Where can one find well reviewed LCD tvs in Canada? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-23-2012, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This month I've been trying to find a new LCD TV in the 40 to 50 inch range. When doing research online I have found a problem: pretty much every well reviewed set on sites like CNET seem to be unavailable at any Canadian retailer. I decided to go the opposite route and just go to the websites of the major Canadian retailers (Best Buy Canada, Future Shop, Visions, Wal-Mart Canada, etc) and search for reviews for the tvs they do sell. Pretty much every set I looked up showed either no reviews from sites I would trust, or reviews that ranged in the "This set is kind of average but highly flawed" range. Canada does sell Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Sharp, LG brands (Non-refurbished Vizios seem to be nowhere to be found in this country), just seemingly none of their most well reviewed sets.

I'm just wondering, as a Canadian, why do none of the sets that get high marks from review sites seem to be available here, and where can I purchase them? It's been aggravating to spend hours and hours trying to find one LCD in my size range that is backed up by good reputable reviews, and to come up with nothing to show for it. I hope you can help.

Thanks in advance
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page