LG LM7200 vs. Samsung 7100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-24-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would appreciate some input. I am deciding between these two TVs. The LG sells for $1600 for 60 inch...while the Samsung is $1500 for a 55 inch....unfortunately I haven't been able to see any proper display of the LM7200...but seems like the reviews are generally good...but maybe Samsung is still a little bit better...but for the prices listed...which would be better? My preference is passive 3D which is LG but mostly we're watching non-3D so it's really which ever has better picture quality and Samsung has dual-core.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-25-2012, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone has any ideas about this? I've ordered both and will have to decide which is take. smile.gif
post #3 of 7 Old 12-25-2012, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I do not know much about the Samsung but I just recently bought the Lg 7200....if you can get your hands on one I would try and get it. The extra 5" is worth it itself, but the 3d is mind blowing. I had a Panasonic GT50 and always thought that I was a fan of the Active 3d, but after using this LG I can't go back. The value of this LG is in my opinion, too good to pass up.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-25-2012, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post

I do not know much about the Samsung but I just recently bought the Lg 7200....if you can get your hands on one I would try and get it. The extra 5" is worth it itself, but the 3d is mind blowing. I had a Panasonic GT50 and always thought that I was a fan of the Active 3d, but after using this LG I can't go back. The value of this LG is in my opinion, too good to pass up.

Great to know. I have ordered both online...going to try to see if I can get the LG in the store tomorrow directly. Do you find any issue with the picture quality? It seems in the forum some have reported problems with "clouding" or something. Also, do you use the online features? Any problems with screaming videos from web etc? There was one post saying the connection seem slow? Not sure if it's related to the lack of a faster computer chip like Samsung has? I myself am more keen on passive 3D for various reasons....but ultimately is the non 3-D function I will use most i.e. picture quality, smart function etc....so that's why I have been considering the Samsung 7100 smile.gif

Thanks
post #5 of 7 Old 12-25-2012, 05:22 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by newrr View Post

Great to know. I have ordered both online...going to try to see if I can get the LG in the store tomorrow directly. Do you find any issue with the picture quality? It seems in the forum some have reported problems with "clouding" or something. Also, do you use the online features? Any problems with screaming videos from web etc? There was one post saying the connection seem slow? Not sure if it's related to the lack of a faster computer chip like Samsung has? I myself am more keen on passive 3D for various reasons....but ultimately is the non 3-D function I will use most i.e. picture quality, smart function etc....so that's why I have been considering the Samsung 7100 smile.gif
Thanks

There is some clouding.....but there will be some clouding on the Samsung also. The clouding is what comes with any LED TV and some handle it better than others. The only time I notice any clouding is in a dark pitch black room with nothing on the screen. You can see a little spot of light in the upper corners. You will just have to compare directly for that. I know both screens are edge lit with local dimming meaning that there will be a little light around the upper edges, but again you only see this in a dark room with no lights. When the lights are on none of that is noticeable and picture is amazing.......everyone has a different eye also. As far as the dual core goes.....I know that it helps with moving around the Web apps going from one to the other. I don't think it directly affects the app itself like Netflix for example.....the internet speed and connection affects that. The dual core will make response time faster though going from app to app and typing. But again you will just have to see for yourself and see if the Samsung is worth the extra money. I have not been able to directly compare the two and every panel is different so you have the awesome luxury of comparing. The LG is my first LED otherwise I have only had plasmas. So it is not fair for me to judge PQ going from Plasma to LED..........but I switched because I like passive better and have 2 kids. I don't want to have to worry about a pair breaking and as a huge Panasonic Plasma fan I am happy with the LG LM7200!!!!!
post #6 of 7 Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 AM

Liked: 12
Thanks for the information. I went with the LG lm7200 in the end.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM

I just hooked my LG LM7200 up to a Denon Home Theater package and I love it too. It has many settings that I still am trying to get right. The 3-D is very good even right out of the box. The regular 2-D television is still a work in progress as far as getting setting correct, but overall, the 60 inch screen is awesome.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg , Lg 60lm7200 60lm7200 60 1080p Led 3d Tv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page