OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread - Page 55 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1621 of 1756 Old 05-29-2014, 10:49 AM
Member
 
poppagene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

So anyone upgrade from the previous SEK 1000 kit or are most of you first time upgraders? For those who had the first kit what did you pay and do you think it was worth it compared to the old one

paid $179.72 shipped last year for the sek-1000 and paid 189.36 shipped this year for the SEK-2000. If I had it do do over again I would have waited for the SEK-2000. When Samsung gets the firmware straightened out it's zippier browser is worth it for me. However, the SEK-1000 was less buggy out of the box. I uninstallaed the SEK-2000 after giving it a spin and will wait for Samsung to fix the netflix issue before putting it back into service. The pointer function built into the new remote is a plus as well. (Whilel the new remote works with the SEK-1000 as well, the pointer function is only available when the SEK-2000 is in place).
gamermwm likes this.
poppagene is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1622 of 1756 Old 05-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Member
 
dvdmd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I didn't check 3D but my picture settings wouldn't respond and I was getting some wierd discoloration.
dvdmd1 is offline  
post #1623 of 1756 Old 05-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Member
 
USMCj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
3D on mine (60" F8500 plasma) using SEK-2000 is fully functional, and better than before the EVO kit.
USMCj is offline  
post #1624 of 1756 Old 05-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Member
 
Ldc2335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCj View Post

3D on mine (60" F8500 plasma) using SEK-2000 is fully functional, and better than before the EVO kit.

Good to hear, if the replacement has issues I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe just hold out till the last day I can return it and pray for a firmware update.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.
Ldc2335 is offline  
post #1625 of 1756 Old 05-29-2014, 07:00 PM
Member
 
dvdmd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Just got my replacement and still having picture settings issue and 3D Does not work,Will be sending this one back too and getting a refund.Maybe if I hear all these issues have been resolved I'll try again.
dvdmd1 is offline  
post #1626 of 1756 Old 05-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Member
 
USMCj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
probably a firmware issue. Since the SEK-2000 isn't even on samsungs website, I doubt we will see any new firmware releases until samsung officially lists the 2014 EVO kit on their website. Instead of returning them, try calling samsung support and report the problem to them so they can have a record of it. That way they will be aware of the problem and fix it.
USMCj is offline  
post #1627 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
So anyone upgrade from the previous SEK 1000 kit or are most of you first time upgraders? For those who had the first kit what did you pay and do you think it was worth it compared to the old one

not yet, but going to. i payed 235€ for it here in netherlands. hopefully it's worth it, reading about the problems experienced. then again, it was also like that last year with sek-1000 early adopters and they fixed everything not so long after.


Klipsch RF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz

Yamaha YST-SW800/1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz

Yamaha RX-463 Amp 5x100W RMS

Monitor flatline 1.5mm pro wire

Samsung UE-ES8000S TV

PS3

DaJoJo is offline  
post #1628 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 05:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCj View Post

probably a firmware issue. Since the SEK-2000 isn't even on samsungs website, I doubt we will see any new firmware releases until samsung officially lists the 2014 EVO kit on their website. Instead of returning them, try calling samsung support and report the problem to them so they can have a record of it. That way they will be aware of the problem and fix it.

most of the time it is an installation error and ppl didn't read the manual or didn't use the right steps for a correct install of the thing or screwed up the connector/didn't attach it good to the back of the tv/forgot to unplug the tv and didn't wait a minute before attaching. any firmware issues will be most likely fixed in the end.


Klipsch RF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz

Yamaha YST-SW800/1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz

Yamaha RX-463 Amp 5x100W RMS

Monitor flatline 1.5mm pro wire

Samsung UE-ES8000S TV

PS3

DaJoJo is offline  
post #1629 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Member
 
dvdmd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I followed all directions,Installed,Uninstall,reset and still have issues.I was going to return it but will hold out til all issues are resolved.
dvdmd1 is offline  
post #1630 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 09:18 AM
Newbie
 
2smart20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi all,

I got my SEK-2000 two weeks ago so, now I have a complete testing experience of the new product. I upgraded my ES8000/ver. 2011.1 directly to ES8000+SEK-2000/ver.1001.7/1001.9.

Everything is clearly faster and the new smart hub is awesome. Anyhow I've to remark the following issues:

 

1. H.265/HEVC codec not recognized [CRITICAL! That's one of the feature I was looking for this upgrade]

2. Playing of recordings unstable because after a random period, while watching, the TV restarts. [CRITICAL! The recording feature is useless...]

3. DLNA: The previous interface (2012) was designed to select the last viewed streams, allowing faster access...the new one just gives links to Youtube or other useless stuff.

 

I called the Samsung support but, so far, as the product is brand new, they didn't give me any solution apart from replacing the product or waiting for a new SW version.

Does anyone of you have experiences the issues/bugs reported above?

Thanks for your support.

2smart20 is offline  
post #1631 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2smart20 View Post

Hi all,
I got my SEK-2000 two weeks ago so, now I have a complete testing experience of the new product. I upgraded my ES8000/ver. 2011.1 directly to ES8000+SEK-2000/ver.1001.7/1001.9.
Everything is clearly faster and the new smart hub is awesome. Anyhow I've to remark the following issues:

1. H.265/HEVC codec not recognized [CRITICAL! That's one of the feature I was looking for this upgrade]
2. Playing of recordings unstable because after a random period, while watching, the TV restarts. [CRITICAL! The recording feature is useless...]
3. DLNA: The previous interface (2012) was designed to select the last viewed streams, allowing faster access...the new one just gives links to Youtube or other useless stuff.

I called the Samsung support but, so far, as the product is brand new, they didn't give me any solution apart from replacing the product or waiting for a new SW version.
Does anyone of you have experiences the issues/bugs reported above?
Thanks for your support.
Recording? So I can assume that you are and have a European version?

Frank

Samsung UN46ES8000F TV, Samsung WMN350M mini wall mount, Samsung VG-KBD1500 bluetooth keyboard, Samsung HT-E6730W home theater
Highland Logan is offline  
post #1632 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 02:25 PM
Newbie
 
2smart20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes! I forgot to say..mine is SEK-2000/XC.


Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
2smart20 is offline  
post #1633 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 04:55 PM
Member
 
poppagene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post

Recording? So I can assume that you are and have a European version?

Frank

If you have the Samsung service remote you can turn on the pvr function.


Amazon Videos quit working on the reinsstall of my SEK-1000/ZA so i gave the SEK-2000 one more try. Still no netflix, but Amazon and Skype are working now as is the sound customizer which I had a problem with. For the curious, 3D works fine and I can adjust the set color including white 2 point balance and it doe smake a difference. At least I can get the 2D netflix from my tivo while I'm waiting for a netflix app.
poppagene is online now  
post #1634 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Member
 
USMCj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
2d netflix? You mean these TV's can get 3D content from netflix?
USMCj is offline  
post #1635 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 7,077
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 228
I certainly hope that Samsung will compensate you early adopters for beta testing.
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #1636 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Member
 
poppagene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCj View Post

2d netflix? You mean these TV's can get 3D content from netflix?

Yes
poppagene is online now  
post #1637 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Member
 
Ldc2335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I got my replacement sek-2000 from Amazon today. Install was a breeze. Everything is working including 3d.

Knock on wood.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.
Ldc2335 is offline  
post #1638 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Member
 
USMCj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Here is a development. I am no longer able to use voice search to search for netflix to see if a new version has been released. It keeps saying "Im sorry, I can't run this function". But I am able to voice search any other app.

Could someone with a SEK-2000 try to voice search netflix and report back?
USMCj is offline  
post #1639 of 1756 Old 05-30-2014, 08:27 PM
Member
 
Ldc2335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCj View Post

Here is a development. I am no longer able to use voice search to search for netflix to see if a new version has been released. It keeps saying "Im sorry, I can't run this function". But I am able to voice search any other app.

Could someone with a SEK-2000 try to voice search netflix and report back?

Same. Looks like they removed it. Maybe they are finally aware and working on it. Fingers crossed.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.
Ldc2335 is offline  
post #1640 of 1756 Old 05-31-2014, 02:56 AM
Newbie
 
Cazador-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi all

 

I recently bought the sek-2000 for ES8000, and i contact samsung for resolve the problem to playback content from usb devices.

I am waiting for resolve it:

When playback any avi file, mpeg file the ES8000 TV is restarting at 2 minutes of playback.

The Samsung support said me that i have to upgrade TV firmware the version 2011 from USB (in the official website it not shown, and onlye only upgrade to 2009) and later insert  evolution kit on the tv.

I am waiting for news from samsung support to resolve this issue. I think that a new firmware upgrade for evolution kit (sek-2000) will resolve the problem.

¿any have the same issue? Thanks all

 
Cazador- is offline  
post #1641 of 1756 Old 05-31-2014, 02:59 AM
Newbie
 
Cazador-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

i have the same issue:

 

2. Playing of recordings unstable because after a random period, while watching, the TV restarts. [CRITICAL! The recording feature is useless...]

 

i think that is a firmware problem

Cazador- is offline  
post #1642 of 1756 Old 05-31-2014, 03:40 AM
Member
 
USMCj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldc2335 View Post

Same. Looks like they removed it. Maybe they are finally aware and working on it. Fingers crossed.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.

Cool thanks!
USMCj is offline  
post #1643 of 1756 Old 05-31-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2smart20 View Post
 

Hi all,

I got my SEK-2000 two weeks ago so, now I have a complete testing experience of the new product. I upgraded my ES8000/ver. 2011.1 directly to ES8000+SEK-2000/ver.1001.7/1001.9.

Everything is clearly faster and the new smart hub is awesome. Anyhow I've to remark the following issues:

 

1. H.265/HEVC codec not recognized [CRITICAL! That's one of the feature I was looking for this upgrade]

2. Playing of recordings unstable because after a random period, while watching, the TV restarts. [CRITICAL! The recording feature is useless...]

3. DLNA: The previous interface (2012) was designed to select the last viewed streams, allowing faster access...the new one just gives links to Youtube or other useless stuff.

 

I called the Samsung support but, so far, as the product is brand new, they didn't give me any solution apart from replacing the product or waiting for a new SW version.

Does anyone of you have experiences the issues/bugs reported above?

Thanks for your support.

1. not so strange as es8000 doesn't do 4K, so it isn't really needed.

2. probably firmware problem or u need to reformat the usb-drive getting rid of older recordings and indexes

3. that sucks.. it only works with samsung link, i needed to remove the old allshare to make it work ok.


Klipsch RF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz

Yamaha YST-SW800/1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz

Yamaha RX-463 Amp 5x100W RMS

Monitor flatline 1.5mm pro wire

Samsung UE-ES8000S TV

PS3

DaJoJo is offline  
post #1644 of 1756 Old 06-01-2014, 01:10 AM
Newbie
 
2smart20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJoJo View Post
 

1. not so strange as es8000 doesn't do 4K, so it isn't really needed.

2. probably firmware problem or u need to reformat the usb-drive getting rid of older recordings and indexes

3. that sucks.. it only works with samsung link, i needed to remove the old allshare to make it work ok.

Well..

1. H.265/HEVC is the evolution of H.264 so it is candidate to be the codec of the future and of course it may be used to encode any source, from the worst resolutions to 8K and more, up to 8192×4320. The SEK-2000/XC should perform HW decoding but, with the samples of streams that I used, I only got errors or TV reboots. Any of you succeeded to play an HEVC decoded stream?

2. I will try to format the drive again...

3. Yes...Using Samsung Link it was very useful to have the latest views ready to be used. What do you mean with " i needed to remove the old allshare to make it work ok"? 

Anyhow, I found the new DLNA client a bit ugly with the violet background, and as I said, useless to have videos from youtube, dailymotion or flickr to be proposed. The best would be to have the latest views (following the S-Recommendation idea), and in case of usb drive present, when selecting one of the latest views to have the video starting where left.

Thanks!

 

2smart20 is offline  
post #1645 of 1756 Old 06-01-2014, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DaJoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2smart20 View Post

Well..

1. H.265/HEVC is the evolution of H.264 so it is candidate to be the codec of the future and of course it may be used to encode any source, from the worst resolutions to 8K and more, up to 8192×4320. The SEK-2000/XC should perform HW decoding but, with the samples of streams that I used, I only got errors or TV reboots. Any of you succeeded to play an HEVC decoded stream?

2. I will try to format the drive again...

3. Yes...Using Samsung Link it was very useful to have the latest views ready to be used. What do you mean with " i needed to remove the old allshare to make it work ok"? 

Anyhow, I found the new DLNA client a bit ugly with the violet background, and as I said, useless to have videos from youtube, dailymotion or flickr to be proposed. The best would be to have the latest views (following the S-Recommendation idea), and in case of usb drive present, when selecting one of the latest views to have the video starting where left.

Thanks!

1. yes true but HEVC would require extra licences for samsung to pay and as it is primarily used for 4k and up content, i don't see no reason that older tv should support it as h.264 works fine. shouldn't crash on it offcourse. i did not see anywhere stated that sek-2000 should support it either, perhaps you have some specs where it says so ? would be nice if it does though. i'll try when i get my sek-2000 and tell you how it went.

3. allshare was the former version of samsung link. i had both and it tended to screw up the tv a lot of times and allshare crashed my pc sometimes too. when i removed allshare , link worked ok. i needed allshare coz it makes a mp3-player icon in windows network which mediaplayer uses for remote watching. i.e. you start movie in win mediaplayer and tell it to play on remote device (tv) and it came with a popup and play it on tv with remotecontrols on pc. yeah i don't like these youtube/dailymotion/bla either nor these you have to watch these pay-movies. 2013 version had a separate page with latest views and started movie where it was left, i like that a lot.


Klipsch RF-82-II 150W 33Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RC-64-II 200W 59Hz-24KHz

Klipsch RS-62-II 150W 50Hz-24KHz

Yamaha YST-SW800/1500 Subwoofers 1000W RMS 6 Ohm 18-170 hz

Yamaha RX-463 Amp 5x100W RMS

Monitor flatline 1.5mm pro wire

Samsung UE-ES8000S TV

PS3

DaJoJo is offline  
post #1646 of 1756 Old 06-02-2014, 06:35 AM
Member
 
oldprof's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I note that Samsung will be using Tizen OS on their smart TV's next year. (Sorry, I don't have the link). I'll bet that the 3000 series of Evolution Kits will also be running Tizen, which (according to early reports) is much more responsive than currently is the case. Maybe we should hold off for a year?? :-)
oldprof is offline  
post #1647 of 1756 Old 06-02-2014, 07:59 AM
Member
 
Ldc2335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm getting ready to send my Evo kit back for good.

This morning I had to power on and off the TV three times for it to turn on.

And, the ff, rw buttons don't work for my dvr. They bring up the TVs accessibility menu and screen size menu. Wtf Samsung.

Hoping for a firmware update Very soon or its back to Amazon. Again.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.
Ldc2335 is offline  
post #1648 of 1756 Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Member
 
dvdmd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I just sent my 2nd SEK-2000 back to Amazon for a refund.It just messes up my picture and When I adjust white balance or color tone the picture stays the same and 3D doesn't work.I'm done with this EVO thingy for now.
dvdmd1 is offline  
post #1649 of 1756 Old 06-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Member
 
Ldc2335's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdmd1 View Post

I just sent my 2nd SEK-2000 back to Amazon for a refund.It just messes up my picture and When I adjust white balance or color tone the picture stays the same and 3D doesn't work.I'm done with this EVO thingy for now.

Yeah, so much for an upgrade, more like a headache.

We always have next year. Lol.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.
Ldc2335 is offline  
post #1650 of 1756 Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Member
 
poppagene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldc2335 View Post

I'm getting ready to send my Evo kit back for good.

Hoping for a firmware update Very soon or its back to Amazon. Again.

I wouldn't recommend buying this before Samsung fixes it.
poppagene is online now  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Samsung , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off