Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdkiller View Post

Ill buy one if it gets rid of the cmr 240 fake crap and give 120hz refresh rate with motion blur instead of judder crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

you know you can turn off the automotion plus my friend...if you dont like it like me...just turn it offf....simple as that tongue.gif
u miss my point again lmao there a difference I don't want judder I want motion blur automotion plus is fake as hell.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

u miss my point again lmao there a difference I don't want judder I want motion blur automotion plus is fake as hell.

Again, the recent year models you can customize your blur and judder....you can set each one independently on and off.... or set increments to each one as you wish.... the option is there in the mid to high end models of the sammys.....

so I really dont know what your issue is....

post #183 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad0118 View Post

Hopefully it wasnt the same guy that at last years CES said that it would come with improvements to both smile.gif they would never do that BTW. Samsung is in the business of making money, and there just would not be enough of a market for two different types of an EVO kit. Heck, they arent even giving LEDs / Plasmas different versions.

I'll say this again... There is nothing about the Evo kit that would require two different versions for different model TVs. All that needs to be done is that the Evo Kit checks the model number or unique ID of the TV when it's connected and activate whatever needs to be activated and updated for that particular TV. There's nothing about it that would require different kits for different TVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5362 View Post

Or the guy in one of the YouTube videos from this year that mentions "it will even make the picture better" as the camera was moving away. I would think that they would be bragging all over the net if this Evo kit was to give us better picture quality. I would also think that when Tim Baxter and Joe Stinziano were up on stage announcing this kit that they would have mentioned improved picture quality also. All these things is what makes me believe that were not going to get that, so This is why Im not getting my hopes up. I would love it if it does, and I hope when it comes out that it does, but I'm not going to get excited about it until its out.

I more or less have the same opinion as you here. I'm not expecting much, but it could happen. I'm hoping we get surprised with what it will enable for our 2012s. The fact is we simply don't know yet. I'll wait to find out exactly what it's going to do before I start complaining about salt being poured in the wound. What wound is he referring to anyway (not you Anthony)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman9 View Post

I am looking forward to their bad decisions catching up with them so we don't have to not buy their products!

Well said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #184 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestered View Post

I'll say this again... There is nothing about the Evo kit that would require two different versions for different model TVs. All that needs to be done is that the Evo Kit checks the model number or unique ID of the TV when it's connected and activate whatever needs to be activated and updated for that particular TV. There's nothing about it that would require different kits for different TVs.
I more or less have the same opinion as you here. I'm not expecting much, but it could happen. I'm hoping we get surprised with what it will enable for our 2012s. The fact is we simply don't know yet. I'll wait to find out exactly what it's going to do before I start complaining about salt being poured in the wound. What wound is he referring to anyway (not you Anthony)?
Well said.

it does not need to differentiate between the different types of tvs because whats being upgraded is the same - processor, memory, and software, There would be no need for it to activate certain functions for some tvs and not others,

TC-P65VT50
Marantz NR1403
Bose Acoustimass 10
Panasonic BDT220 Blu Ray Player
post #185 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

it does not need to differentiate between the different types of tvs because whats being upgraded is the same - processor, memory, and software, There would be no need for it to activate certain functions for some tvs and not others,

You're missing the point. It keeps being said that certain features cannot be added to a TV that *could* support it over a TV that cannot support it because there is only one box. That's not true. If the panel in the 8000 and new 9000 are the same, and the new dimming in the new TVs is software based, then technically they could add that new dimming feature to the 8000 even though other TVs cannot support it. Because there's only one Evo Kit box does not mean that they cannot activate certain features on TVs that can support it while not activating those same features on TVs that cannot support the same thing.

post #186 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:

You're missing the point. It keeps being said that certain features cannot be added to a TV that *could* support it over a TV that cannot support it because there is only one box. That's not true. If the panel in the 8000 and new 9000 are the same, and the new dimming in the new TVs is software based, then technically they could add that new dimming feature to the 8000 even though other TVs cannot support it. Because there's only one Evo Kit box does not mean that they cannot activate certain features on TVs that can support it while not activating those same features on TVs that cannot support the same thing.

Do you have a source that shows the 9000 and 8000 series share the same panel??

TC-P65VT50
Marantz NR1403
Bose Acoustimass 10
post #187 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No, I don't. I don't remember where I read that or who said it, but I've seen that a couple of times. That does not make it a fact and I don't know if they are the same panels or not, but it's been mentioned elsewhere. No one is going to know for sure until the TVs are released. No one is going to know for sure what the Evo Kit does either until it's released. I'll sit back patiently and wait to find out the facts. Do I expect Samsung to add the new dimming feature to my TV if they do indeed share the same panel? Probably not. Would it be possible? Sure. Will Samsung surprise us all and add some of these things with the kit? I don't know yet and will wait to make my decision on whether or not I'll buy the kit. Even if it's just a CPU, GPU and memory upgrade, I'll buy it if it's a reasonable price.

Also, from what some people have said, the PQ of the 9000 is on par with the 8000, so I wouldn't expect to get any major upgrade in PQ if buying the Evo Kit.

post #188 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

I just came across this that mentions more features of the kit that I haven't heard about before. Sorry if this has been discussed already.

http://samsungevolutionkit.com/specific-functionality-of-the-evolution-kit/#more-43

For all the people that were saying that Samsung never said anything about improved PQ because it won't have any, look at the video. They're marketing "improved PQ" in the video at CES. Some things I found interesting was the multi-person video chat and 3D games, which I'm assuming are Samsung App games. I'm also curious what the "Enhanced Apps" are all about.

post #189 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 07:38 PM

Location: Some where over the 4 or 5 hour freeway in LALA land
Liked: 70
Quote:

I just came across this that mentions more features of the kit that I haven't heard about before. Sorry if this has been discussed already.

http://samsungevolutionkit.com/specific-functionality-of-the-evolution-kit/#more-43

For all the people that were saying that Samsung never said anything about improved PQ because it won't have any, look at the video. They're marketing "improved PQ" in the video at CES. Some things I found interesting was the multi-person video chat and 3D games, which I'm assuming are Samsung App games. I'm also curious what the "Enhanced Apps" are all about.

This is the video that they were showing last year at the 2012 show when Samsung said that if we buy the ES8000 or 7500 then in 2013 we will be able to buy this Evo kit and get all these extra nice features. The thing is though, they didn't release a video like this where it says "improved picture" this year like they did last year. This is why a lot of people will be upset if it doesn't Improve picture quality because a lot of people saw this same video last year and this year before they went and spent $3K thinking that in 2013 they will get an even better picture with this kit so long as they buy the 7500 to 8000 models.

This is why Samsung should be sticking to what they originally said because this is what they promised us if we bought these sets. I hope they realize this and change a few things before they release it. If they see that their consumers are upset and want better picture quality over anything else, then I wouldn't see why they wouldn't give us that if that's what's going to make us buy it and sell more kits. Maybe if the kit doesn't give us any of these picture improvements this year and they realize this is what the average consumer wants then they can always do it with the kits next year.
post #190 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:

I've heard this also from someone high up in their corporate office when I was considering getting the 9000 because of the banding issues on my 65". He basically told me that they have the same panels which is why I didn't buy the ES9000. I just didnt think the $9K was worth it if had the same panel as the 65" ES8000
post #191 of 1811 Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

I've heard this also from someone high up in their corporate office when I was considering getting the 9000 because of the banding issues on my 65". He basically told me that they have the same panels which is why I didn't buy the ES9000. I just didnt think the $9K was worth it if had the same panel as the 65" ES8000

This is really interesting as I was talking with a senior guy that runs a large chunk of their purchasing and he had told me that Samsung doesn't make long term commitments on its panel purchases for the very reason that panel quality is hard to ensure and they need to be able to change horses. Even when they do make commitments they have quality outs in the contracts. The point being that it is pretty speculative to say what panel is in a given model since even Samsung doesn't know...
post #192 of 1811 Old 01-22-2013, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

I said I dont want it that judder crap on or off I want motion blur on all the time lmao u still don't get it I know I can set the judder settings but it not the same as motion blur .I don't want this judder crap do u understand now have u ever own a 120hz refresh rate tv before just asking if you did you would know the difference between motion blur and judder.

Go to the Motion Plus menu. Set Blur Reduction to 10. Set Judder Reduction to 0. Full motion blur will now be on all the time and Judder processing is completely turned off. That's how it works and that's how you do it. The 240hz 8000 just gives you additional independent variable control over a setting that is often times just "on" or "off" with a 120hz TV.
post #193 of 1811 Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM

Liked: 20
As a plasma owner (PN51e7000)I'd be disappointed if the Evo Kit is geared toward fixing dimming, black and SOE/judder issues. Don't get me wrong,I'd be happy for you guys but those things aren't relevant to me.

If they could give my set darker blacks I'd be happy with that but otherwise my picture quality is pretty spot on.

Wonder why they're so tight lipped about the whole thing?
post #194 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndeaverouX View Post

thanx for adding to my PS3 point....could not have said better myself....great input..... biggrin.gif

I may upgrade if they make the Smart Hub interface similar to LG's which is much much better, what a smart TV UI should look like!
post #195 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 04:07 AM

So what is the best investment for getting best audio output using my lovely PS3 as the main blu ray and video streaming device? Shall I just add a well equipped hi end 5.1 speaker system (which brand)? I always thought buying a separate 5.1 home theater system is waste of money as I already have the bells and whistles with my PS3. I'm no pro and don't know how to invest my money wisely, also don t trust sales people at all they are my worst enemies! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
post #196 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASD007 View Post

So what is the best investment for getting best audio output using my lovely PS3 as the main blu ray and video streaming device? Shall I just add a well equipped hi end 5.1 speaker system (which brand)? I always thought buying a separate 5.1 home theater system is waste of money as I already have the bells and whistles with my PS3. I'm no pro and don't know how to invest my money wisely, also don t trust sales people at all they are my worst enemies! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I like Onkyo for recievers and either definitive Technology for speakers or higher end Paradigm. Paradigm has a great compact system called the "Millenia One CT" 2.1 system without needing to buy a reciever
ASD007 likes this.
post #197 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:

I like Onkyo for recievers and either definitive Technology for speakers or higher end Paradigm. Paradigm has a great compact system called the "Millenia One CT" 2.1 system without needing to buy a reciever
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of the Onkyo HT-X22HDX 3D Ready Ultra Compact 2.1 Home Cinema System and upgrade to 5.1 later, if I need to. Most reviews are great.
post #198 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASD007 View Post

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of the Onkyo HT-X22HDX 3D Ready Ultra Compact 2.1 Home Cinema System and upgrade to 5.1 later, if I need to. Most reviews are great.

The HTx22... Is a great compact system as well. Just make sure you don't over pay for one. I've seen them go for under $200 a while back, and lately the price seems higher.

Onkyo has an even newer system called the "LS3100" which looks pretty sweet and is also upgradable to a total of 4 speakers ,I think. I love Onkyo's products. I've had like 4 Onkyo receivers in a 5 year period and never had one issue. Just bought the 818 on Amazon for only $670 recently and its really an amazing reciever.
post #199 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:

The HTx22... Is a great compact system as well. Just make sure you don't over pay for one. I've seen them go for under $200 a while back, and lately the price seems higher.

Onkyo has an even newer system called the "LS3100" which looks pretty sweet and is also upgradable to a total of 4 speakers ,I think. I love Onkyo's products. I've had like 4 Onkyo receivers in a 5 year period and never had one issue. Just bought the 818 on Amazon for only $670 recently and its really an amazing reciever.

Checked the LS3100 but worried about no HDMI connections, only optical, not sure if it will limit my audio experience.
post #200 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:

Paradigm has a great compact system called the "Millenia One CT" 2.1 system without needing to buy a reciever

I had never heard of this system... looks awesome.

TC-P65VT50
Marantz NR1403
Bose Acoustimass 10
post #201 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:

I had never heard of this system... looks awesome.

I've heard amazing things about it too. There is a smaller version that's only $699. Its actually on the Apples site for purchase. I'm thinking about getting one for a spare bedroom.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HA382VC/A/paradigm-millenia-ct-speaker-system
post #202 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 PM

Here's an article explaining how Samsung is being sued for false claims and advertising, I'm curious about something now. Someone recently posted a video from last years CES show where It shows how this Evo kit will improve Picture quality and all this and that.. Wouldn't that be the same false advertising if the kit doesn't come out with all these things that the video says it will have? I mean, they did make this video in 2012 right before they released these TVs so people will see that this kit will improve all these features in the 2013 kit and had people excited to go out and buy them. Here's a link where they did false advertising on their washing machines.

http://www.ttmag.com.au/2013/01/22/accc-finds-samsungs-washing-machine-claims-false/
post #203 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 PM

This is the video Im talking about where they show off at the CES show last year. My point to all this is that maybe Samsung has to do something with the kit that will improve the picture quality because of them advertising this before these TVs were released? Either way, I will still buy the kit so long as its under $300 . If it doesn't improve the picture though and it cost $300 or more, I will probably just wait until next year and buy that one. I would imagine though that some upset consumer that's an attorney will sue them for false advertising if it doesn't improve the picture like they claimed it would last year. I have a good FEELING though that this kit will help the picture to some degree. Better dimming and refresh rate probably
post #204 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

guys lets keep on the topic of the evo kit...not best recievers for our ps3's...wrong thread...just a friendly reminder....lol

no harm no foul...rolleyes.gif.
post #205 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 PM

Liked: 13
That is an excellent suggestion.
post #206 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM

Well maybe if Samsung would stop the lying and hiding the details of their products and give us some real facts about this kit, then we would all have something to talk about here. eek.gif
post #207 of 1811 Old 01-23-2013, 09:14 PM

I told ya endeavor.. smile.gif
post #208 of 1811 Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

I think we should just chill and wait on FACTS....i hate debating rumors, they lead nowhere and just causes us the consumers to bicker against each other...lets put sources with FACTS here, then have an intelligent civilized conversation and discussion about the pros and cons... wink.gif
post #209 of 1811 Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 369
posts deleted
EndeaverouX likes this.
post #210 of 1811 Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

?????? H.265 video codecs to be intergrated into evo kit????

no sources yet...if anyone comes across any reputable source for this, please post it here.... no rumor talk please.... thanx... wink.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Samsung , Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46es8000 Led Hdtv , Samsung 75 Inch Led Smart 3d Hdtv Un75es9000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page