Toshiba 65HT2U AND GTX550 problems... please help me figure this out! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so I am by far no newb to the electronics scene. I have been building my own pc's and modding game consoles for 10-15 years. I fix tv's and I am all of my friends and relatives go to guy for computer and electronic needs, It has been years since I had to come to a forum for advice but I am stumped. I believe in due time I would figure it out but I am aggravated and ready to be done with this! Heres the deal

I bought a new TV yesterday... it is a toshiba 65HT2U. I already used my pc on my previous tv which is a mitsubishi wd-73737. I use a Nvidia GTX550TI with a dvi to hdmi adapter. So I move my old tv. Bring the new one in. Hook the hdmi up and turn it on, put it on the proper hdmi input channel and nothing, not video signal. Seeing that these are both big tv's I wanted to avoid moving them around again to test the pc on the mitsubishi again, after checking all my connections and remembering I had once had a bent pin in the dvi adapter I got to looking at it and wound up making it worst, SO i bought anew adapter. Hooked everything back up and sitll didnt work. I hooked the tv up through the vga port and it worked fine, but proper resolutions arent supported through the vga and obviously it requires the auxillary sound wires which is an extra hassle. So far I have replaced the hdmi adapter. restarted the pc hundreds of times. Reformatted and updated all video drivers, etc. I am currently using the pc with a monitor and having no problems with it but the tv refuses to accept it. I have used and xbox 360 and ps3 on the tv via the same hdmi port with no problems, and have tried the pc on all 3 hdmi ports on the tv. I have adjusted resolution and swapped from 60hz to vairous other settings. and returned all back to default. I know the computer is fine, and its some kind of setting with the tv. In fact im not impressed with the tv. I watched a bluray today with all stock settiongs in tv and ps3 and it was like watching a play, just seemed very poor quality despite the great detail in the image quality, it was due to the image stabilizer settings being set on high on the tv from the factory somehow it affected the hole movie. If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing my issue with this tv I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. K.C.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Toshiba 65ht2u 65 Inches Lcd Tv 16 9 1080p 120 Hz
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page