HDTV for PC gaming use (Please help) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been pulling my hair out for a couple months now over finding a tv that will work well for my new system. I used to have a Sharp LC-32D62U for this purpose and it worked amazingly well. Now that every modern tv has mountains of post processing its seemingly impossible to find what I'm looking for. I've scoured the input lag wars thread for so many hours and the best thing I can come up with is the Sharp LC-46LE810UN. Is this good enough for PC use? My other option is the LC52LE700UN which also seems to have good response but I don't know if its better than the 810. Please help me out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I use a 50" Panasonic Plasma for my PC. I play games all the time, and haven't really felt any negative effects on my gaming from input lag. Sure there is some on faster paced games, but I only notice it if I'm trying to.

And this is on a "Custom" setting, not even on "Game Mode". With Game Mode I find I don't see any lag at all.

Those TV's you mentioned are a few years old. I would think you could get something a little better and more recent. If I'm not mistaken, Best Buy lets you return things within 30 days of purchasing. So just find a TV you like, try it out with gaming, and return it for another TV if the lag is too much.

post #3 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I would get a plasma but I'm worried about burn in when I'm just surfing the net and using windows. Is there any risk of this? I looked into the idea of plasma but this part scares me. When you're not gaming do you use windows regularly with yours? I can't seem to find any new LCD's that I can buy in store with a warranty that have good input lag.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 01:44 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittytoast View Post

I would get a plasma but I'm worried about burn in when I'm just surfing the net and using windows. Is there any risk of this?

Yes, there is SOME risk of it, but if you are very careful and baby your set with the proper break-in, limited time doing the same thing, and varying the content, it will likely be fine. The question is do you want to fool with all that? It's a trade-off, you see.
Quote:
I can't seem to find any new LCD's that I can buy in store with a warranty that have good input lag.

What do you consider to be good input lag? How many ms?
post #5 of 5 Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, Alfred. Yeah I'm strongly considering plasma now. Those things are indeed a tradeoff but not too bothersome for me. It seems the general consensus on this board for gaming is anything under 30ms. I think with 30 I wouldn't notice any problems with mouse movements or seeing it in the cursor.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page