Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1764 Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgriego View Post

Regarding screen mirroring.... I have a UN46ES7500, and am able to use smart view to view tv on my Samsung tablet using my home network. Are you saying, if I install the Evo kit i will not have this ability/feature anymore? Being able to take tablet to view while shaving and catching up with news in the morning comes in very handy......
Thanks in advance for your reply!
I think I read that it takes that away. We ES8000 owners don't have the mirroring and the Kit doesn't give it to us, but all the TV chips are now in the Evo if you install it. It's not the same as software . Search for other reviews.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1764 Old 06-13-2013, 06:21 PM

Liked: 10
Same problem - USB not found. Tried two different USB sticks just in case. Rang Samsung support, after long conversation and lots of checks support eng. concluded possible fault on TV, eng to call.
So at this point I have a working TV that goes through "Kit detected ....." then fails to find software on USB every time TV is turned on.
Eng arrives two days later - fits new main board inTV. Now nothing happens when kit plugged in ! Eng. states kit faulty, send it back. I pointed out it was detected with the previous board an hour ago, so out comes the old card from its box, checks kit fits in socket ok, disconnects TV from all its cables and places face down working stand, paces kit into socket and preses down hard - ahhh it goes further in. TV back in place, cables connected, and ....nothing works! TV sits with a relay clicking every few secs (power overload ?) Eng. vanishes behind TV and after a few muttered words gets TV to turn on followed by " I'll be back Friday to take it to the workshop". After he left the TV started to turn off at random.
At this point I have a sick TV, a dead evolution kit, and I am looking forward to at least a weekend without any TV at all - is the kit worth it ????
post #813 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsonR View Post

Same problem - USB not found. Tried two different USB sticks just in case. "Kit detected ....."

then fails to find software on USB every time TV is turned on.

DId you try updating the software over the internet rather than by usb?
post #814 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post

DId you try updating the software over the internet rather than by usb?

Yes, as per the instructions in kit I had checked for updates before attaching the kit. TV was up to date.

It,s all in the hands of the Samsung eng. now, and he is brining a loan TV tomrrow.
post #815 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipsonR View Post

Same problem - USB not found. Tried two different USB sticks just in case. Rang Samsung support, after long conversation and lots of checks support eng. concluded possible fault on TV, eng to call.
So at this point I have a working TV that goes through "Kit detected ....." then fails to find software on USB every time TV is turned on.
Eng arrives two days later - fits new main board inTV. Now nothing happens when kit plugged in ! Eng. states kit faulty, send it back. I pointed out it was detected with the previous board an hour ago, so out comes the old card from its box, checks kit fits in socket ok, disconnects TV from all its cables and places face down working stand, paces kit into socket and preses down hard - ahhh it goes further in. TV back in place, cables connected, and ....nothing works! TV sits with a relay clicking every few secs (power overload ?) Eng. vanishes behind TV and after a few muttered words gets TV to turn on followed by " I'll be back Friday to take it to the workshop". After he left the TV started to turn off at random.
At this point I have a sick TV, a dead evolution kit, and I am looking forward to at least a weekend without any TV at all - is the kit worth it ????

I had the same problem as you did with the USB error message. I just tried detaching and attaching the kit a few times and then it worked.
post #816 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 11:11 AM

I had the same issues with it trying to look for a USB device. And three hours after,countless times plugging it back in and googling ever phrase possible of ek not working I did it.
I took my es8000 of the wall and disconnected all attached cables put it on my sofa to get a better look and plugged the ek back in and in doing it this way and not just doing it awkwardly still hanging on the wall it connected better and felt more secure. Re-hung the tv switched it on and viola it worked. My problem was connecting the ek whilst holding my tv in mid air with one hand and my knee and one hand to plug the ek in. I'm well happy now and if my eyes deceive me the hd pictures are much better?
post #817 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpersson View Post

I had the same problem as you did with the USB error message. I just tried detaching and attaching the kit a few times and then it worked.

I just ordered mine. I've read so many people's accounts of difficulty getting the kit to seat properly and be recognized. What's with the USB stick message? I'm not going to use one, I'll update via wifi. What's anyone's recommendation about seating the kit properly the first time (mine is on a stand in a low table)? Any tips are appreciated.

Samsung ES8000 65", Evo Kit installed, Yamaha AVR with Paradigm speakers, iMac, iPad, Apple TV and HTC One phone.
post #818 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrian84 View Post

I finally managed to get it working and upgraded successfully.

Here is what I did.

The connector on the TV side has two metal bars that slide when you push in the Evo Kit

In my case one of these metal bars got twisted and damaged. I switched the TV completely and made it straight again using a tweezers.
Once it was straight I pushed softly and gently the Evo kit and it got detected
My suggestion to anybody is to slide the Evo kit very gently and made sure not to twist the connector on the TV side.

Thanks. Which side of the TV back are the two metal bars left or right? Do you first connect one side of the Evo kit to the TV and then the other, or push the whole thing on at once like in the video?

post #819 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 12:58 PM

Just ordered evo kit also and looking forward to the updated version.
post #820 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 214
For you fellow Canucks, I just placed an order through NCIX and price matched from Coast Central and they honoured the price.

179.99 + shipping and tax... I am a happy Camper...
OugaBooga likes this.
post #821 of 1764 Old 06-14-2013, 03:27 PM

Any reports on whether this helps with input lag... or gasp... makes it worse?
post #822 of 1764 Old 06-15-2013, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

For you fellow Canucks, I just placed an order through NCIX and price matched from Coast Central and they honoured the price.

Do you mean Cost central ? http://www.costcentral.com/proddetail/Samsung_SMART_EVOLUTION_KIT_BLACK/SEK1000ZA/11893264/
cause I don't find a coast central.
Nice work, thx for the info, I think I will go for it BUT I would appreciate your input "digimat" once you've installed it & checked it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB.Good View Post

Any reports on whether this helps with input lag... or gasp... makes it worse?
I TOO would like to know if this kit makes input lag worse.
ANY gamers try this evo kit out yet ?
THX in advance, need to know ASAP, don't know how long coast central has it's price up for matching @ ncix

SEK-2000/ZA....Any GOOD ?
post #823 of 1764 Old 06-15-2013, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

That's what I paid for mine from Amazon no shipping or tax, got it on May 30th been working flawlessly since. Plugged it into my PN60E8000

My main setup
PN60E8000 Plus evolution 2013Kit + Directv genie + Panasonic 3D blu-ray player + Onkyo TX-NR 818 9.2 using Onkyo M-5010 2-Channel Amplifier for wides.
MY DEN
PN51F5500 + Directv Genie + Panasonic 3D blu-ray player + Onkyo TX-NR 616 7.2
post #824 of 1764 Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 AM

Hi every one,
I am like some of you having a problem with this EVO kit.
I just received before hours, and i followed most of solutions posted here and somewhere else, but no hope also. Unite detected as soon as the tv start but when its start looking for the update, cant find any.
I tried to remove the unit and attached back many time, i tried update with wireless and wired connection... no hope at all.
I do have the 2012 Samsung PN64E8000, bought it before some days.
I noticed some of you said that the usb not recognized, so is there any (update can i download it through the internet and update the tv/kit with it, through the usb?
Please i need your in this case.
I really appreciate.

Edit: I just found the link file after reading and ready the most thread pages, on page 25, i start download it now, and i will give it a try. I hope that will work. Will update after i finish.
post #825 of 1764 Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 AM

damnit, NCIX won't price match cost central stating that it's a USA site & extra charges for shipping & duty...etc

DID you smoke em some freakish bud before asking them to price match digimat ? wink.gif

post #826 of 1764 Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post

damnit, NCIX won't price match cost central stating that it's a USA site & extra charges for shipping & duty...etc

DID you smoke em some freakish bud before asking them to price match digimat ? wink.gif

Ha, I never smoke up before online shopping smile.gif

All I did was use the price match function at the beginning of the checkout and used the URL from Coast Central... did you do it through the site or did you call?

It has to be in stock as well.
post #827 of 1764 Old 06-15-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:

Ha, I never smoke up before online shopping smile.gif

All I did was use the price match function at the beginning of the checkout and used the URL from Coast Central... did you do it through the site or did you call?

It has to be in stock as well.
was outta stock @ cost central & I called the order in. mad.gif
WTF, just hrs ago they were outta stock &n now have 26 units.

You get urs yet & try it out ?

post #828 of 1764 Old 06-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Not yet... everything has been processed except the shipping. Try ordering it through the site instead of calling... I recall trying to do it over the phone awhile back and they wouldn't honour the price because it was US.

I'll let you know how everything goes.
post #829 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 01:49 AM

Any HELP please???
Any ADVICE to my previous post???

Thank you
post #830 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 04:24 AM

In know that you can't use a us version on a European set or visa versa. Maybe it is the same issue from the UAE to uk. If so won't work. I have this on good advice from an active member of the avforum
post #831 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 05:20 AM

Any HELP please??? Any ADVICE to my previous post??? Thank you

I have similar problems, I am on my second kit and am now going to return for a refund.......
post #832 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner712004 View Post

Any HELP please??? Any ADVICE to my previous post??? Thank you

I have similar problems, I am on my second kit and am now going to return for a refund.......

What previous post? The above is your first post to the forum.
post #833 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post

What previous post? The above is your first post to the forum.

sorry I was quoting the poster above regarding his problem
post #834 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 07:48 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by OugaBooga View Post

was outta stock @ cost central & I called the order in. mad.gif
WTF, just hrs ago they were outta stock &n now have 26 units.

You get urs yet & try it out ?

I ordered mine from NCIX...price match. When I ordered mine I used another URL for the price match, I think the price was $194. When you go through the check out process, pay with paypal. I figured that they were going to accept the price match and not refund my money.
Ive had the Evo/Evil kit for a few weeks and its pretty cool. I had no problems pluging in the kit, it was recognized right away. I updated the firmware with a wired connection right away too.
I turned my smart hub menu into a US one months ago. I get Amazon Prime and US Netflix. I never noticed it before and maybe its a timing thing but I do get 3D movies on Netflix now. My connection speed is 25 mb/s. I also hooked up a Wireworld silver electra power cord at the same time. I swear the picture looks slighly better now, not night and day, but yes slighly better.

PS The hardest part for me was opening the new remote to put the batteries in.
OugaBooga likes this.

Yamaha RX-A3000, Oppo 95, Emotiva IPS-1, Emotiva RPA-1, Energy Veritas 1.8s, RC70s, LCR, RCRs, RC10s, Energy S12.3, Velodyne SPL-1200R
post #835 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubema View Post

Any HELP please???
Any ADVICE to my previous post???

Thank you

Were you running the latest firmware before the install?

Yamaha RX-A3000, Oppo 95, Emotiva IPS-1, Emotiva RPA-1, Energy Veritas 1.8s, RC70s, LCR, RCRs, RC10s, Energy S12.3, Velodyne SPL-1200R
post #836 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcman View Post

Were you running the latest firmware before the install?
yes I have followed the instructions exactly and tried a dozen times
it installs but wont connect to the internet, it cant find Wi-Fi or LAN connection
also have the problem of it removing the USB update option as others have mentioned
post #837 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:

yes I have followed the instructions exactly and tried a dozen times
it installs but wont connect to the internet, it cant find Wi-Fi or LAN connection
also have the problem of it removing the USB update option as others have mentioned

So what happens when you remove the Evo? Does everything revert back and do you gain connectivity? Id say unplug the kit and get the network back. Check and see what firmware you are at and maybe even try a firmware update. Do a TV reset but I think that doesnt do a network reset. Maybe unplug the TV for a few minutes, get the network set up and try again. If that does nothing it must be a bad Kit and then phone Samsung. Maybe Samsung service can install the kit or have a look.

post #838 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:

So what happens when you remove the Evo? Does everything revert back and do you gain connectivity? Id say unplug the kit and get the network back. Check and see what firmware you are at and maybe even try a firmware update. Do a TV reset but I think that doesnt do a network reset. Maybe unplug the TV for a few minutes, get the network set up and try again. If that does nothing it must be a bad Kit and then phone Samsung. Maybe Samsung service can install the kit or have a look.

if you take the kit off you get connectivity straight back
connecting the kit must change the firmware because you then get a message to say there is an update, which you can do over the wifi, and so on and so on...
I have tried two new kits, both the same
post #839 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:

if you take the kit off you get connectivity straight back
connecting the kit must change the firmware because you then get a message to say there is an update, which you can do over the wifi, and so on and so on...
I have tried two new kits, both the same

Wow thats a bummer. Mine was so simple to install, no glitches or problems whats so ever
I guess its a call to Samsung or a service call. Ya Id be kinda pissed If I bought the future proof TV, then I couldnt even get the kit to work. I dont know what else to suggest. The people like yourself that are having the problems, I wonder if its their tvs or maybe a bad batch of Evos. A few guys seem to be buying them from NCIX in Canada, I wonder if they will have problems.
gunner712004 likes this.

post #840 of 1764 Old 06-16-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Wow thats a bummer. Mine was so simple to install, no glitches or problems whats so ever
I guess its a call to Samsung or a service call. Ya Id be kinda pissed If I bought the future proof TV, then I couldnt even get the kit to work. I dont know what else to suggest. The people like yourself that are having the problems, I wonder if its their tvs or maybe a bad batch of Evos. A few guys seem to be buying them from NCIX in Canada, I wonder if they will have problems.

worse still the kit was £250, around $400
I have sent Samsung a question on it
haven't got the time for a visit from an engineer so it may just have to go back if they cant help online
shame
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Samsung , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page