OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread - Page 64 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > LCD Flat Panel Displays > OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread

LCD Flat Panel Displays

tman247's Avatar tman247
12:58 PM Liked: 33
post #1891 of 1907
11-27-2014 | Posts: 895
Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by pettern View Post
Why would the TV be required to decode the BD stream with h265? HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 I understand, but the codec requirement in the TV makes no sense. Where do you get this information from?
Fair point. I was more thinking of SmartTV's to be honest, where you might be streaming 4K. As long as the 4K BD player has HEVC support, and the TV has HDMI2.0 (or ideally, HDMI2.2) you should be ok. Difficult taking into consideration devices that could still be over a year away from becoming available.
GypsyDRB's Avatar GypsyDRB
11:43 AM Liked: 10
post #1892 of 1907
11-29-2014 | Posts: 20
Joined: Apr 2010
Just updated to 1016. not sure what the fixes are...google wasn't helpful at this point.
GypsyDRB's Avatar GypsyDRB
03:59 PM Liked: 10
post #1893 of 1907
11-30-2014 | Posts: 20
Joined: Apr 2010
Totally unscientific, but i pulled my sek-1000 out today...did the 1056 update, reset the tv, put the sek1000 back in...it updated to 1016, redid my settings and i swear my picture is better

/shrug.
afsalva
12:05 PM Liked: 0
post #1894 of 1907
12-03-2014 | Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 2014
I had the same below wifif issue with SEK-1000. Samsung sent me a new SEK-2000 as they couldnt fix the issue with SEK-1000. Here is my issue,
I have a Samsung ES8000 TV with SEK-2000 evolution kit. I am not able to access wifi if i connect my Evo kit to the TV. But if i remove the Evo kit i am able to access internet through wifi. Is it a problem which can be fixed?

Can someone plese help?
afsalva
12:09 PM Liked: 0
post #1895 of 1907
12-03-2014 | Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 2014
Anyone else having wifi issues with SEK-2000 & ES8000 TV? I am not able to ocnnect to a wifif network if i atatch Evo Kit to my TV. But if i remove the Evo Kit i am able to access wifi networks. Can someone please help?

Actually my SEK-2000 is the replace Samsung sent for the same issue with my SEK-1000. But i think this one also has the same issue.
afsalva
08:35 AM Liked: 0
post #1896 of 1907
12-04-2014 | Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 2014
Using the last post from the below link i was able to fix the wifi issue of my UN55ES8000 + SEK-2000.

http :// forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-615399/samsung-es8000-wifi-network-problem/

Here is what is mentioned in the post

Problems: Ue65es8000
wifi search network and after that suddenly skip out ....
no connect to wifi
just connect to first wifi that i config at the first time
in secret menu: sometimes i saw wifi MAC and sometime it show fail massage

solution :
put tv in stand by mode
push mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > power ( it is secret or service menu )
be careful, don't change others things
go to: Control > sub option and change "wifi region" and chose A
go back
go to: SVC > SVC restart

now your tv will be restart again and ask you to config it

I hope it work for you to
Please report you test here

gamermwm's Avatar gamermwm
05:02 PM Liked: 68
post #1897 of 1907
12-05-2014 | Posts: 823
Joined: Sep 2010
So I noticed that there was a new software update notification for my SEK-1000. I'm probably not going to update again since I remember hearing somewhere that Samsung was ending support for Dolby Digital/DTS support on certain older models
Watcher12's Avatar Watcher12
05:53 PM Liked: 18
post #1898 of 1907
12-17-2014 | Posts: 198
Joined: Jul 2012
Does the SEK-2000 update the F8500's HDMI to 2.0?
JimP
04:24 AM Liked: 213
post #1899 of 1907
12-18-2014 | Posts: 15,557
Joined: Sep 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher12 View Post
Does the SEK-2000 update the F8500's HDMI to 2.0?
I don't really know but I am curious as to why it would make any difference as the F8500 isn't a 4K display.
Watcher12's Avatar Watcher12
08:09 AM Liked: 18
post #1900 of 1907
12-18-2014 | Posts: 198
Joined: Jul 2012
3D gaming via PC at 1920x1080, 60fps.
poppagene's Avatar poppagene
09:40 AM Liked: 15
post #1901 of 1907
12-18-2014 | Posts: 202
Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher12 View Post
Does the SEK-2000 update the F8500's HDMI to 2.0?
no
Arne de Booij
03:27 PM Liked: 0
post #1902 of 1907
12-19-2014 | Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 2014
So, have the UE40ES8000 and trying to get the SEK-1000 running on it. Was able to get it almost all the way there but...no wireless anymore. Have been on the phone with Samsung support, just went through a RM session but still no dice. Updated to the new firmware for the TV (2015 version, released today) and followed the samsung rep's instructions to the letter. Was able to see the wireless networks during the setup but not able to connect. Now, after a few tries, they don't even show up.

Have upgraded to latest firmware for the SEK-1000: 1013.0. but still no wireless.

Tried getting into the menu afsalva mentioned above but don't see it, the TV just turns on when I press the '1' in the sequence

push mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > power ( it is secret or service menu )

Any suggestions for what else I can try?
fabhead
09:57 AM Liked: 0
post #1903 of 1907
12-21-2014 | Posts: 1
Joined: Dec 2014
I have 2 native Samsung TVs and am thinking of purchasing Evo Kits in January - could anyone please tell me whihc ones I need for which TVs and whether I should expect any issues?

Model Code:UE55ES8000UXXU
FW 2015.5

Model Code:UE40F6500SBXXU
FW 2102.2

Do I need evolution kit SEK-1000 or SEK-2000? or something else?

Thanks
afsalva
04:05 PM Liked: 0
post #1904 of 1907
12-22-2014 | Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne de Booij View Post
So, have the UE40ES8000 and trying to get the SEK-1000 running on it. Was able to get it almost all the way there but...no wireless anymore. Have been on the phone with Samsung support, just went through a RM session but still no dice. Updated to the new firmware for the TV (2015 version, released today) and followed the samsung rep's instructions to the letter. Was able to see the wireless networks during the setup but not able to connect. Now, after a few tries, they don't even show up.

Have upgraded to latest firmware for the SEK-1000: 1013.0. but still no wireless.

Tried getting into the menu afsalva mentioned above but don't see it, the TV just turns on when I press the '1' in the sequence

push mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > power ( it is secret or service menu )

Any suggestions for what else I can try?
My instructions are for US model TV (UN series). For international TVs (UE series) you need to use Info -> menu -> mute -> power

see the below Youtube video. Check the comments section also

Search for "Samsung led tv factory reset" in youtube. I am not able to paste links here.
myst4ry
10:37 AM Liked: 10
post #1905 of 1907
12-25-2014 | Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabhead View Post
I have 2 native Samsung TVs and am thinking of purchasing Evo Kits in January - could anyone please tell me whihc ones I need for which TVs and whether I should expect any issues?

Model Code:UE55ES8000UXXU
FW 2015.5

Model Code:UE40F6500SBXXU
FW 2102.2

Do I need evolution kit SEK-1000 or SEK-2000? or something else?

Thanks
Don't buy an EK, they are just trouble.

It's buggy as hell with my 55ES8000.

Bluetooth problems, 3D, problems, netflix sound problems, netflix starting problems, wifi/ethernet problems.

I need to restart my TV to fix these bugs, but it doesn't completely fix them.
poppagene's Avatar poppagene
02:04 PM Liked: 15
post #1906 of 1907
12-25-2014 | Posts: 202
Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by afsalva View Post
My instructions are for US model TV (UN series). For international TVs (UE series) you need to use Info -> menu -> mute -> power

see the below Youtube video. Check the comments section also

Search for "Samsung led tv factory reset" in youtube. I am not able to paste links here.
More likely the wifi module crapped out
sky190176
12:47 AM Liked: 0
post #1907 of 1907
Today | Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 2014
Samsung came out too, mine and took tv away.....replaced evo kit

now it remember things after a cold start, but now a new set of issues with the evo kit showed.

now the smart remote works for about 2 mins after switching on then stops, if you you pair the remote again it comes up "not available" And it doesnt like wifi, have to run cat5 to it from router.

defiantly do not recommend getting one
Tags: Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Samsung , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000

Gear in this thread - Un75es9000 by PriceGrabber.com
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Subscribe to this Thread

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3