TCL 48" won't turn on - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-21-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
48" TCL LED
I was watching the TV, when it suddenly powered off. I tried to turn it on with the Comcast remote, it's own remote, and the power button on the TV itself. Nothing. The orange light in the bottom right corner stays on indicating it is getting power. I unplugged the TV, left it that way for about 15min, plugged it back in and it still won't turn on. Any idea what's up with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 03:32 PM

My TCL will not turn on some times. Usually about every 3 months or so. But, but, All I do is unplug it and plug it back in and it works..
How old is yours, mine is about a year old, maybe something mine will be start doing!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

It's less than 1 month old. I've tried the Comcast remote, the TCL remote, the physical on/off button on the TV, unplugged and disconnected everything and hooked it all up again. The orange light comes back on showing I have power, but it still won't turn on.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Unfortunately that problem is not uncommon with cheaper brands like that.

Since you say it's only one month old, it should still have 11 months left in the warranty. Contact the manufacturer to see what kind of repair/replacement solutions they offer.