LG SidebySide 3D issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have had our 47" LM6700 for close to a year now. For Xmas, I received a new Micca EP950 Media player. I KNOW it will stream a 3D movie over the network because my son has one and does it with 3d bluray iso's.

Something is going on with the 3D portion of the TV. When playing a 3D sbs movie (.mkv format), it starts in the two screens split in the middle and I used to push the 3D button on the remote and have a choice of the 3D, something like 2D>3D, SBS 3D or Top/Bottom 3D. Now when I push the 3D button, it turns the 3D on or off. The two images do not overlap, it looks more like a 2D>3D conversion. It's kind of like the TV is not recognizing the SBS.

When I try a 3D bluray iso, I see the TV recognize the 3D in the upper top left corner for a split second, but then it goes to a 2D to 3D look. Definitely not stereoscopic.

We unplugged the TV for 30 mins. No change.

Any suggestions on something to try? Or a link to any other issues similar to this? I found the official thread, but my gosh 60+ pages to browse through.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Any thoughts?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

I figured it out. The media player had the video format set to Auto on the HDMI cable. When the video is in 480i, 3D does not work properly. I set the video resolution to 1920 x 1080 and all is good now. Thanks for the help people!