samsung un40eh5050f calibration settings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up a samsung 40 in LED for christmas anyone have some good calibration settings that will get me the best picture?

THanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Every tv is different (component spec variability) as is your viewing environment. I would experiment with whatever user controls are available with the different presets (Movie, Game, Sports, what ever) and see what happens (first writing down the default settings in case it looks bad and you want to go back to what it was). Once you get used to what does what, I'd suggest getting one of the calibration disks available like the free AVS HD709, or one of the commercial ones like WoW, Spears and Munsil, etc, and set the basics (brightness, contrast, sharpness, aspect, and color). Using someone eles's settings can be very frustrating because they don't always look good on your set even though the borrowed settings are "killer". Just setting the basics to rec.709 standards can make a huge difference in pq depending on how far your tv is off right out of the box.
post #3 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Where do you get these calibration disks at? Whats all involved with it? I'm not a tech guy at all:eek:
post #4 of 6 Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

The AVS HD709 disk is available free from AVS. I don't have the link off-hand but if you use Search, you can find the download links. The other disks like WoW, Spears & Munsil, DVE, etc are commercial and you can find them online to purchase. While these are called calibration disks, you won't be actually calibrating your tv. A true calibration requires the use of meters and specialized software. You can DIY, but it can be expensive and there is an extensive learning curve, or you can pay a professional calibrator to do it. Using a disk alone may be all you need. The nice thing about using a disk, is once you learn how to do it and what the different settings mean, you can always fine tune your tv as the components age and keep it looking great. With a professional calibration, you may have to pay again down the road depending on the calibrator and how long your tv will hold the settings. I used the AVS disk to get me going but i think WoW is supposed to be the easiest for the newcomer. Whichever disk you use, stick with that one. Patterns etc may vary from disk to disk and you may get confusing results if you switch between disks. There is lots of help over in the Display Calibration forum once you get started. Take your time, organize yourself, and always write down settings before you make changes should you not like the results and want to go back. All of the settings you need should be available to you thru the user accessible menus. You should NEVER have to go into the Service Menu to make changes. That is the quickest way to permanently brick your tv.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-29-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

anyone have any luck with settings on this tv?
post #6 of 6 Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Good luck. If you do find settings I hope they work for you.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 40 Inch Class Led Lcd Hdtv Un40eh5050f
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page