Best Settings to reduce Eye Strain & Headaches on a Sony 46" HX-850 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-02-2013, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I know this topic gets posted a lot -- but I'd love suggestions for this specific model.

I am trying to figure out which settings to adjust to avoid eye strain & fatigue/nausea with this tv. I have searched the forums and found contradictory views on panel type and what to do with back lighting etc.

I can be sensitive to fluorescent lights and different led/lcd monitors, as well as crt 60hz efresh rates, but it did not occur to me that this could be an issue with a new TV.

I am going from a Sony 27" crt to this hdtv. I have spent time (visiting family) with an LG led backlit 42" HDTV and a Panny Plasma G?55 (both a few yrs old) and have not had a bad reaction. I especially love the Panny Plasma but needed to get a TV 42" to 46" (not available in the US for months now) and thought the Sony would be worth a try.

My Sony has about 80 hours on it. I have been using cinema or standard scene modes with RCN HD Cable using 1080i from the cable box.

Back lighting, Motion Flow -- there are so many different advanced settings barely explained by the online manual.

I am not sure what will be easy on my eyes and still render a realistic picture.

I am waiting for more time on the unit before I attempt to calibrate it -- using a AVS calibration video as a start.

I am sitting about 8 ft away -- and will add more ambient light tonight.

I appreciate any advice you might have. Also, any links to more technical information on the "video engine" and advanced features on this model? thanks, Stephanie
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia 46 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Hx850 Kdl 46hx850
Gear in this thread - Hx850 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page