Video drop out, sound remains - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-21-2012, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung UN55B8500 LED tv hooked up to a pioneer receiver, that is pulling my AT&T Uverse signal via HDMI and sending the feed to the TV.

Every so often, the video will drop out, but the audio will remain. After a couple of seconds, the picture comes back. There are no signal input messages, just video drops out and comes back. One odd thing is, the backlighting doesn't go black when the video drops out (the TV has local dimming). It stays fully lit, which I can tell by the clouding when the picture is all black. That makes me think the TV believes there's is something to display though it isn't showing anything. Typically, no signal or black means a pitch black screen.

I haven't noticed this on blurays, but we watch a lot more TV than movies. It may just be due to the infrequency of the drop outs, not happening when a movie is on.

I had to replace the power supply (surprise surprise on a Samsung) several months ago. I don't recall this happening until I did that, but did start shortly after. Is this potentially the TV, or is it a coincidence that is more likely an HDMI handshake issue? This doesn't really happen often enough where I have been able to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-22-2012, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bump please.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page