UNESXX7100 vs UNESXX8000 basic value question on upgrading - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-17-2012, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have neither TV, but have pretty much settled on 1 of the 2. I have read through most of both threads and I just have a basic question and that is...

If i don't care about upgrading, a camera on my TV or being able to speak to my TV and i intend on calibrating either purchase. Is there a noticeable or difference in panel quality or picture quality when watching mainly Blu Ray or Streaming? I am being told by my local retailor that all i am gaining is bells and whistles. Any help would be appreciated. Even it is to point me to the right thread.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-17-2012, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sg321 View Post

I have neither TV, but have pretty much settled on 1 of the 2. I have read through most of both threads and I just have a basic question and that is...
If i don't care about upgrading, a camera on my TV or being able to speak to my TV and i intend on calibrating either purchase. Is there a noticeable or difference in panel quality or picture quality when watching mainly Blu Ray or Streaming? I am being told by my local retailor that all i am gaining is bells and whistles. Any help would be appreciated. Even it is to point me to the right thread.
Thanks

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's just bells and whistles (of a mostly useless kind IMO) other than for better micro-dimming (but not everyone like that so....). To me going above the 7100 didn't appear to be worth it, but I could be wrong. Maybe the higher models get better panels on avg???? Hopefully not.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks skibum, i am all about saving money and think i am goiing to pull the trigger this week on 1 of these 2. I just don't want not spend the extra cheddar if i'm gaining noticeable picture quality. I'm leaning toward buying the 7100 and using the extra 1,000.00 toward a good sound bar and mounting bracket for the TV on my wall. Much appreciation for the reply
post #4 of 6 Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 AM

Liked: 16
I was all set to get the 7100 and placed an order for one. Then, best buy had a sale, which brought the 8000's price down to match the 7100. So, I ended up getting the 8000. I did have a chance to compare them side by side. PQ appears the same when watching Blurays. Smart TV features: Here's where the 8000 outshines the 7100. Browsing, YouTube and everything else loads and performs faster /better. I'm guessing this is due to the 8000's dual core CPU.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabesh View Post

I was all set to get the 7100 and placed an order for one. Then, best buy had a sale, which brought the 8000's price down to match the 7100. So, I ended up getting the 8000. I did have a chance to compare them side by side. PQ appears the same when watching Blurays. Smart TV features: Here's where the 8000 outshines the 7100. Browsing, YouTube and everything else loads and performs faster /better. I'm guessing this is due to the 8000's dual core CPU.

Nope - 7100 and 8000 have the same dual core processor...or at least Samsung has them listed as having the same. Samsung does not provide specific CPU or hardware specifications unfortunately.

I've done a demo between them and ended up with the 7100. For the most part, the actual panels are the same (based on panel type) as well as my visual comparison. I really was not interested in the video camera and hand gesture controls....so it was a no brainer to save a few hundred bucks +...

The 7500 and 8000 does have different "better?" dimming and a slightly higher refresh rate (CMR) although they are all 240hz native panels.
post #6 of 6 Old 12-18-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

So, if processors are the same, i'm assuming streaming issues would be the same on both machines as far as buffering goes? I plan on getting the WoW disc and calibrating either one. Heck going from my Toshiba 32AV502R i'm thinking i can't go wrong. Thanks again for all the replies. If anyone can find a reason i should not go with the 7100, let this fool know.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page