Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 106 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3151 of 3703 Old 05-11-2013, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
And last years "ES" models had a metal back too if I am not mistaken ?

If so , that proves my theory that the metal backs were indeed causing a heat problem , I know when I had last years LG 8600 , every time it was on for more than 3 hours , I had problems , and that had a metal back.

OK__ keep , us posted biggrin.gif , thanks ,

Later smile.gif

G. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3152 of 3703 Old 05-11-2013, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

HI Eagle ,

You mentioned you watched "Looper" , I did too last week , did you like it ?

I thought it was ok , but if I went to the theater to watch it , I would probably be griping .

So , I tend to agree with JJ , you might as well try a 3rd , you already have the best price and the free tablet , so what the heck !

You know what they say , " in for a penny , in for a pound " ____Go for it !! biggrin.gif

Keep us posted smile.gif

Later ,

Me 

I thought Looper was pretty amazing - this is the first time I saw it. I need to see it again now to take it all in. And it looked amazing on this set. I like that kind of film anyhow - anything with time travel and I'm all in.

Like you said, I got an awesome price and a free tablet, so yeah, I guess I've got nothing to lose by trying again (except my return privileges at Best Buy tongue.gif).
post #3153 of 3703 Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I named my Wii U HDMI source "PC" and it now says the resolution is 1920x1280@60Hz (before switching it said 1920x1290 / 60p). It doesn't indicate whether it's "i" or "p". Does anyone know whether that is 1080i or 1080p?

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #3154 of 3703 Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM

Liked: 10
In response to why didnt i get the 65F8000. I couldnt afford the 65F8000. I got the ES for 2850 the 60F was 2900 that was the absolute limit for my budget.
post #3155 of 3703 Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Luke View Post

In response to why didnt i get the 65F8000. I couldnt afford the 65F8000. I got the ES for 2850 the 60F was 2900 that was the absolute limit for my budget.

OK--Thanks. Didn't know there was such a price jump from ES to F in same size panels.

Dave

post #3156 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:

Hey Eagle ,

There is only one way to avoid IR on a plasma , and that is a very long and very tedious break-in period.

Oddly, I failed to do any break in on my plasma, long or tedious. And I have failed to achieve any IR either. Go figure.

But mainly, I checked out this thread because I finally got to play with an F8000 at Fry's the other day. After several minutes of messing with the menus to fix a lot of unacceptable settings (do people really like the motion set to "make everything look entirely fake"???) I thought it looked very nice overall.

I'm sorry to hear some people are still having quality control issues. That seems to be Samsung's real bugaboo with these flagship LCDs for years now. frown.gif

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #3157 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:

Hi RW ,

So your PS3 , is a-ok as far as speed is concerned ?

If so , that is good to know , I don`t have a PS3 or any other net devices , other than my Mac Mini which is hard-wired and my MBP-R.
Both run about the same speed as far as download and upload.

So apparently it is just that the Samsung TV`s don`t seem to run as fast.

Well , it is good that you have your PS3 to stream with.

BTW____ How is the PS3 ? , the last one I had was the old PS1 , I am thinking about getting a PS3 , not for streaming , but for playing games.
But , you do hook it up to the internet ? right ? , what do you do download games ?
Pardon my ignorance , but a new game system to me would be like a very first , where they have changed so much.

OK__ Take care , and when you get your F8000 , we ALL want to know how it is and what you think , thanks biggrin.gif

Later , smile.gif

Gary 
Hi Gary,
The PS3 is great! I love the Up-scaling DVD and Blu-Ray Player and the Netflix steaming works much better than my old Roku (original first series 720i resolution) ... I got the 250Gb PS3 last December.
Yes it is hard-wired to the Internet. I am not a big Gamer. I have a six titles and have only tried a couple of them. My last Game machine was an Atari ST 1040 computer from 1985. The Atari ST 1040 came with no Hard Drive,you had to play the games from Floppy Disks. Sony lets you download some games for free and others for a discounted price depending on the plan ( PSN is free and PS+ you need to buy a subscription)... You might want to wait for the PS4 to come out later this year. It will be a faster and hopefully better game machine...
I will do a short review on my F8000 ASAP... smile.gif

~RW~...

PS... My new Blue Jeans Cable arrived yesterday in preparation for my F8000... Had it ternimated with F Connectors for my OTA antenna to TV. Very noticeable PQ improvement from this fine cable. I have several other Blue Jeans Cables and they all work very well. My favorite for "Audio Out" is "Cables to Go #45457 SonicWave Glass TOSLINK Cable (2 Meters/6.5 Feeet)". Excellent sounding and only about $44 on Amazon...

"Coaxial Digital Audio Cable: Belden 1694A
Our favorite cable for coaxial digital audio use (many others are available; see below) is Belden 1694A "Brilliance" precision digital video coaxial cable, a 75 ohm coax engineered for low signal loss over long runs. These cables are exceptionally well shielded to keep outside electromagnetic interference from entering and polluting the signal; the shielding consists of a combination of a dense (95% coverage) tinned copper braid and a double-sided aluminum-on-polyester foil, for the best protection both against EMI and RFI. View the technical specs for Belden 1694A." http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm

OLED Panels/ 4K Ultra HD TV... Redefining an Imperfect World

post #3158 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoc59 View Post

Disappointing. I was excited about Samsung getting back to full local dimming. Im just not happy with the image processing in my HX929 but Id rather deal with that instead of the horrible clouding and corner light bleed that has plagued Samsung since the B8500.

have to agree, very disappointed with my new UE46F8000 Samsung. horrible torch-lights shining in from all four corners (click on photo above to enlarge) . Even with the back-light LED dimmed to ZERO!! i could still see those stupid lights in the corners. a major distraction when watching anything dark!

It was so bad i brought it back to my retailer and complained about it, at first they tried to say it was just a feature of the new tv's ...wtf?

They gave me another one, but before i brought it home i wanted a demo in-store. lo and behold, the same corner torch-lights could be clearly visible. Even the guy in store couldnt believe how distracting it was.

ended up i told them i wanted a different tv as this quality was unnaceptable for a £2000 TV!

...waiting patiently on my new Panasonic VIERA TXL47WT65B

Basically all i can say is stay well clear of the new Samsung UE46F8000 as the lights from the corners will really annoy you and theres no amount of adjustment you can do on the tv to get rid of it.
post #3159 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM

Hello,

i have a question, i want to buy the 55F8000, is there a nice wall mount for available?
does someone have a picture or link for me?

Greetings from the Netherlands
post #3160 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 06:44 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

I had to stop watching the shootout after awhile. It seemed like the focus was pointing out how great the plasma sets are. I started to wonder why they even had LEDs on display. And it also gave me a small amount of buyer's remorse.

But I then I put The Hobbit, Skyfall and The Fifth Element on my F8000 to experiment with some more settings and I was happy again. It really is a beautiful picture. I hope the third time's the charm for you, eagle.

I stuck with it all the way. It was amusing to hear them rave over every plasma display.

Especially liked when they said the Elite was basically garbage compared to the plasmas - Right!

Also denigrated Sony 4K and when talking about 3D didn't even mention that passive 3D on the Sony gives you true 1080P.

Well I have an Elite and to my eyes I get a great picture day or night without buzzing and/or fan noise and can watch without worrying about IR.
I will give them credit they at least acknowledged plasma sets have buzzing and fan noise that can be heard in a quiet room.

I wonder if Robert will sell any LCDs to anyone who watched the shootout.

I will be purchasing another set shortly - probably the Sony 4K if I get a good deal. Really like the 3D, upconverting, 4K content is coming (you tube, remastered BD, etc.). Bottom line is plasma or LCD pick what you like - don't just look at data scores look at the picture.
post #3161 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronzuid View Post

Hello,

i have a question, i want to buy the 55F8000, is there a nice wall mount for available?
does someone have a picture or link for me?

Greetings from the Netherlands
These are made by Samsung... Not sure if they are available in your country...
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs-accessories/WMN250M/ZA

"Mini Wall-Mount Installation - WMN250M"
http://youtu.be/BATwsrTKhSM

post #3162 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 105
To those complaining of network variances of speeds and blaming in on the Samsung panel:

I Procured and Managed an Enterprise Voice/Data Network before I retired and constantly had to test my servers and remote locations for Voice/Data and your speeds will always vary because your going through hops that are unpredictable along the way, any of which can interfere and slow the process and one cannot blame the Panel for all the Hops outside your own Home Network or collisions or error correction ability of the Router. Those are beyond your control and Samsung. You can troubleshoot the hops and attempt to pinpoint a failure in the chain including bad switches - there are so many possibilities and to solely blame it on a manufacturers panel is silly as the external points in that network chain are beyond the panels ability to correct.

Your Router and every hop along the way has a point up/down and error correction means your upload and download speeds can vary greatly plus often those networks without dedicated circuits with guaranteed CIR can often throttle during high traffic periods of the day bottle necking the data - typical home networks have no such thing as guaranteed committed info rates and even then problems can still occur even if your on your own T1/T3 etc.. Just don't jump on the panel for something that is likely a variable beyond their control in the networking world - if you map out your hops using network utilities they can be observed but the panel manufacturer has very little it can do to correct those external sources in the chain once it leaves the panel other than bringing it to the attention of your Carrier for testing/confirmation and hopefully correction. .smile.gif

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #3163 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexlr8r View Post

have to agree, very disappointed with my new UE46F8000 Samsung. horrible torch-lights shining in from all four corners (click on photo above to enlarge) . Even with the back-light LED dimmed to ZERO!! i could still see those stupid lights in the corners. a major distraction when watching anything dark!

It was so bad i brought it back to my retailer and complained about it, at first they tried to say it was just a feature of the new tv's ...wtf?

They gave me another one, but before i brought it home i wanted a demo in-store. lo and behold, the same corner torch-lights could be clearly visible. Even the guy in store couldnt believe how distracting it was.

ended up i told them i wanted a different tv as this quality was unnaceptable for a £2000 TV!

Basically all i can say is stay well clear of the new Samsung UE46F8000 as the lights from the corners will really annoy you and theres no amount of adjustment you can do on the tv to get rid of it.

My first F8000 had virtually no flashlighting whatsoever and zero clouding, but sadly had a dead pixel. My replacement had more flashlighting, but nowhere near as bad as last year's models. I think it's a matter of luck of the draw, as it is with all LCD sets. Go look at the LG threads and see how they're doing - it's no better with LG or Panasonic. Edge-lit LCDs all have this unfortunate issue - I think Samsungs are better this year in that respect but obviously it can vary from set to set. I do understand the frustration though - I wouldn't want to keep a set that had bad flashlighting - my current set is going back anyways due to another dead pixel but the flashlighting looks worse than the 1st one so I wouldn't be happy after seeing how good it is capable of getting.
post #3164 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWonder View Post

These are made by Samsung... Not sure if they are available in your country...

"Mini Wall-Mount Installation - WMN250M"
http://youtu.be/BATwsrTKhSM

Description says:
Quote:
Follow along with this video to learn how to safely and properly install the WMN250M Mini Wall-Mount for your 2009-2012 Samsung television.

Does it work for 2013 too? Are there any new wall mounts? What about those "ultra slim" ones they have?

And how does their mount compare to something like this one?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082812&p_id=5918&seq=1&format=2
post #3165 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

I think it was unfair in the shootout how the F8000 was on the opposite far side of the room, where it could be easily ignored while everyone was spending all their time on the plasmas. And it didn't help that the F8000 was underneath that awful WT60 LCD, so nobody even bothered to give that side of the room any attention because it was clear early on how bad the WT60 looked in comparison to everything else in the room. There also wasn't enough competition - it just turned into a plasmas lovefest. I would have liked to have seen an LG LCD and a Sony LCD (not 4k) to compete.
post #3166 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 View Post

Description says:
Does it work for 2013 too? Are there any new wall mounts? What about those "ultra slim" ones they have?

And how does their mount compare to something like this one?
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082812&p_id=5918&seq=1&format=2

Did you click on the "Compatible With- "See All" button" ? It has 2013 models listed...

Sorry can not comment about the Monoprice unit...

post #3167 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Guy`s :

Eagle , I really like time-travel movies to , but for some reason "Looper" just didn`t click , I do plan on watching it again though wink.gif

That is really weird about the light bled on the corners , I don`t have any light bled that I can see , of course if I cranked the picture and brightness up I might.
I keep my brightness any where from 12 to 15 , depending on content.
Sadly my Comcast box is a piece of junk , it definitely has a chroma bug , I get only a hand full of channels in the clear without a box , but those channels that I can get without the box are far more stable as far as color and contrast.
O__well , that is Comcast for `ya , the worst possible picture for the highest possible price eek.gif
Can`t go dish , I am surrounded by pine trees and I already have an inline "drop-amp" and sometimes the S/N ratio coming from the box is as low as 34 db.

Well , best of luck with your 3rd , and tell BB , that you are sick and tired of getting bad tv`s , and that you will try a 3rd , but this will be it , so you better get me a good one !

RW , thanks for the info about the PS3 , yes I do know the PS4 is coming in Nov. , but given the cost and the cost of the games ( at least at first ) , it might be better for me to get a PS3. Still don`t know yet , but leaning that way !!
Yes , I remember the old game systems , how about "Vectrex" , remember that one !! ? I actually liked it , the flicker would drive me nuts and those stupid overlays , but still some good games Scrambler was my favorite.

OK ___ Guy`s , take care smile.gif

Later ,

Gary 
post #3168 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 08:43 AM

When in the store today i looked at the 55F8000, direct next to it was the 55F7000. i found the 55F7000 much better looking, on both screens the same bluray music concert playing.
I don't know if both where "out of the box" playing but it was interesting to see i liked the F7000 a little more.
So maybe i choose the F7000, is cheaper.
post #3169 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioWonder View Post

Did you click on the "Compatible With- "See All" button" ? It has 2013 models listed...

Sorry can not comment about the Monoprice unit...

Ah - missed that tab smile.gif

Do you know if the UN60F8000 can be mounted at the 17mm with this one? The video says not all models can be mounted at the smaller depth...
post #3170 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:

Do you know if the UN60F8000 can be mounted at the 17mm with this one? The video says not all models can be mounted at the smaller depth...

Mono price mounts have been reviewed all over this website, they and their cords come highly recommended. Note that samsungs mount instructs only to do it into wood, brick and concrete: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008U4HWXG

Check the reviews. I wouldn't want to pay $100 for a TV mount when a $14 mount does the same thing really sturdy.
post #3171 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Re the mount, one thing to consider with the Samsung mount is that you need to get placement perfect before you decide to mount, i.e., with the mounting brackets you can (i) put the align the main bracket with your studs because you can move the TV from side to side and (ii) you can move the brackets on the back of the set which will also change the height of the placement of the TV a bit (although on my 60" set there isn't a lot of room). For me the main issue was the centering of the TV b/c my studs weren't centered along the wall. I have a static wall mount and my set is about 1 3/4" from the wall. I would think that the Samsung kit may get it a bit closer, but one thing to keep in mind is that the top of the set is thinner than the bottom so no matter what it will give the appearance of being farther from the wall regardless of the wall mount.

One thing I did like about the Samsung kit is the ability to make and change connections with the set already on the wall. I don't know if anyone who has the kit has done this with the F8000 and whether it works, but if it does work, that's a big plus b/c I would think that with any other mounting kit this would not be possible.

Rich S
TiVo since 1999
post #3172 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Here is your Samsung UN60F8000.http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN60F8000BFXZA
Scroll down the page and you will find the " Accessories" made Just For Your TV". Click on the Shop Button to find a retailer close to where you live or just do a Google search of someone you trust.
It should have everything you need in the package.
"One Size Fits All. Ranging from 32'' screens all the way to a 65'', the WMN 250 mini wall mount is the picture perfect solution for your Samsung TV no matter ..."

If you are still not sure Click on Support on the Dark Blue Bar at the top of the page.
Lots of ways to contact Samsung about the WMN250M/ZA mini wall mount .
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60F8000BFXZA

If you don't have wall studs that line up you may need 1/4" Molly Toggle bolts to hang it on Drywall. Your TV weighs 45.1 lb. ...

post #3173 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 03:27 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSko View Post

One thing I did like about the Samsung kit is the ability to make and change connections with the set already on the wall. I don't know if anyone who has the kit has done this with the F8000 and whether it works, but if it does work, that's a big plus b/c I would think that with any other mounting kit this would not be possible.
+1 Keep in mind any mount that is "low profile" you will NOT be able to access your sources once mounted on the wall. I considered just leaving the bottom part off my mount, not attached as it has some pretty deep top hooks and then I woule be able to access all of my sources. There are certainly a variety of mounts out there, tilt, swivel/tilt, low profile..and this new rop design looking kind. I just see samsung's mount essentially the same thing as buying a "monster hdmi cable" at best buy....overpriced.

I glanced at amazon again and there is a better price for same samsung unit with 21 reviews(mostly postive too, some directly into drywall too): http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-WMN250M-Mini-Wall-Mount-Models/dp/B007IHF5QM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

As you can see from pictures below, the bottom portion is 19mm/.75 inches off the wall and the top portion is farther away. The power cord on the F8000 is angled and I had 0 issues running it down using a raceway(was going to use wallplates, but a horizontal stud at 4 feet was in my way). My apologies for screwy lighting, tv light screws with my DSLR automatic settings, I was to lazy to mess with manual mode for these on the fly pics. I considered this mount from monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082812&p_id=6424&seq=1&format=2

but ended up with http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10828&cs_id=1082812&p_id=5918&seq=1&sortby=1&period=1&format=4 as it has a security bar on the bottom(a PITA but makes it real sturdy).

RadioWonder likes this.
post #3174 of 3703 Old 05-12-2013, 03:29 PM

This "four part series" looks like it would be good for mounting a mount similar to the Monoprice unit...
http://youtu.be/aF2U6w4e7eg

This is the mount he recommends in the video. I like the Locking feature. $129.95 + FREE SHIPPING
http://www.standsonline.com/Free-Shipping/Omnimount-NC200F-Mount-for-37---63-Flat-Panels-TVs__Omnimount-NC200F.aspx

Lots of good mounts at Omnimount.
http://www.omnimount.com/products/tv_wall_mounts/

post #3175 of 3703 Old 05-13-2013, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi Guy`s :

Eagle , I really like time-travel movies to , but for some reason "Looper" just didn`t click , I do plan on watching it again though wink.gif

That is really weird about the light bled on the corners , I don`t have any light bled that I can see , of course if I cranked the picture and brightness up I might.
I keep my brightness any where from 12 to 15 , depending on content.
Sadly my Comcast box is a piece of junk , it definitely has a chroma bug , I get only a hand full of channels in the clear without a box , but those channels that I can get without the box are far more stable as far as color and contrast.
O__well , that is Comcast for `ya , the worst possible picture for the highest possible price eek.gif
Can`t go dish , I am surrounded by pine trees and I already have an inline "drop-amp" and sometimes the S/N ratio coming from the box is as low as 34 db.

Well , best of luck with your 3rd , and tell BB , that you are sick and tired of getting bad tv`s , and that you will try a 3rd , but this will be it , so you better get me a good one !

RW , thanks for the info about the PS3 , yes I do know the PS4 is coming in Nov. , but given the cost and the cost of the games ( at least at first ) , it might be better for me to get a PS3. Still don`t know yet , but leaning that way !!
Yes , I remember the old game systems , how about "Vectrex" , remember that one !! ? I actually liked it , the flicker would drive me nuts and those stupid overlays , but still some good games Scrambler was my favorite.

OK ___ Guy`s , take care smile.gif

Later ,

Gary 

Just a quick recommendation for other great time-travel films: "Millennium (1989 - rather unknown but very enjoyable and rather unique story); "Retroactive (James Belushi)"; "Gandahar AKA Light Years (surreal French animated film)"; "TimeCrimes (highly recommended - Italian)" ; "The Butterfly Effect (quite disturbing)"; "Déjà Vu (2006); "Primer (outstanding but very complex)".

I think I've decided that as long as I can find one without dead pixels (and very minimal light bleed like my first panel), I'll be sticking with the F8000. I just don't think anything else will offer a better picture or better uniformity other than a plasma.
post #3176 of 3703 Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Eagle ,

Yes I have seen "Millennium" thats the one with Cheryl Ladd and Kris Kristofferson , right ? , anyway good movie.

"Butterfly Effect " yes , very disturbing , very different,

Deja Vue , was good , how about "The Timetravelers Wife" and what was that one with Huge Jackman looking for the fountain of youth , weird , but enjoyable.

I think that would be a good choice ti stick it out with the F8000 , I just hope you can find a good one.

Last year I had my fun ( not ) with BB and PC laptops , first I tried an HP M7 , and right out of the box it had a row of dead pixels , then the second had a software issue caused by HP`s framework and a compatibility issue with Win. 7 , that computer was only sold at BB and then only for about 2 months.
Then came the crappy Toshiba with the fried mother board about a week after my 30 days were up , lucky they gave me store credit , that is when I decided to get my MBP-R.

So as you can see , you are not alone in getting junk !! , It should not be that way , but I guess somebody as to inspect them , so it might as well be us !!! LOL

Anyway , I really hope they can get you a could one this time. Any Idea when you expect to get the replacement ? , just curious about how long it takes BB to pickup and ship.

OK__Take care smile.gif

Gary 

PS:

Have you tried any of the Samsung apps ? I find them to be fairly lame , not very good at all.
Not the regular video apps , I`m talk`n about "games" , "lifestyle" they have one called Broken TV , good thing it was free , a complete waste of time and it didn`t even work right.

I did download a chess game , not to bad , but now where near great , but it was a free app !
post #3177 of 3703 Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 AM

I was "sad" to see no angry birds this year. I intend to download bravo. I wish there was an E! App my wife would be so happy.
post #3178 of 3703 Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There is an Angry Birds cartoon available.
post #3179 of 3703 Old 05-13-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexlr8r View Post

just curious, was that picture taken in Standard mode or movie mode. Standard mode should get rid of clouding as it has micro dimming enabled.

TV: Samsung 60inch 60ES8000 LED TV,
Sound System: Pioneer VSX 1120-K, 2x JBL Stadium fronts, 1x JBL EC35 center, 4x JBL L820 surrounds, 1x JBL SUB12 for a complete 7.1
Headphones: Sennheiser HD598, HD650 headphone, Audio Technica ATH-AD700, AD900X
post #3180 of 3703 Old 05-13-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzz1854 View Post

just curious, was that picture taken in Standard mode or movie mode. Standard mode should get rid of clouding as it has micro dimming enabled.

this was in movie mode, but it was only very slightly less obvious in standard mode. (its even worse again in 3D mode)

for me its just too annoying to see those corner lights especially when i watch alot of sci-fi movies (mainly dark screens) and it just ruins the experience.

im hoping the panasonic wont be as bad, the review/spec gives it more or less equal par with the samsung...quad core etc etc....
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr65hx929 65 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wifi Black , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page