Samsung F8000 -- 2013 Flagship Models - Page 115 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3421 of 3703 Old 09-10-2013, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
About to get a F8000 but I have a couple questions.

I can't seem to get a solid answer on the "soap opera" effect (unless I"m just missing something).

I'm pretty sensitive to noticing it and I hate it. It takes all the fantasy, otherworldliness out of what I'm watching. It looks like it was shot in my backyard with actors and props, not like it's really happening somewhere.

Anyways, is it bad? Can it be disabled?

I'd probably go plasma if I wasn't afraid of burn-in. But I do play a lot of video games and people still get burn-in.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 3703 Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 AM

Liked: 36
SOE can absolutely be disabled on this set. You have full control over its individual blur and judder (interpolation) settings.
post #3423 of 3703 Old 09-11-2013, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
75" owners

How deep a shelf do I need, front-to-back, for stand to fit. Can't get a consistent answer anywhere.

Thanks. smile.gif

Dave

post #3424 of 3703 Old 09-11-2013, 08:39 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk View Post

75" owners

How deep a shelf do I need, front-to-back, for stand to fit. Can't get a consistent answer anywhere.

Thanks. smile.gif

Moonhawk, I am sorry I missed your first request for a size on the stand.

I have mine hung on the wall but I pulled out the box and measured it for you. It is right under 16". However I did also look on other sites and saw there are people saying their stands are 14".....

So my only conclusion is that there are 2 stands that Samsung is using for this set.

To be safe I would build a shelf that is 16" to compensate for the larger stand incase your set is shipped with it and not the 14" stand.

It seems Samsung likes to send different parts such as panels and stands to confuse us all!!!

Hope this helps and once again sorry for missing your original question.biggrin.gif
post #3425 of 3703 Old 09-11-2013, 08:42 AM

Liked: 31
New owner: should I do the firmware upgrade or wait? I'm not gaming on the TV and I read some posts in here about a dull impact on non-gaming viewing. Also, which post has the latest "first settings" for a TS01 panel. Cheers!
post #3426 of 3703 Old 09-11-2013, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

I have mine hung on the wall but I pulled out the box and measured it for you. It is right under 16". However I did also look on other sites and saw there are people saying their stands are 14".....

So my only conclusion is that there are 2 stands that Samsung is using for this set.

To be safe I would build a shelf that is 16" to compensate for the larger stand incase your set is shipped with it and not the 14" stand.

It seems Samsung likes to send different parts such as panels and stands to confuse us all!!!

Hope this helps and once again sorry for missing your original question.biggrin.gif

If your talking about the 75F8000 stand, they should all be the same size. Same box, same tv, same stand.
I get that Samsung may use different screens (same size), but different stands, I highly doubt that.
The question is how are people measuring the stand.
As merkey pointed out, be safe and make sure the shelf is at least 16" and I'd go a bit over that for wiggle room.
Best of luck.

Anthem D2v, McIntosh MC205, Elite PRO-70X5FD, Oppo BDP-103, Dish hopper, Richard Gray Power Company 400S, B&W Nautilus, JL audio Fathom f113, Harmony One, empty wallet ;>)
post #3427 of 3703 Old 09-11-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekindrewind View Post

If your talking about the 75F8000 stand, they should all be the same size. Same box, same tv, same stand.
I get that Samsung may use different screens (same size), but different stands, I highly doubt that.
The question is how are people measuring the stand.
As merkey pointed out, be safe and make sure the shelf is at least 16" and I'd go a bit over that for wiggle room.
Best of luck.

OK, Guys...Thanks very much!! smile.gifsmile.gif

Dave

post #3428 of 3703 Old 09-11-2013, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Having video display issues with Sony receiver, Receiver HDMI out is not producing a picture on the Samsung - Samsung says no HDMI connected. Have tried cables into HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 on the Samsung. Picture fine if I bypass receiver and go directly from STB or DVR to Samsung. Cannot figure out what problem might be.
post #3429 of 3703 Old 09-11-2013, 09:35 PM

Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjvnyc View Post

New owner: should I do the firmware upgrade or wait? I'm not gaming on the TV and I read some posts in here about a dull impact on non-gaming viewing. Also, which post has the latest "first settings" for a TS01 panel. Cheers!

I keep mine up to date and it looks just as sharp as the day I got it. I don't know what those people are talking about.
post #3430 of 3703 Old 09-12-2013, 02:08 AM

Hey everyone,

I'm a 46f8000 owner. Can anyone tell me why the 'expert pattern' function is greyed out? I cant seen to get this activated.

Thnx in advance!

gr, Mark
post #3431 of 3703 Old 09-12-2013, 06:33 AM

Anybody have issues with connecting home theater receiver to Samsung TV? Samsung support is telling me they do not support connecting HDMI output from Sony receiver to the Samsung HDMI input. I find that extremely hard to believe.
post #3432 of 3703 Old 09-12-2013, 07:16 AM

The
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgershon View Post

Anybody have issues with connecting home theater receiver to Samsung TV? Samsung support is telling me they do not support connecting HDMI output from Sony receiver to the Samsung HDMI input. I find that extremely hard to believe.

The only thing I can suggest is go into your receivers menu and make sure HDMI digital passthrough is on. On my onkyo needed to be told and set to pass the signal to the tv. Not sure how the Sony words things but it sounds like the receiver just need to open the door for the signal the pass through it to the TV. Sorry I don't have a Sony so I don't know thee I of the receiver to give more help.

Good luck!
post #3433 of 3703 Old 09-12-2013, 07:19 AM

Thanks. What is weird about my issue is that it is handshake related. Passthrough works fine until the TV and receiver have been off for some period of time. Then when I power back on, the TV does not receive HDMI signal from the receiver. And the only fix is to completely power off the TV (unplug it) to reset. It seems to me like the YV is shutting off acceptance of an HDMI signal specifically from the receiver (because at that point if I plug direct from STB to TV or Receiver to a different TV, everything is fine. Either Sony blocks output to Samsung (unlikely) or Samsung block input from Sony.
post #3434 of 3703 Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 AM

OK, so 10 years into my hobby, my first cabling issue.
I used an HDMI coupler on 2 cheap HDMI cables and it cannot pass 1080p 60HZ from either my BD player or my HTPC.
I've controlled with a better cable and with changing the HDMI input ports on the back of the TV. The issue is isolated to the cabling.
Hah- finally caught up with me!
post #3435 of 3703 Old 09-15-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

I just recently bought the 65in and you suffer what most 65in owners have at this size which is vertical banding. I am in the the process of having mine exchanged for another. If the next set does not work then I will drop down to a 60in as they have it less than the 65in. Last years ES8000 of the 65in was plagued as well. I thought this year would be different, but no. I may call Samsung personally to see what they say and the remedy to correct it. It sucks to have to deal with this with a $3300 TV.
How did you go with the new set?
Is anyone else having this problem?
post #3436 of 3703 Old 09-15-2013, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcooper View Post

How did you go with the new set?
Is anyone else having this problem?

Matt,

Sorry for not updating here. I updated on the other F8000 thread. I will copy and past here:

So I got a new UN65F8000 TV delivered today and they took away the other vertically banded plagued TV. All I can say is that it is MUCH better!!!! I had requested that they send me a TV that had a US02 panel, and they honored that request as they had opened the box to make sure that it was before they delivered it and I can tell you that vertical banding is non-existent on this TV!. Now looking at the TV from an extreme side angle I can see some dark, but this is normal with Edge-lit TVs. What was also interesting is that this TV came with two remotes as my other one that I had returned only had one. My current TV was made in July 2013. Picture is phenomenal and a happy camper. I can tell this also, this TV has no bend in the frame like my other one had and the service from the delivery crew was much better as well.

After watching a movie during the night.......

Well last night was a total let down. I should of suspected something wrong when they brought me the new TV and it looked like it was opened before. I blew that off and thought that they inspected it before I received it but that was not the case. I went to watch a movie last night and notice the flaw with this TV. It seems that someone returned it for a bad light panel due to the fact that this TV has worst black levels than my D8000 I just sold. The black level on the TV I just sent back was amazing, but this set here has some serious issues. Another one is that when the TV shuts off, it makes this loud click and flashes at the same time and the backlight slowly dims off instead of going completely black after shutting it off. When you turn the TV back on, you see clouding really bad ands then the picture comes on and the screen brightness goes real high and then back down to your setting. I was so pissed last night as I thought I had a good set, but I don't. Back to BB again.

After going back to BB again....

BB did not deliver an open boxed item, the third party delivery company did. The first one was factory sealed, the second one was not. What made this TV bad was the back panel was not sealed and it was flexible. I did not notice this until I went to put the wall mounts on the back and notice there was a gap between the back cover and the holes for the wall mounts. On top of that, the light algorithm was screwed up. Worst blacks I have ever seen. TV went to black very slowly and not quick like it should. This was a reason for the bad black levels at night compared to the one that was exchanged. I just came back from BB and spoke with the store supervisor and told him that was not acceptable and it was not his fault, but the fault of the third party. I told him I should not be going through this and that this is too much for a TV that is almost $3500. He agreed and was on my side. So the new one is coming on Wednesday and I told him I hope that this TV is it because if it is not then I am giving up on Samsung and have them deliver me a new Sony XBR-65X850A (4K) when they come out in 2 weeks. He was willing to do that today, but I told him I was going to give Samsung one more chance since the 2nd one was the fault of the Third party sending me an open box TV. Will keep everyone posted on Wednesday's outcome. Will I turn back to Sony after 7 years? It will all depend on Samsung.... Stay tuned..............
post #3437 of 3703 Old 09-15-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

Matt,

Sorry for not updating here. I updated on the other F8000 thread. I will copy and past here:

So I got a new UN65F8000 TV delivered today and they took away the other vertically banded plagued TV. All I can say is that it is MUCH better!!!! I had requested that they send me a TV that had a US02 panel, and they honored that request as they had opened the box to make sure that it was before they delivered it and I can tell you that vertical banding is non-existent on this TV!. Now looking at the TV from an extreme side angle I can see some dark, but this is normal with Edge-lit TVs. What was also interesting is that this TV came with two remotes as my other one that I had returned only had one. My current TV was made in July 2013. Picture is phenomenal and a happy camper. I can tell this also, this TV has no bend in the frame like my other one had and the service from the delivery crew was much better as well.

After watching a movie during the night.......

Well last night was a total let down. I should of suspected something wrong when they brought me the new TV and it looked like it was opened before. I blew that off and thought that they inspected it before I received it but that was not the case. I went to watch a movie last night and notice the flaw with this TV. It seems that someone returned it for a bad light panel due to the fact that this TV has worst black levels than my D8000 I just sold. The black level on the TV I just sent back was amazing, but this set here has some serious issues. Another one is that when the TV shuts off, it makes this loud click and flashes at the same time and the backlight slowly dims off instead of going completely black after shutting it off. When you turn the TV back on, you see clouding really bad ands then the picture comes on and the screen brightness goes real high and then back down to your setting. I was so pissed last night as I thought I had a good set, but I don't. Back to BB again.

After going back to BB again....

BB did not deliver an open boxed item, the third party delivery company did. The first one was factory sealed, the second one was not. What made this TV bad was the back panel was not sealed and it was flexible. I did not notice this until I went to put the wall mounts on the back and notice there was a gap between the back cover and the holes for the wall mounts. On top of that, the light algorithm was screwed up. Worst blacks I have ever seen. TV went to black very slowly and not quick like it should. This was a reason for the bad black levels at night compared to the one that was exchanged. I just came back from BB and spoke with the store supervisor and told him that was not acceptable and it was not his fault, but the fault of the third party. I told him I should not be going through this and that this is too much for a TV that is almost $3500. He agreed and was on my side. So the new one is coming on Wednesday and I told him I hope that this TV is it because if it is not then I am giving up on Samsung and have them deliver me a new Sony XBR-65X850A (4K) when they come out in 2 weeks. He was willing to do that today, but I told him I was going to give Samsung one more chance since the 2nd one was the fault of the Third party sending me an open box TV. Will keep everyone posted on Wednesday's outcome. Will I turn back to Sony after 7 years? It will all depend on Samsung.... Stay tuned..............

WOW!
Thanks for the update! I think ill replace my panel now
post #3438 of 3703 Old 09-18-2013, 11:13 AM

I hope it all works out for you!
post #3439 of 3703 Old 09-18-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi Guy`s

I don`t know how many have the app " Cloudme" , but if you do and can`t logon using your Samsung App , BUT , can using your computer , please post.

I called Samsung and they are having the same problem , works fine with there computers , but does not work with a Smart TV.

Thanks for checking ! smile.gif

Later ,

Gary 

PS:

Waiting for reply from support@cloudme.com ...
post #3440 of 3703 Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 PM

Any word on what the new firmware update does?
post #3441 of 3703 Old 09-18-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I love my 60F8000, but it stutters periodically with AMP off. I tried a different HDMI cable, but its still the same results. It mostly happens on sports channels. I am using a DirecTV HR24 and I also swapped it out with a H25. Both exhibit serious motion issues (NBC Sports channel is the worst offender.) AMP on is pretty much unusable. Anyone else seeing anything similar?
post #3442 of 3703 Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 71
It seems like the stutter is TV provider specific. I heard of people with Comcast having issues in particular. I have AT&T U-Verse (They suck, I know) and have no stuttering at all and am able to have Anti-Blur at 10 and Anti-Judder at 3 with Clear Motion on with my set top box using HDMI. I suppose you could try component cables to see if that helps.

I think AT&T's U-Verse doesn't have stutter issues because the box outputs the same resolution no matter what the broadcasted content is. For example, ESPN is broadcasted in 720p but the U-Verse box outputs the 720p image through a 1080i feed to the TV. Same with standard def and 1080i broadcasts, so the hard work of decoding the image is done on the set top box and is fed to the TV in a constant 1080i stream whereas Comcast has the TV do a lot of the decoding in terms of changing resolution to match the content. My friends who have Comcast, when they open the SD guide, or change channels, the TV constantly adjusts to the resolution of the broadcasts whereas the U-Verse box stays outputting 1080i all the time.

I'm no expert but I think it has something along the lines of that causing stuttering to plague certain TV providers.
post #3443 of 3703 Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 PM

Anyone with DTV & unf8000bf with "smart led
on" notice the Dtv banner at top of screen dims every time when changing channels.. If i turn smart led off.. It does not dim at all.. Is this normal ?? Thanks..
post #3444 of 3703 Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:

WOW!
Thanks for the update! I think ill replace my panel now

Well, got the third one in. I can say that now I am content with the 65". Uniformity and it is a US02 panel built in July. I had issues with Cinema black working but figured out the issue. If I have my brightness setting above 45, it does not work properly. I had it at 47 an that was a no go. Popped in WOW Calibration and the TV was correct to be at 45, but I dropped it to 44 to be on the safe side. I so far I am content until I see the SONY X850A next week and see if that TV can surprise me. Having a 4K TV does not sound too bad for $5000. So far, I can live with the F8000. Did a hard reset after the Firmware Upgrade and everything seems good!
post #3445 of 3703 Old 09-19-2013, 06:53 AM

The new Sony is tempting at the price and as long as it can get close to the PQ of the f8000 it may be the way to go....all depends on bleeding and flash lighting.
post #3446 of 3703 Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1961 View Post

Anyone with DTV & unf8000bf with "smart led
on" notice the Dtv banner at top of screen dims every time when changing channels.. If i turn smart led off.. It does not dim at all.. Is this normal ?? Thanks..
Anyone !!
It all so dims the channel indicators on the right side of screen when using the OTA tuner when changing channel's but only when SmartLED is on low,med, high.. "It dims & then gets bright " is this just the way the SmartLED works?? Or have i got a problem here?? Thanks..
post #3447 of 3703 Old 09-19-2013, 03:01 PM

I got my replacement 65F8000. The good news is the black light bleed is virtually gone. But the vertical banding is highly present....

:-(
post #3448 of 3703 Old 09-19-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:

I got my replacement 65F8000. The good news is the black light bleed is virtually gone. But the vertical banding is highly present....

:-(

Sorry to hear that man. The first panel I got was a TS01 and the blacks were great but the vertical banding was bad. I think that all stemmed from the frame being bent like it was crushed. I posted pictures. But the last 2 I have got were US02 panels and there is no banding what so ever unless I look at the TV from a sharp off angle position and I think this is common with all Edge-lits to see that. I am growing now in being satisfied with the F8000 after the struggles and worries. I would exchange if it is bad and do not settle. We spend way too much money to settle for bad PQ.
post #3449 of 3703 Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 AM

ARC Audio and other Home Theater Connection Issues

At my wits end trying to connect DVR, Samsung F8000 and Sony audio receiver. Two configurations possible: (1) DVR -> Samsung -> Receiver or (2) DVR -> Receiver -> Samsung.

On (1): Samsung tech support tells you to go this way. DVR connects to HDMI 1 and HDMI 3 connects to TV input on receiver. Generally functional, except Samsung is not passing 5.1 sound to the receiver despite ARC. ARC is lit on receiver, so in theory this is workimg, but receiver is only getting two sound channels on all stations. I have combed this thread and it is unclear to me if anybody has successfully passed 5.1 sound from an external input, through the F8000, and to the external receiver. May not be possible either on optical or HDMI. If someone has been successful, please speak up.

On (2) Hooking DVR to SAT/DVR input on receiver and TV on receiver to HDMI 3 on F8000 works at first and generates 5.1 sound. Using same channel on DVR so I know 5.1 is working because (2) gets it, so (1) must be a passthrough problem. Problem I have is that when I turn TV and receiver off, something seems to go wrong in HDMI handshake. When I power TV back on, it goes directly to HDMI 3 (it should) but then it puts the receiver into TV mode (instead of Sat/DVR). actively overriding my setting. When I switch receiver back to Sat / DVR. there is no output coming from the TV port on receiver to HDMI 3 on the F8000. I must unplug F8000 AND either unplug receiver or reset receiver to clear thr issue and fix.

I believe that the F8000 has been out long enough that others must have encountered these issues. While it could be a compatibility problem with my Sony receiver, there may be something else happening. Is there something else I should do to enable passthrough of 5.1 audio over ARC from an external HDMI source (it works fine from the internal Samsung apps liek netflix)? Alternatively, is there some trick to getting over the handshaking issues that are causing the HDMI connection to fail when I pass video over HDMI from receiver to F8000?
post #3450 of 3703 Old 09-27-2013, 01:22 AM

Hey Guys,
So im going to exchange my panel again! for ether another brand or the same model :-(

Just a question, How do you tell if you have a US02 panel?

Thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Led Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr65hx929 65 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wifi Black , Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page