Element 70" LED LCD: Anyone Seen It? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Costco is selling this 70" Element ELEFWC701J for $1499 right now (Dec 9-21), but I believe it is only available online, not on display in their stores. Walmart has it (with a different model # ELEFW705) online for about $100 more, but again, I didn't find it in their store. So what gives? Is this a set that needs to only be sold sight unseen? Has anyone seen one on display? The specs do not specify but it is so thick at 3.3" that it may well have a back-lit LED array, which would be a plus. This company, Element, is making a lot of mileage out of the fact that they are assembling all of their larger sets in the U.S., but as much as I'd like to support that effort, it's going to have to be picture quality that closes the deal for me.

I really want to move up in size from our 52" Samsung LNT5265, which is still going strong, but I don't want to take a hit on picture quality to make this move. I had my eye on the 70" Sharp LC70LE640U, which looks fine to me, but if I can save another $500 by going with the Element and get an equivalent picture quality, then I'm all for that.

I know Costco will take this set back if I don't like it, but I would prefer not to abuse their policy by making an informed buying decision. So I'm look for whatever I can find to support that decision. Reviews? Impressions? A store where I can see it (in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Any help will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-12-2012, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I might add that the Element Electronics website was no help at all. It is a work in progress with many missing pieces and dead ends. I went there to find out if the 70" LED TV is backlit (since it is so thick). They don't even list this unit in their published product line, so forget any specifications. I then looked for contact information in order to call or write them to find out where I might be able to see this TV on display at any retailer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but there was no way provided to reach them. If these omissions are any indication of the quality of their products, I'm not inclined to be one of their customers.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page