Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by goot View Post

Which do you think is the superior tv?
Which do you think is the better buy ?

I guess cost is not part of any consideration... The 80" Sharps are underated in my opinion. I find them quite serviceable and extremely good values. The Sammy and value are mutually exclusive concepts. Brother recenly bought a Sharp for $3500 at the local Best Buy on a price match.

Just another blank signature.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

I guess cost is not part of any consideration... The 80" Sharps are underated in my opinion. I find them quite serviceable and extremely good values. The Sammy and value are mutually exclusive concepts. Brother recenly bought a Sharp for $3500 at the local Best Buy on a price match.

Cost is not an issue

Am purely after the very best 75-80" tv there is.

?
post #4 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Here's the very best. Wasn't in your original post question though
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_4KTV

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses". - Abraham Lincoln
post #5 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

yeah have seen both the Sony and LG 4k tv's.

Not after 4k. Not much content out for 4k and don't see it coming in next 12mths either

Wanting to decide between either the Samsung or the Sharp 75" or 80" only
post #6 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
If cost is not an issue, it could be interresting for you to wait and see what will be announced at CES next week about what's coming up in the next few months. I think Sharp will be announcing its new XL9 TV serie (46" up to 80") with better contrast and next to no screen reflection... but I think the 80" version will be coming out a little later in 2013. If I was ready to spend 10k I would also strongly consider the 90" model from Sharp. The 75" Samsung from what I've seen in 2 stores (side by side with the 90" in one store) seems to have a bit more of a punchy image than the Sharp but not a night and day difference. An uneven full screen black (clouding?) seems to be a common issue with the Samsung and may be worth considering... but then again it may not be a concern for you. Anyways good luck and buy the one that looks the best to you!!
post #7 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM

I purchased the Samsung 75 in. about 2 months ago. All I can tell you is, I have never had a second of regret.

I have looked closely at the Sharp 80in you referenced, and IMO there is no comparison. The Sharp picture looked "soft" in comparison to the Samsung and the contrast ratio was visually poorer. I know that Samsung has had problems in past years with clouding and flashlighting around the perimeter of the screen, but the ES9000 75in has never exhibited any of this. At all. The color of the Samsung appears more natural and lifelike to me than the Sharp as well.

Nobody could claim the ES9000 is inexpensive, or maybe even a bargain. But, that is in the eye of the beholder is it not? When you get up into the larger screen sizes, it seems that it becomes progressively more difficult to manufacture a set that avoids the traditional pitfalls such as flashlighting, clouding, uniformity, color accuracy, etc. Having lived with the ES9000 now for 2 months, I can say unequivocally that to my eyes, it does an excellent job of avoiding these shortcomings. I find that particularly impressive considering the fact that the set has such a thin bezel, which I find attractive.

Having said all this, I don't think I could call the Samsung a bargain. 9k is a lot to spend on a television. But for those who have the funds, I believe the ES9000 delivers one of the best, if not THE best picture in the 75 in. category.

Others are free to disagree.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

I just went and saw the samsung v sharp and got to say, it's no comparison.

samsung is so much better in terms of picture quality, motion and overall look
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000 , Sharp 80 Inch Full Hd Aquos Quattron 3d Led Smart Tv With Aquomotion
Gear in this thread - Un75es9000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page