^^^^ if you're going to quote somebody, at least put it in quotes wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 11-22-2013, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Everybody, sorry for not replying after I managed to calibrate the TV (With Disney WOW), months ago.

These are my settings. I have ran the config in 2 different rooms, with different ambient and artificial lights and every time they come out almost the same way so these should be spot on.

Image attached,

EDIT: Wow, lousy phone picture but the setting are Good.
post #33 of 50 Old 11-23-2013, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 235
To be clear, again, using a disk alone does not calibrate your tv. The best you can do is accurately adjust your settings, which, in a lot of cases is all you need. To calibrate your tv, you need to use light meters and software to adjust your settings to the established Rec. 709 video standards. You can attempt to use someone else's settings but if they don't work, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your tv. What you are seeing is the variability in component tolerances, the panel type, firmware, and viewing conditions. No two tv's are exactly the same even if they are the same model and build number.
post #34 of 50 Old 11-23-2013, 12:27 PM

Liked: 10

well i beg to differ cause we have to the piooner kuro pro 111fd and the only thing off on that was tint bring tint down to -25 and everything came into line and we didnt have to desaturate we didnt lose any color res so you dont need 3000 dollar stuff that they use you just need to put tint at its correct setting of -25 cause every set that goes red yellow then green is off from the factory defalt of in the middle cause its to much green push so bring it back to its correct setting of - 25 for what we have now which is 8 bit color cause we just watched the movie charlie st cloud and everything spot on and if you dont belive me put it in for yourselves take kuro for example only thing thats off is tint so you bring tint down to its correct setting of -25 and all our color comes into line to blend in making it the same color which is the whole trick behind the game of our quality so dont belive factory morons cause there wrong what they messed up in the whole thing was tint they never had tint on its correct setting of -25 so then all our color comes into line and blends in the same so you dont have to desaturate and you dont lose any color res ps i watched home alone 2 to in 1080p and once you fixed tint on its correct setting of -25 everything came into line perfect color blended in the same so you dont have to desaturate and you dont lose any color res

post #35 of 50 Old 11-23-2013, 12:38 PM

and i used the best hdmi cable out today gold plated and everything spent 60 bucks you know like i do the high speed ones with what we have now 1080p and support for 4k but only at 30 hertz and i have 2 of them one for our panasonic and piooner kuro and after putting tint on its correct setting of -25 they all tuned up perfect so you don't have to desaturate and you dont lose any color so if you want perfect 709/6500k you have to put tint at its correct setting -25 and make sure your sure color temp is on warm and then everything else comes out perfect dont belive me do it for yourselves

post #36 of 50 Old 11-23-2013, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

One, there are only two kinds of HDMi cable, Standard and High Speed. Either one can be active or passive. If you buy Certified High Speed HDMI cable from a reputable dealer such as Monoprice, Blue Jean, etc. you shouldn't have to pay too much. If you spent $60 on a 10' cable, you got ripped. Gold plating and all the other marketing stuff has no discernible visual difference in most cases unless your original cable happened to be a bad cable. Most people just buy Certified High Speed (certified for up to 25') and be done with it because it meets all current and future specs for the meantime. Personally, i use Redmere cables because I like the thin, flexible cable and the fact that there is no strain on the HDMI input at all.

Setting your tint at -25 may be fine for your tv but that doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone else who has your model. It may look great to you but until you can spec it out against the Rec. 709 standards you have no way of knowing that it is truly calibrated to that standard. Hence your tv is not calibrated only adjusted to your liking.

TV mfrs never calibrate their tv's to the Rec. 709 standard before shipping to the warehouses. They put them in default (torch mode) and let the consumer decide if that looks good or not. Everyone's taste is different. It's not uncommon though to get a tv (especially the higher end models) that look fantastic right out of the box. A lot of early Kuro's had a red push that could only really be corrected by calibrating with light meters and software.
post #37 of 50 Old 12-13-2013, 06:25 PM

Hey guys here's the final settings for my tv the panasonic tcl42e5 100 percent no need to touch it anymore done backlight 25, contrast 95, brightness 35,color 50 , tint - 25, sharpness 0 , color temp warm color mgmt on , ai picture on cats off video nr off black level dark for brighter modes and for movie mode backlight 25, contrast 95, brightness 45, color 50, tint - 25, sharpness 0, color temp warm, color mgmt on , ai picture off, cats off , video nr off, black level dark and that's it 100 percent no need to touch it anymore done calibrated enjoy everyone and last thing make sure to set player to full color output rgb color and then your done enjoy your calibrated screen and one last thing guys set rgb range to non standard for all modes then it calibrates up spot on 100 percent rec 709 see non standard goes through the whole dynamic range of our 8 bits all the 256 steps then you get it 100 percent so thats it enjoy your calibrated screen no need to touch it anymore these are the final settings guys meaning once you put these in your never have to touch it anymore now so enjoy ps just watched meet joe black 1080p and spot on and indapendance day 1080p and godfather trilogy 1080p spot on to so enjoy

post #38 of 50 Old 12-13-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Special Member

You're funny. It would be best to post your settings either as an attachment or as a list so others can easily see what you've done. You still don't say how you "calibrated" your tv.
post #39 of 50 Old 12-17-2013, 06:09 AM

well i went in by eye and looked at everything and saw if they were the same color or not and stuff like that and on every set that has tint going red yellow green  in that order is wrong in the middle cause its to much green and we have not only panasonic tcl 42e5 but the kuro pro 111fd and only things that were off on that were tint and dre picture see dre picture like non standard on the panasonic go through the whole dynamic range of our 8 bits all the 256 steps so for kuro its mid setting for the dynamic range and - 25 for tint then all our 8 bit color blends in the same matches up the same and warm color temp on panasonic and on kuro its low color temp and black level on its correct setting of dark and the cut off point for our black level on brighter modes 35-40 is what you stay in and for movie mode 40-45 for panasonic and for kuro every mode is 0 never go above 0 on kuro and both kuro and panasonic are - 25 for cause see i did a test i thought to myself i wonder if tint is the same on kuro like it is on panasonic and turns out it is cause hooked up my lg bd630 on our kuro to and the factory setting of in the middle  was the same as panasonic to much green meaning the audio speaker graphic in the settings of the lgbd630 was to much green and that ruins your overall color skins to green and everything so tick it down to the point were the speaker graphic becomes gold again then all our color comes into line all our color is the same everything looks the same color the way they are supposed to look in our 8 bits so every set that goes red yellow green in tint in that order is wrong in the middle -25 is the correct setting for all of them ex: it was the correct for panasonic then went out in our living room and its the same on kuro as well cause kuro goes red yellow green as well so that means every one that red yellow green is -25 in tint then you dont have to desaturate and we dont lose any color meaning you dont have to tick color below 50 and lose color

post #40 of 50 Old 12-17-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Sorry, but it would be nice if you could write clear, coherent sentences, which includes proper punctuation.

All you have done is adjust your tv by eye to what you think is best (which is apparently good enough for you, and that's all that really matters) but to say your tv is calibrated without any comparison to a spectral reference standard is grossly misleading. If you like what you have, that's great. But posting your settings as "calibrated" for others to try is a disservice to the community and shows how little you understand the differences between "eye-ball adjustments", adjustments with a calibration disk, and a true calibration with light meters and specialized software.
post #41 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 09:58 AM

Hey guys here's the final settings for my tv the panasonic tcl42e5 100 percent no need to touch it anymore done backlight 25, contrast 95, brightness 30,color 50 , tint - 50, sharpness 0 , color temp warm color mgmt on , ai picture on cats off video nr off black level dark for brighter modes and for movie mode backlight 25, contrast 95, brightness 40, color 50, tint - 50, sharpness 0, color temp warm, color mgmt on , ai picture off, cats off , video nr off, black level dark and that's it 100 percent no need to touch it anymore done calibrated enjoy everyone and last thing make sure to set player to full color output ycbcr color and then your done enjoy your calibrated screen 

post #42 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 10:12 AM

guys i figured it out once and for all what they had screwed up from the factory was tint they had tint going backwards ever notice why our color is not correct from the factory its cause tint is backwards tint is supposed to be  50 50 but from the factory its not cause they dont have tint going the same way as saturation saturation goes from 0 to spot on at 50 but you will notice like i did on my to sets the panasonic and kuro and most other sets dont have tint going the same way 0 to 50 they have it going 50 to 0 and thats why our image is off from the factory its cause tint is off at 0 when its supposed to be 50 for saturation and 50 for tint then everything comes into to line so the actual correct setting is 50 for saturation and -50 for tint and it ends up that way cause the morons from the factory put tint backwards see guys if tint went the right way as saturation 0 to 50 then it would have been correct in the middle tint is supposed to be  0 to 50 like saturation is not -50 to 0 and thats why our images are off and you dont need 3000 dollar stuff to figure that out its the morons from the factory that never had tint going its correct direction and ps guys on kuro -30 is 50 for tint and 0 is 50 for saturation and bam you got it spot on 100 percent rec 709

post #43 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^^ you still haven't figured out the difference between a calibrated tv and an adjusted tv. I certainly hope that no one takes your "recommendations" as anything other than an "eyeball" adjusted tv which may work for you but probably not for anyone else. You are doing a big disservice to the community by stating that you have calibrated your tv and suggest others use your settings.
post #44 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 AM

its not eye ball go put the settings in and look at photo set and video content its spot on tint is supposed to be going same way as saturation but its not from the factory they have it going backwards and thats why our images are off think about it saturation and tint are supposed 50 and 50 not 50 and 0 like the factory defalut is on some sets its means if tint is not going 0 to 50 like saturation then all our images wont match up i just put the greyscale on my panasonic at 50 saturation at the correct setting of 42 and tint at its correct setting of - 42 since tint is backwards from the factory and bam spot on rec 709 go put the correct settings in and look at some content if you all dont believe me trust me everything will match up spot on cause i'm looking at my panasonic so i know come on you guys are smart like me just look at the way tint goes and if its not the same way as saturation then its not correct which i found out and you all will to and hey guys even our buddies patrick norton robert heren and scott wilkinson would say the same id love to hear there thoughts on this cause its so knock you over your head how if tint doesn't go the same way as saturation 0 to 50 then everything is way off on pansonic its 42 for saturation and -42 for tint and kuro its 50 which is 0 for saturation and - 30 for tint

post #45 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 12:32 PM

the grey scale matches up at 50 but to get it to match up without the greyscale being up to high it comes out on panasonic at 25 to 40 and on kuro 0 so on panasonic saturation 50 tint -50 and on kuro 0 is 50 for saturation and - 30 is 50 for tint now if it was correct on kuro tint would have been going 0 to 30 which is 50 on kuro and 0 to 42 on panasonic so then saturation and tint match up to bring our whole image together now on kuro it comes out to 50 50 for saturation and tint with what kuro has which is color space 2 and on panasonic it comes out to 42 for saturation and - 42 for tint which is 42 on panasonic

post #46 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

....... smart like you, really?
post #47 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 01:18 PM

panasonic brighter modes 25 backlight ,contrast 95 , bightness 25 to 36,color 36 to 42, tint -36 to -42 color temp warm color managment on ai pic on black level light panasonic movie mode 25 backlight ,contrast 95 , bightness 36  to 40,color 36 to 42, tint-36 to -42 color temp warm color managment on ai pic off black level light and kuro for all modes contrast 38 bightness 0 color 0 which is 50 tint -30 which is 50 in color detail color temp low color space 2 picture detail menu dre picture mid and everything else off and thats it guys i wont post anymore settings cause these are the 100 percent spot on rec 709 settings so enjoy your calibrated panasonics and kuros

post #48 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by will2060 View Post

i wont post anymore settings cause these are the 100 percent spot on rec 709 settings so enjoy your calibrated panasonics and kuros

Please don't.
post #49 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 02:42 PM

any way guys all i want like the rest  of you is a 100 percent spot on image so i'll just say when you go in the correct direction for the grey scale saturation and tint all 0 to 50 you will get it spot on if you try it you will nail it so try it you will see thats all

post #50 of 50 Old 12-26-2013, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

rolleyes.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Tc L42e5 42 Inches Led Lcd Tv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - L42e5 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version