Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1784 Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Van-Sant View Post

Following all the problems I have been having Samsung have agreed to send me a Firmware update on a flash drive in the post. They are telling me the latest update is 1113.0 which is far removed from my 1007.1. How can this be? I thought we went up in increments of 0000.1!I'll let you know when it arrives!

I'm still having the same problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1784 Old 10-31-2013, 07:57 PM

Don't see that anyone else has this problem but my evo kits bluetooth keeps dropping out or turning off after a couple of hours if i don't touch the remote control as the ir blaster disconnects so universal remote function for virgin box doesn't work and the smart touch remote won't work either, i contacted samsung about this and they sent out one of there repair team and he wasn't too much help really so contacted samsung again and they said that the evo kit was probably faulty and too take it too where i got it from and they would replace it with a new one. This is where my problem starts as i purchased it from ebay from a seller and not a retail ebay seller it was brand new and still sealed tho but samsung said well they can't replace it then as it is therefore second hand as i didn't get it from a retail seller. Does anybody know what i can do about getting a replacement or is there some sort of setting that i can change too stop the bluetooth dropping out or turning off every couple of hours as i haven't been able too find a setting for this. Also has anyone else had a problem like this with there evo kit as it's very annoying when i go too change the channel and remote doesn't work and have too turn tv off then on again for remote and ir blaster too work again. Any help would be much appreciated thanks alot Chris...

post #1263 of 1784 Old 11-01-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdude View Post

After several tries the tv managed to fully download and install version 1007.

Initially I didn't find any noticeable differences with the previous 1006.2 firmware.

That, however, has changed dramatically: my tv spontaneously shuts itself off :-(

How can I downgrade??

rolleyes.gif

Spontaneous shut downs seem to have cured themselves over night.
Tv works properly again apparently.

Samsung UE40ES8000, Yamaha RX-V675 receiver, iPad, iPhone
post #1264 of 1784 Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Van-Sant View Post

Following all the problems I have been having Samsung have agreed to send me a Firmware update on a flash drive in the post. They are telling me the latest update is 1113.0 which is far removed from my 1007.1. How can this be? I thought we went up in increments of 0000.1!I'll let you know when it arrives!

Ok I have found the fix for our problem
Fresh batteries. I hadn't change my batteries since I had my ir blaster. Change the batteries in the it blaster and you should be able to setup your devices. I setup my bluray player and my avr
post #1265 of 1784 Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Can anybody help with my problem or has anybody else had any problems with there bluetooth dropping out/turning off???

post #1266 of 1784 Old 11-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cseck View Post

Can anybody help with my problem or has anybody else had any problems with there bluetooth dropping out/turning off???

Try uninstalling the evo kit and chcking whether the problem is with the kit or with your set. If the problem doesn't continue after running without the evo kit for a week or so, try carefully reinstalling the evo kit making sure that none of the pins are damaged in the process. If the kit is still faulty, register the product with samsung and after sufficient time has passed so that no retailer would exchange it, ask samsung support to replace or repair it under the product warranty.
post #1267 of 1784 Old 11-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Thanks for reply, Do i just take the Evo Kit out the back of tv too uninstall it or do i have too uninstall anything else before pulling Evo Kit out??? Not sure why the bluetooth drops out after a couple of hours of non use of remote it just seems strange too me plus it's strange no one else has had this problem only me...

post #1268 of 1784 Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:

Thanks for reply, Do i just take the Evo Kit out the back of tv too uninstall it or do i have too uninstall anything else before pulling Evo Kit out??? Not sure why the bluetooth drops out after a couple of hours of non use of remote it just seems strange too me plus it's strange no one else has had this problem only me...

I would keep an eye on the firmware updates as when I had my problem with the IR blaster and spoke to Samsung, after weeks of hounding and replacing kit and testing everything, they finally agreed that there was a re-occurring problem with the IR blaster and that they had reported it to their technical team. Mine resolved it self after a recent firmware update.
post #1269 of 1784 Old 11-05-2013, 02:24 PM

I have taken the EVO KIT out and have been running it without kit for about 24 hours now and bluetooth and remote and ir blaster have been running fine with no drop outs of bluetooth or of it turning off so it must be the EVO KITS bluetooth which is the problem...

post #1270 of 1784 Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:

I have taken the EVO KIT out and have been running it without kit for about 24 hours now and bluetooth and remote and ir blaster have been running fine with no drop outs of bluetooth or of it turning off so it must be the EVO KITS bluetooth which is the problem...

Mine was similar problem. I managed to get it to work without any problems with the EVO kit removed. As I said early, I think Samsung have been having problems with this. Just make sure you have the latest firmware update. Mine repaired itself following a recent update.
post #1271 of 1784 Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 AM

So I have a few issues since Ive installed this kit.

Samsung has told me to upgrade via usb. Whatever I did I could not see this option if the Evo Kit was installed. I removed the kit - and then the option appeared. But why does Samsung not tell you this???!!!???

One of the emails from Samsung said that once the Evo Kit was installed then I had to connect the ethernet cable to the TV.... This does not work for me. Anybody else?

More worryingly, when I did uninstall the Evo Kit - I could no longer get the hub to work.... Any ideas?

Finally - it seems that my apps have disappeared with the Evo Kit installed.

I have tried to do what is suggested here  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55ES8000FXZA but when I click the tools button - nothing happens. 

post #1272 of 1784 Old 11-07-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighv View Post

So I have a few issues since Ive installed this kit.

Samsung has told me to upgrade via usb. Whatever I did I could not see this option if the Evo Kit was installed. I removed the kit - and then the option appeared. But why does Samsung not tell you this???!!!???

One of the emails from Samsung said that once the Evo Kit was installed then I had to connect the ethernet cable to the TV.... This does not work for me. Anybody else?

More worryingly, when I did uninstall the Evo Kit - I could no longer get the hub to work.... Any ideas?

Finally - it seems that my apps have disappeared with the Evo Kit installed.

I have tried to do what is suggested here  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55ES8000FXZA but when I click the tools button - nothing happens. 

Update the TV via usb prior to installing the evo kit. Install the evo kit carefully. There is a dongle that came with the evo kit that plugs into the evo kit and has an opening that an ethernet cable plugs into. Use this to connect to your network and the internet and then try to update the evo kit to the latest firmware.
post #1273 of 1784 Old 11-07-2013, 05:25 AM

Got a firmware update to 1009 last night. Maybe this will solve some problems.
post #1274 of 1784 Old 11-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post

anyone know what the firmware updated??
post #1275 of 1784 Old 11-07-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Where are you based? I'm in The Netherlands and I only recently have got 1007.

There seem to be many regional differences.

post #1276 of 1784 Old 11-07-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Where are you based? I'm in The Netherlands and I only recently have got 1007.

There seem to be many regional differences.

Maryland, USA
post #1277 of 1784 Old 11-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Think i've sorted out my problem i will let u all know in a couple of days if everything is still good, My evo kits firmware is still on 1007 and when i check for software updates it says that there isn't any new updates u are on the latest firmware but i know im not as before i uninstalled it and reinstalled it i was on 1008 and i see that other people have just got 1009 im in the UK does anybody know why my evo kit/tv is not finding the latest software/firmware updates also i could not find the update on the samsung site either tv model is es7000 plus evo kit attached???

post #1278 of 1784 Old 11-08-2013, 04:50 AM

What is the latest version for the TV?

Once I install the Evo I get version 1007. There are no further updates when I try and update. 

With the current version at 1007 as soon as I try and access any apps they crash and the tv goes back to the normal view

post #1279 of 1784 Old 11-08-2013, 05:34 AM

my apps also disappeared when i installed the evo kit so i just went into the menu settings and then the smart hub settings then right at the bottom of page there is a reset hub option i selected that and all my apps reappeared try that but u might have too download some apps again after doing this but im not sure as i hadn't downloaded any apps before. I think my TV is on firmware 1009 as i updated it too that before i installed the evo kit but my evo kit is on 1007 and says that there is no new software at the moment when i check for updates but like i said before in other post i know there is as it was on 1008 before i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. So does anybody have any ideas why we can't find any updates when we check for updates and i also checked on samsung site but the latest evo kit firmware i could find was 1005 on there???

post #1280 of 1784 Old 11-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

I FINALLY got my kit to update. I was stuck on 1007 and could never get 1008 to download properly via ethernet. Same problem with the new 1009 update. So I disconnected the ethernet cable and it downloaded the first try via Wifi. Just wanted to note that for others who have been having trouble getting the new updates to download/install properly

post #1281 of 1784 Old 11-08-2013, 03:17 PM

I can't even get it too tell me there is an update just keeps telling me that there is no new updates for u at the moment...

post #1282 of 1784 Old 11-09-2013, 08:07 AM

What is the latest firmware for the UK model im still on 1007 can anybody tell me please???

post #1283 of 1784 Old 11-09-2013, 11:33 AM

So I had an interesting telephone call with Samsung today. 1007.2 on the Evo - fine. 2001.1 on the TV - all okay. They logged into the TV - no problems with my setup or config. In short, the reason why I don't have the apps is because they have server issues. They asked that I wait until Wednesday until calling again if my apps have not appeared (!!!). So in short, I am without any online capability - for x more days. And this has been the case for the past 9 days....

post #1284 of 1784 Old 11-09-2013, 11:54 AM

That's disappointing. rolleyes.gif

post #1285 of 1784 Old 11-12-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:

I can't even get it too tell me there is an update just keeps telling me that there is no new updates for u at the moment...

I see the same thing... it reports 1009.1, though. So, I'm to assume this is the latest? When I search on the TV model number I get 1054 (UN55ES8000). It would make sense that we'd only update the evo kit now, but why does samsung.com show 1005.2 as the latest when the TV reports 1009.1??
post #1286 of 1784 Old 11-12-2013, 10:05 PM

Samsung obviously haven't updated their website. frown.gif

post #1287 of 1784 Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Samsung obviously haven't updated their website. frown.gif

It would appear that way, however Samsung technical support tells me the TV is supposed to be on 1054 regardless of the Evo Kit, so they've actually scheduled a service call... :\

Sooooooooo, either they don't know wtf they are talking about (likely) and/or something is odd with firmware updates.
post #1288 of 1784 Old 11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Has anyone experienced any AV sync issues with their AVR or Prepro and their Samsung TV as a result of their EK? I just bought a Samsung OLED TV that uses the One-Connect box, which is an offshoot of the EK, and the video going direct to the TV from my Oppo 105 player is arriving late and out of sync with the audio. I thought maybe the internet/wifi feature and extra processing in the Smart Hub might be the reason for the delay, but turning off the browser has no effect.

If I send both video and audio directly to the Samsung, via HDMI, the picture and sound are fine. It's only when I send the video from the Oppo to the TV and the audio to the power amps via the player's analog outputs that I have this image delay. To fix this, I set A/V Sync on the Oppo to 160 ms. I never had this problem before with my old Pioneer flat screen.
post #1289 of 1784 Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 676
yup i have this bluetooth problems also since 1008 upgrade . all of a sudden the volume buttons dont work with my yamaha amp.. tried turning on and off the ir-blaster didnt work.. pressing it multiple times sometimes would work.. so is turning off and on the tv..
was planning to get some new batteries for it and see if this helps.. but thing is if i wait some time then it would work again. the HTS source button does nothing and the HTS sound mode sets my yamaha to music enhancer and i cant set it back to normal after this. as i tried to find the screen to select another version of the amp in remote setup i couldnt find the screen anymore where you can select the HTS. adding a new one resulted in removal of the OnTV screen in smarthub.

audio delay got worse since 1006 update also. it used to be on 70ms delay and now i have it on 120ms delay to have it in sync. pretty much sucks. it certainly isn't the amp as with a PS3 connected to hdmi-2 and with optical input to the amp the audio-delay is 0msl input to the amp the audio-delay is 0ms

Klipsch RF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz

Yamaha YST-SW800/1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz

Yamaha RX-463 Amp 5x100W RMS

Monitor flatline 1.5mm pro wire

Samsung UE-ES8000S TV

PS3

post #1290 of 1784 Old 11-18-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 676
oeps .. delete this post pls
cant find the delete button ??

Klipsch RF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz

Yamaha YST-SW800/1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz

Yamaha RX-463 Amp 5x100W RMS

Monitor flatline 1.5mm pro wire

Samsung UE-ES8000S TV

PS3

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Samsung , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000
Gear in this thread - Un75es9000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page