does look like the hobbit with HFR.

My question is: how is it possible to change the setting of frame interpolation? I thought frame interpolation simply doubled the frame rate of the existing source, say from 24 to 48 or from 30 to 60? Do higher settings add even more frames, say from 24 to 72?

edit: btw, the vizio was a 552 model, I believe, a 55" inch set with a weird soundbar glued to the bottom if I recall. The PQ was fantastic and the price was very low, at around $600. If it didn't have that strange looking device glued on, and if the FI looked a little less artificial, I would buy it.
johncourt is offline  
post #23 of 49 Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncourt View Post

Yeah I certainly can't give definitive statements after viewing one FI set for 5 minutes. smile.gif I've read that you can set these settings to a low or intermediate setting to reduce artifacts.

Even with the artifacts, I was still amazed by the improvement in clarity and smoothness. It does look like the hobbit with HFR.

My question is: how is it possible to change the setting of frame interpolation? I thought frame interpolation simply doubled the frame rate of the existing source, say from 24 to 48 or from 30 to 60? Do higher settings add even more frames, say from 24 to 72?

edit: btw, the vizio was a 552 model, I believe, a 55" inch set with a weird soundbar glued to the bottom if I recall. The PQ was fantastic and the price was very low, at around $600. If it didn't have that strange looking device glued on, and if the FI looked a little less artificial, I would buy it.

I dont think you read my very 1st post here on this thread...here's your answer on how interpolation works:

To understand how this feature works, it's helpful to first understand the difference between film and television technologies. While films are shot using 24 image frames per second, television sets are designed to show 30 image frames per second. In order to show movies on films on a home television set, the TV must repeat a portion of images from the film, which can lead to image clarity issues.

Samsung models with Auto Motion Plus do not repeat frames in the same manner as traditional TVs. Instead, the Auto Motion software creates its own additional images(INTERPOLATION) in order to show 30 unique frames per second. The software estimates where objects should be located on the screen at a specific point in time based on their locations in related frames. Using this software, Auto Motion Plus creates six additional frames per second to smooth out the picture quality for viewers.

Hope this helps you understand better brother biggrin.gif
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #24 of 49 Old 01-23-2013, 11:31 PM
Member
 
fwdkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncourt View Post

Yeah I certainly can't give definitive statements after viewing one FI set for 5 minutes. smile.gif I've read that you can set these settings to a low or intermediate setting to reduce artifacts.

Even with the artifacts, I was still amazed by the improvement in clarity and smoothness. It does look like the hobbit with HFR.

My question is: how is it possible to change the setting of frame interpolation? I thought frame interpolation simply doubled the frame rate of the existing source, say from 24 to 48 or from 30 to 60? Do higher settings add even more frames, say from 24 to 72?

edit: btw, the vizio was a 552 model, I believe, a 55" inch set with a weird soundbar glued to the bottom if I recall. The PQ was fantastic and the price was very low, at around $600. If it didn't have that strange looking device glued on, and if the FI looked a little less artificial, I would buy it.

I dont think you read my very 1st post here on this thread...here's your answer on how interpolation works:

To understand how this feature works, it's helpful to first understand the difference between film and television technologies. While films are shot using 24 image frames per second, television sets are designed to show 30 image frames per second. In order to show movies on films on a home television set, the TV must repeat a portion of images from the film, which can lead to image clarity issues.

Samsung models with Auto Motion Plus do not repeat frames in the same manner as traditional TVs. Instead, the Auto Motion software creates its own additional images(INTERPOLATION) in order to show 30 unique frames per second. The software estimates where objects should be located on the screen at a specific point in time based on their locations in related frames. Using this software, Auto Motion Plus creates six additional frames per second to smooth out the picture quality for viewers.

Hope this helps you understand better brother biggrin.gif

Like I said auto motion plus sucks i rather have motion flow on sony its has better cinema display and it true 120hz refresh rate , tv's with automotion plus are 60hz tv I know the different I use to to have an older samsung 07 model lnt it had motion setting of off, low, standard, and high.now new tv's today have clear motion rate 120 or 240 which is 60hz tv with setting of auto motion plus at blur reduction 1-10 and judder reduction 1-10 .I wonder what happen to these older television with motion blur 120hz . I had to sell my unes556150 for 800$ and paid 300 extra for a sony kdl55ex621 .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
fwdkiller is offline  
post #25 of 49 Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
Member
 
limitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
limitz is offline  
post #26 of 49 Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkiller View Post

Like I said auto motion plus sucks i rather have motion flow on sony its has better cinema display and it true 120hz refresh rate , tv's with automotion plus are 60hz tv I know the different I use to to have an older samsung 07 model lnt it had motion setting of off, low, standard, and high.now new tv's today have clear motion rate 120 or 240 which is 60hz tv with setting of auto motion plus at blur reduction 1-10 and judder reduction 1-10 .I wonder what happen to these older television with motion blur 120hz . I had to sell my unes556150 for 800$ and paid 300 extra for a sony kdl55ex621 .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

you cant compare a ES 6150 model to a ES 8000 model... no offense.. the es6150 sucks on offense....

its a mid entry level tv you can buy at any local ghetto walmart... its apples and oranges...

maybe you should have gotten the es7500 or es8000 top tier tv's... you cant judge a brand by getting their lower priced crappy tv's.

Get the high end model 1st and then make a proper fair and balanced assessement....

keep it real.... cool.gif
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #27 of 49 Old 03-11-2013, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

you cant compare a ES 6150 model to a ES 8000 model... no offense.. the es6150 sucks on offense....

its a mid entry level tv you can buy at any local ghetto walmart... its apples and oranges...

maybe you should have gotten the es7500 or es8000 top tier tv's... you cant judge a brand by getting their lower priced crappy tv's.

Get the high end model 1st and then make a proper fair and balanced assessement....

keep it real.... cool.gif
That's rude... mad.gif
BoilerJim is offline  
post #28 of 49 Old 03-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Member
 
demo23019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
There are other way of getting point across, acting like an arrogant douche isn't one of them.

Yea AMP is a gimmick 60hz + AMP dont make your TV 120/240hz
demo23019 is offline  
post #29 of 49 Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
EndeaverouX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

That's rude... mad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo23019 View Post

There are other way of getting point across, acting like an arrogant douche isn't one of them.

Let's put this into perspective...

before you guys start judging me, let me just let you guys know that "fwdkiller" has been warned by several moderators here in this forum several times before. He goes trolling around from thread to thread starting fiascos and arguments with everyone.

A lot of his posts have been deleted by moderators due to being beligerent and down right racist to us fellow AVR followers. I still have a lot of his "Explicit Private Messages" saved in here if you don't believe me...

So you guys can call it rude or whatever you feel like it... But this gentleman has been warned before, not by me, but by the authorities in here.

I call it tough love... Hopefully I have put everything in a bit more context for you guys. Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone! wink.gif
EndeaverouX is offline  
post #30 of 49 Old 03-13-2013, 05:02 AM
Member
 
BMWBig6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So last night I was watching different recorded programs and the NBC shows like The Office and Parks & Recreation seemed to look bad at default settings. Here is Samsung's description of each Auto Motion Plus setting:
Quote:
Auto Motion Plus Settings

Off

Switches Auto Motion Plus (interpolation) off

Clear
Sets Auto Motion Plus to (low) blur reduction, (high) judder reduction.

Standard
Sets Auto Motion Plus to (medium) blur reduction, (medium) judder reduction.

Smooth
Sets Auto Motion Plus to (high) blur reduction, (low) judder reduction.

Custom
You can set blur and judder reduction to your personal preference.

Demo
Displays the difference between Auto Motion Plus 240Hz on and off modes. The screen after applying “Auto Motion Plus 120Hz” appears on the left.

I played with the different modes and Smooth looked the worst because it uses the least judder reduction (choppy movement where intermediate frames were visible). Clear was the best in terms of judder reduction (movement looked natural) but the picture was softest. Note that these problems were only noted on NBC programs. At the default Standard setting, programs on FOX, ABC, HBO, etc. look fine.

Has anybody tried a custom setting, with both high blur reduction and high judder reduction? Is there a reason Samsung programs the available modes in opposing ways (high blur and low judder or low blur and high judder, but not both at high)? I'm guessing I won't like the picture and it's a case of not being able to have my cake and eat it too.
BMWBig6 is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un46es7500 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Samsung Un65es8000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off