Older LG LCD and Blu Ray issue...help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an older LG LCD, model LX2D...about 5 years old. I'm having issues hooking a blu ray player to it. I get a black rectangle in the middle of the screen every time I hit the blue ray menu bar. I thought it was a blu ray issue but got a different brand and the same thing happened. So it is a LG LCD issue. And what is weird, I can hit the volume button and the black rectangle goes away temporarily, but returns within a few seconds. The LCD does not have an HDMI input so it is connected with component cables.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is the native resolution of your TV?
What resolution are you sending the video from the blue ray player in?
Is it possible that your TV has a 3:2 (almost square) aspect ratio and that your blue ray player is sending its video in wide screen 16:9 aspect wide screen format letter box format which has black bars on the top and the bottom of the screen?
post #3 of 3 Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Problem is the analog sunset. Component is restricted to 480 over component with any current generation BD player. You will need an older player that has component (i.e. Panasonic 110 or Oppo 93) that is not restricted or a new TV with HDMI.

Good luck,

S~

Keep in mind that LG has restricted older players as has Sony with the X80 series. Refer to the component thread in the Blu-ray forum

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1316836/list-of-blu-ray-players-with-component-output-and-discussion

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page