Hello, I need some help with a 46" Bravia 1080 120hz - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let me first say awesome forum. I've always referenced it but now I seem to have something that I just can't find the exact answer for.

I have a model KDL 46V5100 Sony TV. It is 3 years old.

Last evening while watching it just turned off on its own. I went to restart it and left the room to get a drink. When I came back it wasn't on. I tried again and again only to see it is turning on for about 15 seconds and then goes back off. The green light comes on stating it is on. It is not flashing nor are there any red lights on. The picture lights for a split second and then goes to black. The set then turns off on its own. No matter how I try to turn it on (synced with blu ray or not) remote of control panel, it turns on, but does nothing but the screen in a dim fashion lights, but then goes to black and the unit turns off. During the fifteen seconds or so it will not respond to anyhthing. Not the input button, not the menu button, nothing. I've tried to do a reset to factory settings on it but nothing has changed. I have it off the wall now and the only thing plugged in is the power cord.

I have left it unplugged for several hours. No different.

With new years eve party coming here tomorrow, a working TV would be awesome. That might be asking for too much but at the very least some direction to go on this set would be priceless. What is wrong with it and is it worth fixing?

Please know I'm ok with working on things

Thank you so much in advance for any and all replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 380
I had an old Sony (can't remember the model) that had similar issues. It was some sort of power converter/circuit that was repairable.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page