OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 1822 Old 04-06-2014, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Thanks ldc. Perhaps I overstated things in my excitment. Yeah 1080p is definatly gonna be around for a long time yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1822 Old 04-06-2014, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedBug View Post

Thanks ldc. Perhaps I overstated things in my excitment. Yeah 1080p is definatly gonna be around for a long time yet.

Don't think I am down playing 4k. It looks insanely good. It's just a lack of true 4k content and that it seems to be really slow to be put out.

The 55inch 4k 120hz was the same price as my 240hz 65" 8000 series. I chose bigger and smoother. No regrets.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.
post #1443 of 1822 Old 04-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldc2335 View Post

Don't think I am down playing 4k. It looks insanely good. It's just a lack of true 4k content and that it seems to be really slow to be put out.

The 55inch 4k 120hz was the same price as my 240hz 65" 8000 series. I chose bigger and smoother. No regrets.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Well it's not just that. There's the fact that 4K requires a tv/receiver upgrade. There's not much media and you are going to pay a high high premium for downloading the 4K movies that are there. And the nasty fact that many doubt after heavy compression that streamed 4K will even look better than the 1080p bluray. And streamed 4K is supposed to be the future

With the rollout of HDMI 2.0 older (not that old) 4K sets are rendered obsolete. Samsung seems to have the best solution with the One Connect box, but many of the older Sony sets have to be upgraded in home by a service tech to even work with the 4K player listed below

Yes true 4K images do look amazing when it's not compressed and you're not just watching upconverted 1080p which is debatably worse than Full HD on a regular 1080p set. I don't doubt that true 4K looks amazing, I have seen it in person and it's like looking through a window and you can almost reach out and touch the image. But step back 6-9 feet and it's like you can entirely lose the effect. The further back you step the less impressive it is, the less extra detail you get, and the harder to justify the price you paid

Being an early adopter isn't all it's cut out to be. If you want nightmares check out the reviews for the Sony 4K player below
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-FMP-X1-Ultra-Media-Player/dp/B00DBY5XNQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
post #1444 of 1822 Old 04-07-2014, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Well I'd have to disagree about not being able to tell from further away. My TV is 9 feet away from my couch and it is incredible. And really 240hz vs 120hz is really just a marketing scam. No human eye could tell the difference past 60 fps anyways. Infact it might even make it worse for watching cable which is only 60fps anyways. And in everyway that ive seen so far this tv is has a far better picture then any 1080p could ever hope to have, be it cable,bluray or even streaming from my computer upstairs. I'm really posting this for the people who are in the market for a new tv, don't listen to the sour grapes of the people who bought a 1080p set previously and go look at one for yourself and judge. 

post #1445 of 1822 Old 04-07-2014, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Someone claiming people aren't able to tell 4k from 1080p from a distance never gets old, despite lots of real life research showing that people ARE able to tell just fine. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/4k-resolution-201312153517.htm is just one example.
post #1446 of 1822 Old 04-07-2014, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettern View Post

Someone claiming people aren't able to tell 4k from 1080p from a distance never gets old, despite lots of real life research showing that people ARE able to tell just fine. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/4k-resolution-201312153517.htm is just one example.

Never gets old huh? Yeah people said they could tell a difference. However small that is

From that distance are you getting the full 4K treatment or are you just able to tell a slight difference? Is it worth all that money that you will have to spend and trouble aquiring 4K content? When is 4K content on disc supposed to arrive - not speculation - but an actual date is nowhere to be found. And about that streaming quality...

www.iamsecond.com/films
post #1447 of 1822 Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

When is 4K content on disc supposed to arrive - not speculation - but an actual date is nowhere to be found..

I don' know about disk, but you can get the UHD video pack on an external hard drive:

https://www.sparco.com/cgi-bin/wbasket?sparco_part_number=A8WT777&qty=1&AddToCart.x=60&AddToCart.y=11
post #1448 of 1822 Old 04-07-2014, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:

Well it's not just that. There's the fact that 4K requires a tv/receiver upgrade. There's not much media and you are going to pay a high high premium for downloading the 4K movies that are there. And the nasty fact that many doubt after heavy compression that streamed 4K will even look better than the 1080p bluray. And streamed 4K is supposed to be the future

With the rollout of HDMI 2.0 older (not that old) 4K sets are rendered obsolete. Samsung seems to have the best solution with the One Connect box, but many of the older Sony sets have to be upgraded in home by a service tech to even work with the 4K player listed below

Yes true 4K images do look amazing when it's not compressed and you're not just watching upconverted 1080p which is debatably worse than Full HD on a regular 1080p set. I don't doubt that true 4K looks amazing, I have seen it in person and it's like looking through a window and you can almost reach out and touch the image. But step back 6-9 feet and it's like you can entirely lose the effect. The further back you step the less impressive it is, the less extra detail you get, and the harder to justify the price you paid

Being an early adopter isn't all it's cut out to be. If you want nightmares check out the reviews for the Sony 4K player below
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-FMP-X1-Ultra-Media-Player/dp/B00DBY5XNQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I think you have some of your facts mixed up... just because a TV is upgradable doesn't make it the best option. You have no idea how much those kits will cost and if they will even manufacture them for all their next line or scrap it for the sake of a cheaper option. Predicting what will happen with technology it's a roll of the dice period... all TV's are outdated at some point in time.

Upconverted 1080p content on 4k is not debatably better, it is. Far more detail, fidelity and in Sony's case better color accuracy.

People think buying a 4k set is only beneficial if you have 4k content which is simply not the case. Everything should look better.
post #1449 of 1822 Old 04-07-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 254
My feeling is that if you NEED to get a new tv now then there are some decent 4k sets to choose from or just get a nice 1080p set and save some money. However if you would just like to get a new tv, with the rapidly changing landscape of higher resolution panels coming and the confusion over who is really offering fully compliant HDMI 2.0 chipsets at this point in time (actually listing which HDMI 2.0 specs are available), I'd hold off till around the end of the year (Holiday Season push) or early next year. There's nothing wrong with getting a 4k set today, but I think it might be best to wait if you can.
post #1450 of 1822 Old 04-08-2014, 04:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimat View Post

Upconverted 1080p content on 4k is not debatably better, it is

Funny because there are many who have read and heard the exact opposite. I could post some quotes, and I might when I have time to get around to it, but just know your opinion is just that; an opinion

I'm not anti-4K or trying to bash it, don't get me wrong. Like I said when I viewed it for the first time is was like looking through a window with images you feel you can reach out and touch. I only have a problem with the current limited 4K offerings and difficulties that surround the technology and have not been fully resolved. In a year or two it may be a no brainer, with the kinks worked out, but not right now

www.iamsecond.com/films
post #1451 of 1822 Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17

Samsung UHD Video Pack

The Samsung UHD Video Pack comes with a 1 terabyte hard drive and is pre-loaded with major Hollywood movies in UHD (3840 x 2160) resolutions. Titles include Night at the Museum, The Counselor, X-Men Origins: Wolverine from 20th Century Fox,, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and World War Z from Paramount Pictures along with 3 unnamed documentaries and short clips. It is priced at $299.99 and ships next month.

Samsung plans to release a second pack with more UHD content in the 2nd half of 2014.

According to a prior statement the Samsung UHD video pack will only work with Samsung brand UHD TVs.

Samsung added in its press release “this year the leading streaming video providers such as Amazon, M-Go and Netflix, as well as TV providers, Comcast and DIRECTV, will be working with Samsung to find the best ways to deliver UHD content to customers.”

2014 One Connect Box

Samsung also announced a 2014 UHD Evolution Kit, model SEK-2500V in the form of a replacement outboard OneConnect box for its 4K 2013 F9000 series and UN85S9. The SEK-2500V offers an upgrade to 2014 Smart TV improvements as well as HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0 and HEVC, according to a Samsung spokesperson. It will be available in late Spring for $399

2014 Evolution Kit

The 2014 Evolution Kit, model SEK-2000 which will upgrade select 2012 and 2013 Samsung HDTVs to 2014 Smart TV functionality, including a new graphic user interface. The compatible 2013 series are the F7500and F8000 LED LCDs, the F8500 series plasma HDTVs and the KN55S9C OLED HDTV. It will be available in May for $249.

Source:

http://hdguru.com/samsung-announces-its-2014-hdtv-and-4k-model-line-with-surprises/

OR

http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-prices-2014-tvs-at-the-high-end-adds-curved-offerings/

post #1452 of 1822 Old 04-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Never gets old huh? Yeah people said they could tell a difference. However small that is

From that distance are you getting the full 4K treatment or are you just able to tell a slight difference? Is it worth all that money that you will have to spend and trouble aquiring 4K content? When is 4K content on disc supposed to arrive - not speculation - but an actual date is nowhere to be found. And about that streaming quality...

So now that Netflix has rolled out some 4K streams Cnet and others are reporting its not as good as 1080p bluray.

Whether the improvement is visible from normal viewing distances remains debatable, however there’s no denying that House of Cards S2 in 4K Ultra HD was by far and away the best-looking title we’ve seen among Netflix’s catalogue of movies and television series, making the company’s previous highest-quality [Super HD] streams seem blurry in comparison. We still think that reference-level 1080p Blu-ray transfers like Oblivion look cleaner especially during busier sequences, but Netflix has done a decent job within the shackles of manageable internet streaming bandwidth.

Links:

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/4k-streaming-201404063713.htm

http://www.cnet.com/news/netflix-begins-4k-streams/

www.iamsecond.com/films
post #1453 of 1822 Old 04-08-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 254
So, you have to buy the tv, spend another $400 for the One Connect box, and then an additional $300 for 5 movies, etc.? The One Connect box sounds good as long as Samsung specifically lists which features of HDMI 2.0 are supported. The be fully compliant (without software/firmware tweaks) new chipsets have to be incorporated and I don't think Samsung is designing and building their own chipsets. Rumor has it that someone else is and it's doubtful that they'll be selling them to other mfrs.
post #1454 of 1822 Old 04-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:

Funny because there are many who have read and heard the exact opposite. I could post some quotes, and I might when I have time to get around to it, but just know your opinion is just that; an opinion

I'm not anti-4K or trying to bash it, don't get me wrong. Like I said when I viewed it for the first time is was like looking through a window with images you feel you can reach out and touch. I only have a problem with the current limited 4K offerings and difficulties that surround the technology and have not been fully resolved. In a year or two it may be a no brainer, with the kinks worked out, but not right now

I can show you multiple comments of just opposite so what? It's not just my opinion but many others. But why take the word of someone else, go experience it yourself and make your own decision.
post #1455 of 1822 Old 04-08-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppagene View Post

I don' know about disk, but you can get the UHD video pack on an external hard drive:

https://www.sparco.com/cgi-bin/wbasket?sparco_part_number=A8WT777&qty=1&AddToCart.x=60&AddToCart.y=11

@ poppagene Do you know what movies are on this UHD hard drive?

post #1456 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 06:11 AM

Quote:

I don't know for sure, but from a couple of posts above:

The Samsung UHD Video Pack comes with a 1 terabyte hard drive and is pre-loaded with major Hollywood movies in UHD (3840 x 2160) resolutions. Titles include Night at the Museum, The Counselor, X-Men Origins: Wolverine from 20th Century Fox,, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and World War Z from Paramount Pictures along with 3 unnamed documentaries and short clips.
post #1457 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 07:31 AM

Quote:

I don't know for sure, but from a couple of posts above:

The Samsung UHD Video Pack comes with a 1 terabyte hard drive and is pre-loaded with major Hollywood movies in UHD (3840 x 2160) resolutions. Titles include Night at the Museum, The Counselor, X-Men Origins: Wolverine from 20th Century Fox,, G.I. Joe: Retaliation and World War Z from Paramount Pictures along with 3 unnamed documentaries and short clips.

Thanks poppagene.  I was just trying to confirm this wasn't the same hard drive I received free with my purchase of the F9000 in December. After looking at the two different PNs, the link you posted appears to be the NEW one with the (5) 4K movies.

There are some out on the web for sale but some sites say the item is discontinued. So if you are debating on purchasing the New UHD content with 5 movies, I would do it sooner than later. I just ordered mine today and will receive it on this Friday. Google "CY-SUC10SH/ZA" and it will come up with sites who have it still in stock.

I'll give an update on Friday/Saturday after receiving the hard drive on the content and quality of movies etc.

post #1458 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonC View Post

Thanks poppagene.  I was just trying to confirm this wasn't the same hard drive I received free with my purchase of the F9000 in December. After looking at the two different PNs, the link you posted appears to be the NEW one with the (5) 4K movies.

There are some out on the web for sale but some sites say the item is discontinued. So if you are debating on purchasing the New UHD content with 5 movies, I would do it sooner than later. I just ordered mine today and will receive it on this Friday. Google "CY-SUC10SH/ZA" and it will come up with sites who have it still in stock.

I'll give an update on Friday/Saturday after receiving the hard drive on the content and quality of movies etc.

What movies did your free hard drive ship with? According to reports on this forum and elsewhere, once you’ve got the new UHD Video Pack at home you can download more movies and documentaries as they become available from a dedicated portal and they’re included in the price of the device. You might want to check to see if the hard drive you already have has this free download capability before acquiring yet another one.
post #1459 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:

What movies did your free hard drive ship with? According to reports on this forum and elsewhere, once you’ve got the new UHD Video Pack at home you can download more movies and documentaries as they become available from a dedicated portal and they’re included in the price of the device. You might want to check to see if the hard drive you already have has this free download capability before acquiring yet another one.

I never could find the exact movies that are listed from anyone. I called Samsung and even their main outsourcing parts distributor and no one knows nothing. It says (5) 4 K movies, so I feel confident it's the newer hard drive. I did find out the hard drive was released in February, which also confirms it's the Newer hard drive. Mine came out last year and it only had documentaries and no movies. There was no where on the old hard drive that indicated anything about downloading any movies. It was the first sample 4k video content released by Samsung. But thanks for the suggestions. I will update when I get it on Friday what Movies and how the 50 download thing works or comes into play etc.

post #1460 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 11:21 AM
rlb
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

So, you have to buy the tv, spend another $400 for the One Connect box, and then an additional $300 for 5 movies, etc.? The One Connect box sounds good as long as Samsung specifically lists which features of HDMI 2.0 are supported. The be fully compliant (without software/firmware tweaks) new chipsets have to be incorporated and I don't think Samsung is designing and building their own chipsets. Rumor has it that someone else is and it's doubtful that they'll be selling them to other mfrs.

HDMI 2.0 doesn't have features to support. That's the cart before the horse. It has specifications for ensuring support of specific features contained in the electronic components it "connects". Components don't have to be "fully compliant" with what the HDMI version is capable of providing. However you are right about the fact that it would help if manufacturers did a better job of listing (especially in a standardized format/nomenclature) all the features contained in their gear.

My requirements for the one connect box have little or nothing to do with the HDMI 2.0 specs. That's maybe 5% of my concerns for this year. I want it primarily for internet sources. Frankly, I'll be very surprised if the HDMI 2.0 connections are even required by any sources available in 2014 other than computer games, which I don't use.
post #1461 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:

After looking on line further, I found the new hard drive with the 5 movies "It will be available in April for $299 and works only with Samsung 4K TVs. It includes the Fox movies "Night at the Museum," "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," and "The Counselor." The device will also include Paramount's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "World War Z," as well as three documentaries and short clips" I've heard many other websites saying an option to download 50 more movies etc. but on this source, it did not say anything. The 1TB hard drive with the movies above is model #: CY-SUC105H. http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-prices-2014-tvs-at-the-high-end-adds-curved-offerings/

The one I ordered today, which I thought was the new one was model #: CY-SUC10SH. So I have no idea on what to expect I will be receiving on Friday now. I'm more curious to be honest. The only difference in the two model numbers are the last two digits.

At least I can feel somewhat safe I do not think it's a duplicate of the free hard drive (model # CY-SUC05SF) Samsung sent me. It's only a 500GB hard drive and it has the following content on it:

Documentary

01 The Last Reef

02 Grand Canyon Adventure

03 Cappadocia

Discover True Detail

04 Nature

05 City

06 Safari

07 Taste of HD

Design story

08 Timeless Gallery Story

post #1462 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:

After looking on line further, I found the new hard drive with the 5 movies "It will be available in April for $299 and works only with Samsung 4K TVs. It includes the Fox movies "Night at the Museum," "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," and "The Counselor." The device will also include Paramount's "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "World War Z," as well as three documentaries and short clips" I've heard many other websites saying an option to download 50 more movies etc. but on this source, it did not say anything. The 1TB hard drive with the movies above is model #: CY-SUC105H. http://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-prices-2014-tvs-at-the-high-end-adds-curved-offerings/

The one I ordered today, which I thought was the new one was model #: CY-SUC10SH. So I have no idea on what to expect I will be receiving on Friday now. I'm more curious to be honest. The only difference in the two model numbers are the last two digits.

At least I can feel somewhat safe I do not think it's a duplicate of the free hard drive (model # CY-SUC05SF) Samsung sent me. It's only a 500GB hard drive and it has the following content on it:

Documentary

01 The Last Reef

02 Grand Canyon Adventure

03 Cappadocia

Discover True Detail

04 Nature

05 City

06 Safari

07 Taste of HD

Design story

08 Timeless Gallery Story

I found out more on the CY-SUC10SH I ordered today. It looks like the UK version unfortunately. This is just my guess on why the last two digits are different from the CY-SUC105H( I think US version). I have emailed bestavdeals and asked them but have not received a reply yet. I think I'm screwed on this purchase because it is not returnable. I just jumped the gun to fast I suppose on wanting to see more 4K content. I also learned this new hard drive will only work with the 2014 UHD One Connect box upgrade. See below info from source link.

" We've been wondering for a while how to make the most of Ultra HD when there isn't really much content available yet. Samsung have come up with an innovative way to get things rolling with the CY-SUC10SH Ultra HD video pack. It's not yet been launched but Samsung are advising us it will become available towards the end of June 2014.

It's essentially a USB hard drive that plugs into your Samsung TV via one of its USB ports, but thanks to clever software within your TV and this unit you'll be able to watch Ultra HD content stored on it. There's 5 pre loaded UHD movies to watch and enjoy and 32 documentaries too, giving a huge boost to your video collection.

The drive has got 500Gb of storage so there's space for you to add additional content to it at a later point if you so desire - and you can be one of the first people in the country to enjoy Ultra HD content at home. Well done Samsung!

It's compatible with any 2014 Samsung UHD television. If you have a 2013 Samsung UHD television it is not compatible unless you've upgraded your television with the 2014 UHD Evolution kit.

Confirmed content

The following films have been confirmed as being included on this Ultra HD pack.

• GI Joe 2
  • World War Z
  • Night at the Museum
  • X Men: Wolverine
  • The Counsellor

None of the documentaries have as of yet been confirmed, but 32 different documentaries will be included."

Source:

http://www.bestavdeals.co.uk/samsung-cy-suc10sh-ultra-hd-video-pack.html

post #1463 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:

It's compatible with any 2014 Samsung UHD television. If you have a 2013 Samsung UHD television it is not compatible unless you've upgraded your television with the 2014 UHD Evolution kit.

You won't be able to check until you get a 2014 connect kit. I wouldn;t be worrie dthat it's a uk version buying from a us seller. Especially since the part number is CY-SUC10SH/ZA . The ZA at the end would be XC if it was a UK version.
post #1464 of 1822 Old 04-09-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:

You won't be able to check until you get a 2014 connect kit. I wouldn;t be worrie dthat it's a uk version buying from a us seller. Especially since the part number is CY-SUC10SH/ZA . The ZA at the end would be XC if it was a UK version.

Ah, good points! I totally forgot about the ZA on the end. Now I can't await until the new 2014 one connect kit becomes available. Thanks for easing my frustration. Lol
post #1465 of 1822 Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:

Ah, good points! I totally forgot about the ZA on the end. Now I can't await until the new 2014 one connect kit becomes available. Thanks for easing my frustration. Lol

I just received this Samsung hard drive (CY-SUC10SH/ZA).  All files on the hard drive are in English. However, it only came with a total of 16 files on it in sets of 2. Since this requires the new 2014 UHD connect kit, I cannot play any of them until I upgrade. I want to take it in Best Buy and ask one of the techs to connect it to see how it looks but the manual it came with said "Internet access is required to use the UHD Video Pack. Please check the network status and ensure there is an internet connection" So the wait begins on the 2014 UHD connect kit.

Is 30GB -35GB sound about right for the size of a 4K movie size? For some reason I thought it would be larger

FIle 1: Cappadocia.smi = Size is 52KB

File 2: Cappadocia.um4 = 11.2GB(UHD file) Looks like this is the same file on the free Samsung Hard drive they sent for purchasing F9000 in 2013.

File 3: G_I_Joe2.smi = 3.02MB

File 4: G_I_Joe2.um4 = 32.1GB(UHD file)

File 5: Grand_Canyon.smi = 57.1KB

File 6: Grand_Canyon.um4 = 12.0GB(UHD file) Looks like this is the same file on the free Samsung Hard drive they sent for purchasing F9000 in 2013.

File 7: Night_At_The_Museum.smi = 3.46MB

File 8: Night_At_The_Museum.um4 = 31.6GB(UHD file)

File 9: The_Counselor.smi = 4.02MB

File 10: The_Counselor.um4 = 34.1GB(UHD file)

File 11: The_Last_Reef.smi = 33.0KB

File 12: The_Last_Reef.um4 = 10.1GB(UHD file) Looks like this is the same file on the free Samsung Hard drive they sent for purchasing F9000 in 2013.

File 13: World_War_Z.smi = 3.37MB

File 14: World_War_Z.um4 = 33.8GB(UHD file)

File 15: XMen_Origins_Wolverine.smi = 2.13MB

File 16: XMen_Origins_Wolverine.um4 = 31.2GB(UHD file)

post #1466 of 1822 Old 04-10-2014, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Does the manual mention downloadable titles for the future?
post #1467 of 1822 Old 04-10-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettern View Post

Does the manual mention downloadable titles for the future?

Nothing at all. I think I jumped the gun on purchasing it to be honest. So the one we keep hearing about the downloadable titles for the future might be on the hard drive model CY-SUC105H. If I had it to do all over again, I would've waited until that model became available because after purchasing model CY-SUC10SH/ZA, I found the one referenced on most sites was CY-SUC105H but I did not find it for sale anywhere yet.

post #1468 of 1822 Old 04-11-2014, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 63

The Samsung UHD video pack is available here:

http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=TW8777

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1172.3 October 16, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360 UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH1/ZA
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
post #1469 of 1822 Old 04-11-2014, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 63

try looking at PCNation, it's for sale there for $209.40 the CY-SUC10SH/ZA 

UN55F9000AFXZA, Firmware updated to 1172.3 October 16, 2014
SEK2500U/ZA, UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH/ZA, UHD Content CY-SUC05SF/ZA
Hauppauge HD PVR, X Box 360 UHD Video Pack CY-SUC10SH1/ZA
Ceton Echo Windows Media Center Extender, GOgroove AirBand Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
KINIVO 301BN HDMI HUB, 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub, Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth
BD-C6900/XAA 3D Blu-Ray Player, Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
post #1470 of 1822 Old 04-11-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priuscat View Post

try looking at PCNation, it's for sale there for $209.40 the CY-SUC10SH/ZA 

Yeah, that is the one I bought and received. It came with the below content on it. The one I was looking for was CY-SUC105H. I did buy the CY-SUC10SH/ZA from pcnation.

FIle 1: Cappadocia.smi = Size is 52KB
File 2: Cappadocia.um4 = 11.2GB(UHD file) Looks like this is the same file on the free Samsung Hard drive they sent for purchasing F9000 in 2013.

File 3: G_I_Joe2.smi = 3.02MB
File 4: G_I_Joe2.um4 = 32.1GB(UHD file)

File 5: Grand_Canyon.smi = 57.1KB
File 6: Grand_Canyon.um4 = 12.0GB(UHD file) Looks like this is the same file on the free Samsung Hard drive they sent for purchasing F9000 in 2013.

File 7: Night_At_The_Museum.smi = 3.46MB
File 8: Night_At_The_Museum.um4 = 31.6GB(UHD file)

File 9: The_Counselor.smi = 4.02MB
File 10: The_Counselor.um4 = 34.1GB(UHD file)

File 11: The_Last_Reef.smi = 33.0KB
File 12: The_Last_Reef.um4 = 10.1GB(UHD file) Looks like this is the same file on the free Samsung Hard drive they sent for purchasing F9000 in 2013.

File 13: World_War_Z.smi = 3.37MB
File 14: World_War_Z.um4 = 33.8GB(UHD file)

File 15: XMen_Origins_Wolverine.smi = 2.13MB
File 16: XMen_Origins_Wolverine.um4 = 31.2GB(UHD file)
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Samsung , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000
Gear in this thread - Un75es9000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page