AVS Forum banner

Vizio color issue

436 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Michael2000 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Have a bit of a puzzle here.

I have a Vizio VX37L that the color is off on – the best I can describe it is that lighter colors have bright spots towards the center of the area of color. This happens using a cable box (Xfinity / Motorola RNG200N).

I’ve tried:

“Reset All Settings”

Change to different HDMI cable

Change to different HDMI input

Change to Component input

None of this has changed the issue

If I connect the cable box to another TV via the same HDMI cable, it looks fine.

However, the weird part is that if I connect a Bluray player (same HDMI cable, same HDMI input) to the Vizio, it looks fine.

I’m at a loss for what my next step would be – any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

See less See more
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggles  /t/1445519/vizio-color-issue#post_22707622

Hi All,

Have a bit of a puzzle here.

I have a Vizio VX37L that the color is off on – the best I can describe it is that lighter colors have bright spots towards the center of the area of color. This happens using a cable box (Xfinity / Motorola RNG200N).

I’ve tried:

“Reset All Settings”

Change to different HDMI cable

Change to different HDMI input

Change to Component input

None of this has changed the issue

If I connect the cable box to another TV via the same HDMI cable, it looks fine.

However, the weird part is that if I connect a Bluray player (same HDMI cable, same HDMI input) to the Vizio, it looks fine.

I’m at a loss for what my next step would be – any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Have you looked at the settings of the cable box? Does it run at the same resolution on the other TV?

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.