Video Upscaling Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The M650VSE arrived (and I will keep it - it is a winner). I will wait to post my expanded thoughts about the set until I have had it for a while.

In reading this forum I have not found anyone who has posted anything about using a receiver (or an Oppo deck) to upscale Analog and/or HDMI inputs to 1080p that this set brilliantly displays. My Dish signal comes in at 1080i, and it is ridiculous the number of ways my girls get Netflix inputed into the set (including the set itself) but am I getting the best I can get in picture quality?

Being one of those people who spend (probably to much) money to get that extra 5% of improvement, has anybody done any video upscaling with an external device, and if so, is it worth it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 90
your display will do all of the scaling/deinterlacing you need... it has to, it has no choice except to display in its native resolution...

in "real world viewing" unless you have a "big display" (i.e. 100" or more) and view it from relatively close, the great majority of "modern displays" have scaling/deinterlacing that is transparent to the user...

"specific upgraded processing" was a big deal 5 or more years ago... today, not so much... it's a commodity item...

your next step would be to a lumagen radiance (which is what i use)... on a "big" screen, the scaling makes a small difference... however, that's about 1% of the usage of an external processor... most of us purchased external processors for the cms (as well as other goodies)...

bottom line... don't worry, be happy... hook up everything, let the display process, and enjoy...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page